Friday, July 10, 2026

Garden fairy


Free concert on the common. The police dept was offering free hot dogs and burgers. 
My gardens are doing well. But I am afraid by August they will have all gone by.

Hollyhock garden fairy. I had never made one before.


And husband is having an issue with his foot. Not sure he got any answers with his dr appointment. Another one next week 
  *************
We got to meet our daughter and grand for dinner last night a very big treat for us. 
We are off to a family cookout tomorrow thankfully it will be cooler. 
Have a wonderful weekend.

13 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Oh My! I haven't thought about fairies made with Hollyhock flowers for such a very long time!!! I hope you enjoy the cook-out.

Prims By The Water said...

Oh no. Hope hubby's foot gets better. I so love old fashion Hollyhocks. Have fun with your family. Janice

Chatty Crone said...

The pink flowers in your garden are beautiful. I hope your husband's foot gets better.

Rugs and Pugs said...

The hollyhock garden fairy is too sweet!
Hopefully hubby can get some answers to his issue soon.

Chrissy T said...

Prayers for you husband foot!
Oh, that hollyhock is fairy!!!! I love that. I have never seen that.

Jeanie said...

I'm glad the concert was good. I love your fairy!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hollyhock fairies are another reason I absolutely love hollyhocks. Yours is so very beautiful and your hollyhocks look amazingly lush and healthy. (I'm jealous, can you tell? LOL) You certainly keep yourselves busy. Hope that they can figure out what's going on with your husband's foot. :-(

Kathylorraine said...

Your garden flowers are lovely.Hoping your husband's foot heals soon hugs

Dicky Bird said...

Your hollyhocks are beautiful! Hope your husband foot heals soon.

MELODY JACOB said...

That hollyhock garden fairy is absolutely adorable! You did a fantastic job making one for the first time. Free community concerts with complimentary burgers make for the perfect summer evening. I hope your husband gets some real answers about his foot at his next appointment. Getting to see your daughter, plus heading to a family cookout, makes for a wonderful weekend line-up. Enjoy the cooler weather.

Saundra said...

Nice your community has those concerts. Several years ago I grew hollyhocks and loved them. Now the only flowers that grow are the perennials and volunteers.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a wonderful fairy garden with hollyhock flowers, Cathy! We have always enjoyed summertime concerts, but will skip one this week because it will be on a very hot day and there is no shade on the park grounds 😟. Sorry that your husband is laid up with a foot injury and hope he feels better soon. Getting together with family is always a good thing!

Marcia said...

We b on the first floor.oke down and purchased two portable AC units - one for the great room and one for bedroom upstairs. They arrived in time for this next heat wave coming on Tuesday if the forecast is correct. We had company for the last one and everyone was out of sorts in the shut up house trying to keep evening cool temps inside. We finally set up a fan in the cellar to bloom cool air from down there up to the guest bedroom.