Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Still Hot UGG

This was dinner tonight on the porch. I cooked my home-made meatballs in the air fryer this time voila! Made a quick sauce on the stove. They turned out great!
A tried a new wine and it was a good one. 


I kept seeing this cheese on menus at restaurants.
Since we eat at home mostly, I checked it out and found it in my grocery store. Ohh that is a keeper too serve at room temp. We had it tonight
with roasted onions, tomatoes, and garlic with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar on the top with fresh basil.


And we went to concert on the common tonight. What a wonderful band playing tonight. The young fiddler was amazing. (A few seconds of the Devil Went Down to Georgia) A nice free evening. Even the police dept was cooking and giving away free hot dogs and burgers with drinks and chips. A wonderful family event. 
****
I met up with a good friend for dinner and a catch up this week. I also got caught up on some house duties. It has been so humid!
Suppose to be better tomorrow and quick storm came through late afternoon but did not clear it out yet. 
Have a wonderful rest of your week. 

15 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

The concert sounds like fun! Glad you could go even though it was hot. It's been hot here too. Sounds like you had some delicious food this past week. Glad you are having a good summer. See you again soon!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Your food looks delicious.
I will be on the look out for that cheese.

Marie Smith said...

So hot and humid here too. Extended periods of humidity are the new norm here.

Loved that music. Thank you for sharing.

Saundra said...

My son gave me an air fryer for Christmas and it is quite handy.

Boud said...

Bel Goioso(sp) is a nice brand. I like their parmesan blocks, using one right now.

Rugs and Pugs said...

We make a tomato, red onion and fresh mozzarella salad with Italian dressing and salad supreme seasoning. Good summertime recipe. Kind of our version of a caprese salad. Can also add cucumbers or green peppers if you like them. Easy peasy and refreshing.
LOVE the fiddle music ;-)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Easy dinners are favorites in our home as well, and that cheese is one we will look for as well. We often make up a charcuterie board for two and have that for a summer meal with a glass or two of fine, of course. Summer time concerts ae always good.

TheCrankyCrow said...

You're having a charmed summer life, I'd say. Dinner looks delish! Belgioioso is a Wisconsin company so I know it well. They have some amazing cheeses. Thanks for sharing a bit of the fiddle music...he is wonderful! I could listed to a fiddle/violin all night - and sometimes, all day LOL. My grandfather was a fiddler but I never had the honor of listening to him play as he passed when I was just 3. I did play violin for a short while too - wish I would have kept with it. Hope you get some of that cooler weather you're wishing for. We didn't even get to 70ยบ yesterday. It was a bit warmer they said today but could have fooled me. ~Robin~

Chatty Crone said...

Your food looks magnificent.

Prims By The Water said...

You had me at cheese. Love most of them. Dinner on the porch sounded divine. Too dang hot here for us to do that right now. I love that song the fiddler played and how wonderful that the police served the free hot dogs. Janice

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Meatballs in the air fryer – maybe I need to get one! It has been so horribly hot and humid lately – we got a break in the weather today, maybe it’s coming your way. Cool breeze from the north and no humidity. And thank you for the video clip – one of my absolute favorite fiddle pieces – oh how his fingers fly!

Anonymous said...

It was my first time cooking them in the air fryer but they came out great! Yes he was a young guy with that fiddle amazing!.
Cathy
Acorn hollow

Granny Marigold said...

Still hot here too.
I must try that Burrata cheese. It sounds delicious.

Jeanie said...

i just read a recipe for a peach salad using burrata -- I'd never heard of it before. It sounds delicious. You've had a fun and busy time! At our Kevin's wedding, the dj was also a violinist who played that and the crowd went wild, so thanks for the memories.

Debbie said...

oooooh you know how to eat burrata...yum!!! i serve it the same way with toasted bread slices and it is so good!! still hot hear and your food is perfect warm weather food!!