Sunday, September 6, 2026

Between Raindrops

Little Kora and I have taken walks daily between the rain showers. Yesterday we got at least 4 miles in. Plus she chased squirrels and chipmunks a lot. She was snoring last night lol.


The trees are starting to turn and all the fall wildflowers are blooming. Golden rod and Jewel weed.


Jewel weed is so pretty and usually grows where poison ivy grows. It is used as an anti-itch for poison ivy 


I made a large batch of sauce with sausage and hamburger, enough for at least 6 meals with leftovers. It was good to use up the tomatoes. 

On my way back from my bone density test I stopped at a new bookstore in town and treated myself. The first few chapters have been very good. 
I got the results from my bone density test. 2 years ago I was just over on osteopenia. This time completely normal. I have started lifting weights and wearing a weighted vest at times. Everything helps.
I hope you are all enjoying the holiday weekend. 

17 comments:

Mari said...

Glad you are enjoying the start of that book. I'll expect a full report. :)
That sauce will be lovely to have, I'm thinking I should do that too. Tomorrow I'm canning salsa.
Good job on the bone density test.

Bonnie K said...

That is awesome that you are lifting weights! I do for the exact same reason. My Dollor chases chipmunks and squirrels too. I wish we had some rain. It is awful dry.

TheCrankyCrow said...

(Not sure what happened to my comment that I tied posting so trying again...) Oooo...lucky you to have rain drops! We are still sorely lacking. When I left Thursday morning, the forecast was for an entire week plus of rain with at least 65%+ chance each day. That changed a day later and we've not had a drop and the only chance given is now on Tuesday (which I'm sure will materialize since that is when the outdoor painting at the lake was to begin. Grrr!) Glad you found the book - please continue to keep us posted about your thoughts on it. The jewelweed (think we call it "touch-me-nots"?) is so pretty, but I don't see it much here for some reason. I suppose that's a good thing since it's so often found by poison ivy. ;-)

Kay G. said...

Oh, I want to read that book too! Watch out for poison ivy and bring on that jewel weed! Isnt it great to have those bags of sauce ready for the freezer? Well done! It is important to lift weights as we age. Good for bones and muscles.

Prims By The Water said...

Our dog has been snoring sometimes too now. Glad you were able to get in a walk with your grand dog. Yesterday I pulled out my soup recipes and am itching for the cooler days to make some now. Your sauce looks wonderful! Janice

Marcia said...

I know you'll enjoy Theo of Golden. The copy gifted to me is going on to my son in law.

Saundra said...

Unfortunately no jewel weed grows near my poison ivy. Wish it did so that would be my warning to stay 5 feet away from it.

Jeanie said...

I hope you enjoy Theo. I really loved it. Well done on your sauce. I plan to get tomatoes at next Friday's market. And isn't the jewel weed pretty? One of my favorites.

Dicky Bird said...

I'm glad your test shows improvement. Keep up the good work.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Please share some of those raindrops with northern Ohio. We have gotten a bit but could use more. This is the greenest August/September I can remember. So much better than brown/crunchy!
I bet Kora is loving all the walks and attention.
Happy Labor Day. So happy we both can just labor at fun stuff!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We are having a cool holiday in terms of temps and also in terms of being home and working on a few projects, mine is sorting through Christmas stuff to donate to local thrift stores now. It's slow going but I have managed to fill a couple of boxes and so will continue. I read Theo of Golden and wondered why it received so much hype, similar to The Correspondent. Both were good reads, but not the best for me. Enjoy your read!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm seeing Jewel Weed in one of the parks we walk at too. So pretty.

Debbie said...

we had a very quiet weekend, it was good for me and what i needed. long walks like that are so good for the soul...and for sleeping. we could use some rain. i am having a little trouble commenting on your blog. not the trouble every one has been having, this has been for a while. when i click on your avatar it does not take me to your blog. in order to get here i have to google your blog, so i have been reading all, but commenting less. i don't know why this is happening or if there is any fix to it. i just wanted to let you know!!

yaya said...

Our trees have started a little to turn and yes the pretty weeds are here too. I remember my sister asking once when she was visiting in the fall what are those flowers? I laughed and said weeds! I read that book! It started a bit slow in the beginning for me but boy, once I got into it I loved it. The ending is amazing. Anyway, enjoy your time with your granddog and have a good week. The rain has come today and my flowers are very happy!

Donna said...

Love the walkies…and that cake! We seriously need the rain…
Happy weekend!
Hugs
Donna 🌷

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I wish I had Kora to chase away the squirrels that come on my lawn daily. It sounds like fall is starting to show up in your area. It's starting go arrive here too in the mountains of northern California. I'm glad you got some rain. That's always a good thing.

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

It all looks so perfect...walks, fall leaves, a new book to enjoy...yes, perfect. Enjoy every minute!