Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Not Much To Blog About.

Well, I started my new rug in a smaller cut than I usually use but I am loving the results. 
I went Monday to hook with my new group. I am enjoying this group so much the knitters are very funny, and this town is amazing.
672 year-round people. They have more going on than any of the other towns around us!

Tuesday, I went to get new glasses. Well yikes hold on to your wallet. But I needed them I got two pairs I hope they make a difference for me.
Tonight, I met a friend for dinner. Her birthday is in a few days, and I haven't seen her in weeks. (I really miss her) I want to do more of that maybe this summer we could take turns at each other's house for a way to save. 
***
I signed up for a hooking retreat in May it is just a long weekend, but I will take anything right now! 
We have had some really nice days. While we still have snow a lot is gone. Makes me itchy for flowers and gardening but snow is in the forecast for tonight. And all next week we are not above freezing. I feel this way every year will spring ever really get here. And then I blink, and we are back to fall. My mother told me that time would go fast when I got older boy was, she ever right. 
Enjoy the rest of your week!






12 comments:

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

What cut is this? Cute springy colours! I’m glad you’re in a good group in a good town. Creative people are a kind and generous lot. Mud season is upon us here

Saundra said...

I used to buy prescription sunglasses and regular no-line bifocals. Now I buy the ones that change color when going outside in the sun then return to regular lens when coming back in the house.
Your new rug has the Domestic Zoo appeal to it but with more delicate critters.

Julia said...

Oh Cathy, I like what you have hooked so far. It's hooked in perfection and the colors are so cheery. It's going to look awesome when completed.

I'm happy for you that you have found a group of people to hook with, in that little town. It sounds like the people of that town are friendly and productive, and care about each other.

Hugs,
Julia

JustGail said...

I'm dreading new glasses. After 2 years of thinking I will, then the vile contagion rears up, so I don't, I really need them. Not only the prescription needs update, my lenses are so scratched :-/

I remember thinking the "old people" were nuts when they talked about how fast time was passing by. At the time, I was little and the end of the school year couldn't come fast enough.

Farm Girl said...

I love that dragonfly, that bee and that wonderful snail. I love those blues. What a cute rug! Is that your design? Did you buy it? It just looks like spring! How nice to live in a town that there is that much rug hooking and knitting. I live in a huge town and I would be hard pressed to find anything. Lots of quilting though. You do have wonderful summers. Then glorious falls. We went from winter for one week missed spring and now we are in full blown summer...for this week. I think it changes next week.
Have a wonderful Thursday.

TheCrankyCrow said...

LOL...my mother told me the same thing...and I think of it so often regretting wishing my time away when I was younger. Your little winged and shelled critters are absolutely delightful!! They make me smile. What gorgeous colors!! Yeah, small cuts do something the larger cuts don't, but I can only do so much of it before I find it tedious...and only so small... Anything below a 6 gives me panic attacks. 😬 We got several more inches of snow the night before last...and everything is white again. No itching going on here...it hasn't gotten nice enough to give me that "bug." ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Tease! I'd love to a picture of the entire pattern. What happy colors. What cut are you using?
How fun you have a new group to be creative with.
Great to hear you are heading off to a retreat in May. I am going to rug camp in West Virginia in May. Something to look forward to!

Prims By The Water said...

How adorable is this rug going to be! Love all of the characters thus far. A small town indeed. We have 1400. Janice

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Such a fun project - I love seeing what other creative people are working on!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The butterfly rug is lovely, Cathy. How nice to have enjoyed a meal out with a friend and neither having to do any prep work. The retreat will be something to look forward to and hopefully the weather will have much improved by that time.

Diane Mars said...

Thanks for stopping by My Blog I'm working on updating to not sure but things with Blogger have changed a bit, my sister carrie is doing the same. We will get this worked out. Your Rug is beautiful nice colors you have chosen.

kathyinozarks said...

Hi I just found your blog-back in the 50s and 60s my Mom hooked allot of rugs-dyed all her wools, cut very fine-yours is lovely Kathy