Wednesday, March 16, 2022

The Best Biscuits

This jar of solar stars was shining brightly last night even though we were cloudy and got yet another dusting of snow.

I finished the rug I was working on and have started a new one.
This is going to be a challenge but fun. 
I also met two wonderful new hookers at a local library for some hooking. Not many rug hookers in our area so it was so nice to be with others and chatting. Looking forward to our weekly gatherings. 

I have made these biscuits again and they came out just as good as the first time. 
Oven 450 baking time 18 to 22 minutes
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
*1 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/2 cup of cold butter cut in small pieces
3/4-1 cup of cold milk or buttermilk.
Add dry ingredients and cut in butter
add milk or buttermilk
DO NOT OVER MIX
Just until it is all mixed.
scoop batter into a greased pan (I used and ice cream scoop)

*If you are using salted butter, use only 1 tsp of salt. If you are using regular table salt add only 1 tsp.  I added cheese so I cut it back a little more. I added about a rounded 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. 
This will make about 12 biscuits I did cut this in half for us as there are only the two of us. 
Let me know how you like them!
PS This is not the time to try to cut the fat. Real butter whole milk or half and half. 

 I will leave you with this. Turn up your volume 30 seconds of peace. Filmed on my walk yesterday. 
Have a wonderful day and may the luck of the Irish be with you this week!



9 comments:

Saundra said...

Listening to a flowing stream is very peaceful. When my first husband and I went surf fishing listening to the waves coming into shore did the same thing for me. I'd lay on the beach lounge and still have my hand on the fishing rod so I could when something hit it.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh...your new rug is going to be beautiful!!! And big!!! So happy you found a couple people to hook with. Always fun and inspiring to hook with others (though I don't get much hooking done...sigh).
Your little is very peaceful indeed.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That is a lovely rug, Cathy, but my attention was also drawn to those biscuits which I plan to try as soon as we have whole milk in the fridge (only 1% now). And the sound of the brook and snow was indeed soothing and peaceful, thanks!

Farm Girl said...

What a beautiful pattern! I have never seen that pattern before. That is going to be so pretty, how nice to find some other hookers. Your biscuits sound and look wonderful. Lovely video. What a beautiful place you live in.

Prims By The Water said...

Thanks for the recipe! Lovely sounds of Spring happening! It was so nice being outside here today with the temp being near 60. Fingers crossed it will stay. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

That rug is going to be amazing!! I love all the little critters! Thanks for sharing the video...I will never tire of that sound. We have a creek that runs below our property here and it has just started melting and flowing. I can sneak out on my bench for a few minutes and listen to it. I cannot see it however unless I go down the road a bit and it runs slower there. Sorry 'bout the snow...we had unbelievable temps today...but I won't rub it in LOL. ~Robin~ (Thanks so much for the recipe!! I'm definitely going to try these and heaven knows I always have 1/2 & 1/2 in my frig... I panic if I don't as that is how I take my coffee....actually, it is more 1/2 & 1/2 with a splash of coffee LOL)

Julia said...

I like listening to the babbling brook video and seeing that amazing rug pattern with so many details but my top interest was on the drop biscuit recipe. I love good food...

Thanks for the recipe. I checked my drop biscuit recipes and one is almost identical to yours but the baking time is only 8 to 12 minutes. I have a convection oven and they bake very fast. The other recipe that I really like uses basically the same dry ingredients except it has 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/3 cup of Canola oil,1 cup shredded cheddar, 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese ( optional). This one is also baked at 450 F. but the baking time is 10 to 12 minutes.

I will try your recipe but will probably add more cheese. I'm a cheese lover. The last time I baked them I cut the cheese into bigger pieces as I was in a hurry but I like it better shredded.

Take care, hugs
Julia

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

That rug screams “JOY.” I look forward to seeing it hooked! I’m a biscuit person so I’ll try them. I always preheat my cast iron whilst mixing biscuits. Yum. And the sounds of spring- wow. I don’t hear peaceful, I hear forceful but gorgeous. The sound of warmth coming!

susan hemann said...

I loved your video! A Zen moment. So peaceful and pretty