Monday, May 29, 2023

Easy living

Not much to show you but it has been a busy week.
So, I will show you my walk this morning.

The weather this weekend could not have been better. 
I worked my last Saturday and yesterday I spent the biggest part of the day on my porch reading a crazy silly book that made me laugh out loud. I just could not get out of my own way yesterday. I did get a few things done but nothing earth shattering. 

Today we headed to my brother in law's for a BBQ
and lobster rolls. Most of the family was there and I got to see the newest family member baby Wilder. There is nothing like snuggling a baby and sending them back to mom lol. 
***
I have agreed to work 3 extra days to train my replacement.
I feel like it is the right thing to do, and I hope to give her a good start. So Friday June 2nd will be my last day. 
Have a wonderful week!

11 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

I love lobster rolls! Had them when I was in Maine a long long time ago. I that pretty flower a lady's slipper? A nice gesture to help train a replacement. I am sure they appreciate it...well let's hope they do. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Gah! Stop taunting me with stone walls and lady's slippers!! Two of my favorite things. I've never had a lobster roll but it sounds very yummy. Yes, giving them 3 days is very considerate and a good thing...but please draw your line at that. Beautiful weather here as well. Wish I could have enjoyed it more. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

You are most kind to give them another 3 days, though they should have had your replacement there weeks ago. I'm sure 3 days will barely scratch the surface of what you do!!!
It has been a wonderful holiday weekend, but we sure do need some rain.
God Bless America!!!

WoolenSails said...

It is nice to be able to get out again, but then it will get too hot, lol. Love the treasures you found at the dump.

Debbie

kathyinozarks said...

Nice of you to train your replacement, hopefully she will work out and they won't call you back in.
sounds like a nice gathering of family, I have never had a lobster roll but then I have never traveled out east-except as a kid as a family we visited new york perhaps a worlds fair there or in canada-talking '60's haha
we have not had any measureable rain for a couple months now-headed towards hot temps and no rain in the forecast.
Have a good week

yaya said...

This final work week will fly by and it's so nice of you to help the newbie get started! I'm glad your weekend had lovely weather and frankly you had me at lobster rolls! Yum! Don't work too hard this week! Take care Cathy!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lady Slippers! 🥰
I haven't seen them in the wild in over 40 years.
Happy walking!

Bonnie K said...

Don't leave me hanging. What is the book? Glad they found a replacement. Now you can rest easy.

Hill Top Post said...

Easy Days for sure! You are going to love retirement. “ I just couldn’t get out of my own way “ 😉 I have those days! I love the lady’s slippers!

Jeanie said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend. And nice to train the replacement -- those three days will fly by. You will adore retirement. Are those pink lady slippers? Sigh!

Marcia said...

Are those lady slippers in your yard?