Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit


It is said that if you say rabbit, rabbit at the start of a month good luck for the rest of the month. But what if you say it three times? 
Saundra from Woodland Junction is hosting another challenge. 
Since I already hooked the bunny rug, and my grand has it I sat this one out. But if you would like to join, I am sure she would love it, but you will have to hook quickly to catch up. 

 

We had another 4 inches of snow overnight and tonight another 3 is predicted. We turn our clocks ahead next Sunday the 13th.
"Mother nature, we are crying uncle!"

In a previous post I showed my husband's shop. (The outside)
Well, this is what is going on inside this winter. He has blueprints and he builds these trucks all from wood. Each piece is cut and sanded to exact standards. He has most of them sold but he always gives a few away for fund raisers for local people. 

 There is a big fund-raising event planned for this weekend and Husband is talking about donating one for the auction at the event. 


 

I will admit I had moved away from shopping the sales in the past few years.
But I am back! I have always mostly been a scratch cook. Very little processed food is on our list. I have also been trying new recipes. 
I don't know about you, but I feel like I get in such a rut with dinner every night. I have tried a couple of new recipes that are keepers.
Mongolian beef and curry chicken. 
Both recipes can be tweaked to your taste buds and a very good change for us. 
***
My daughter is home this week it is her school vacation.
I called to see how she was and if she was doing anything exciting. She said, "No I am going to wash my floors and think about how thankful I am that I have floors to wash." I am so proud to be her mom. 
And our Sweet B is stitching bunnies like crazy. One of her favorite people at school is the librarian she saves books for B that she knows she would like and puts little notes on them. B took one of her bunnies in to give to her. The librarian cried, B said," I didn't know what to do?" Aww B you made her day!
****
 I will close with this link. It is a young man hiking in Ireland. He may be young, but he has wisdom and kindness I love to listen to.
Each video is about 2 to 3 minutes long. I sit back and close my eyes listening to his brogue and his thoughts. 
Have a wonderful week. 


6 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Aw how sweet of Miss B! Love your dancing bunnies too! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

I have never heard that about saying "rabbit rabbit" at the beginning of a month.... I learn so much from my blog buddies I swear!! Your husband's creations are just incredible!! WOW!!! I know you've shown us some of his things before, but this looks just like Santa's workshop!! Are you sure you don't have an "in" with the big man in the red suit?? 🤔 I have been trying out a few new recipes too...I like recipes that I know someone I trust has already tried and enjoyed... But, seems the other person who I cook for has developed some very picky eating habits of late and nothing seems to please him. Makes me want to give up. I can cook...and, with few exceptions, I have enjoyed the new things I've tried...so I don't really know what to try next. Very discouraging. We have been spared the snow the past week+...a few flurries a couple of days, including today...but I guess we are to get some nasty weather the next several days and over the weekend. It is March in Nod ya know. ~Robin~

Julia said...

I'm not a superstitious person nor have I ever heard of that saying "rabbit, rabbit"
either. How touching the exchange between Miss B. and her teacher. That is so sweet.

Saundra must be seeing dancing bunnies in her dreams with so many bunny rugs coming her way. They are all cute.

I admire your husband's patience with his wooden creations. What a great pastime in his retirement. It must keep him busy while you work. Thanks for sharing this peek into his wood workshop. I'm absolutely amazed at his talent.

I had to say this... Only 17 days to official spring.😀
Hugs,
Julia


Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yikes you have been getting snowed in, Cathy. Our most recent 8-inch snowfall should be gone by the weekend with rain and 60 degrees on Sunday. Your husband's hand-made trucks are wonderful and it's no wonder they are so popular. Quality craftsmanship is worth any cost and nice that he will donate one to the auction.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I never heard about rabbit, rabbit, either. Maybe it is an "east" coast thing.
Hubbies creations are beyond cool!!! What talent.

yaya said...

We've had such a warm beautiful weekend that I feel guilty looking at your snow! However, we're in store for more white stuff this week so I'll just keep the winter coats near and know that Spring will eventually come both our ways! Your hubby is a true artist...like you! What a great workshop! Little Miss B is the sweetest and I would cry too with such thoughtfulness! You are blessed in deed with a lovely daughter and Granddaughter. Have a good week and stay warm friend!