Sunday, January 22, 2023

Wonderful week

I have shown this before, but this is my mother's African violet.
It blooms constantly she has been gone 15 years this year. It always makes me smile all winter.


Sat was a very big day for my grand Sweet B. She was fitted for ballet toe shoes! My daughter said they got the royal treatment fresh muffins and coffee. The owner of the shop, and her teacher on the right. Took their time with her and her best friend to make sure that the fit was just right. So proud of her. When she called, she was so excited!

I made crazy good peanut butter cookies and very simple.
1 cup of peanut butter (I used no sugar added skippy)
1/2 cup of sugar ( I used 1/4 cup of lo carb sugar (monk fruit) 1/4 cup regular sugar)
1 egg
mix and I made tablespoon balls and make the crisscross with a fork 350 for 8 to10 minutes. let them cool. 
So perfect!

My husband bought us tickets to see cirque du Soleil Corteo
The curtains were amazing while we were waiting for the show.

It was amazing and very hard to describe. These are young women doing acrobats on the chandeliers. 

This was a little person harnessed in these big balloons filled with helium she floated all over the audience. 

Angels doing all kinds of things. 

It was based on this man's funeral, and everyone was there.
I would love a funeral like this, but I don't know anyone who could pull off what they did lol. But at the end as he is peddling away, he said to live each day as it comes. So hard to do for me. I am always thinking of the future. 


We have seen the Cirque before, but it was a different story. This had a lot of magic in it. So wonderful and what a thoughtful gift. It was in NH an hour from our house, so we drove right down and right back. Ok we did pick up a takeout pizza on the way home. 

Ok another look at my witch and what the new border will look like.
I really like it better than the triangles. 
***
We are waiting for another snowstorm to come in. We are not going to get that much 3 to 5 inches but the snow we got this week was good. We had two fatalities at two different ski areas before the last snow. One was a 15 year old girl and three days later other 21-year-old young man. The skiing and ice were so bad they lost control and went off the trails. It truly broke my heart just young people doing what young people should be doing being outside and enjoying the fresh air and exercise. Say an extra prayer for their families. 
***
Have a wonderful week. 

16 comments:

Julia said...

The Cirque du Soleil is quite an attraction. I've never gone to one but have seen some acts on Youtube.

I've made the same very easy Peanut Butter cookies from the recipe on the bottle of Kraft Peanut Butter but I used regular sugar. I bet it would also taste good with brown sugar.

Your bittersweet border looks amazing and so much better than the triangles.

We're getting snow here tomorrow. It feels cold and damp this evening.
Stay warm. Hugs.
Julia

Prims By The Water said...

So sorry to hear about the double tragedy. So very sad. It snowed all day today. I only has two customers who ventured out. If it had been me, I would have stayed home. Has not snowed since Christmas day, so we have been lucky. Yay for sweet B on her shoes! Peanut Butter cookies sound so good right now. Janice

Deb J. in Utah said...

So sad about the skiers. We have had a cold, snowy and icy day here as well. That performance you went to looks great. So glad you could go. That is such a sweet picture of your granddaughter in her new ballet shoes. I hope you have a good week.

Saundra said...

My mother had a wonderful green thumb and her African Violet always had amazingly beautiful blooms. Me, not so much.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your Cirque experience sounds and looks amazing! I would love to see one some day...this one sounds like one I would especially enjoy. I will have to try your peanut butter cookies...I'm curious about them with no flour. Your witch is looking fantastic! I, too, love the bittersweet border. Congrats to Miss B on "earning" her ballet toes! How exciting! What a magical moment for her. That was one thing I have always wished I could have done - have ballet lessons. I hope Miss B wears those slippers proudly and knows how lucky she is each and every time she puts them on. Yes, sad about those two young people. Praying you stay safe in the storm. I haven't cleared out from the 7" we got on Wednesday and have been a bit leery of looking at the forecast for the upcoming week. 🙈 ~Robin~

hurdla said...

So sad to loose a child this way. Actually in anyway for sure. Prayers being sent. Your grand daughter is so lucky to love such a wonderful expressive art. The border on your rug looks amazing. What a perfect addition and out with those triangles!

Chatty Crone said...

I am sorry about the two young people.

I have always wanted to go to the Cirque du Soleil. Maybe someday.

So, is your granddaughter a professional dancer?

Keep out of the snow?

kathyinozarks said...

That is so special you still have your Mom's blooming plant. Sad about the young athletes.
what an amazing looking performance your husband chose. and how special your granddaughter getting fitted for her ballet
I do love your new border for the witch hooked rug-hugs thanks for visiting Kathy

Sandi said...

Oh no! I am sorry to hear about the fatalities.

yaya said...

Hi Cathy. Hooray for Miss B! How fun for her and how fun when you get to see her dance in them! I've never been to Cique Du Soliel but it looks fabulous. That's the kind of gift that keeps on giving with wonderful memories to look back on. We got snow yesterday. It was only supposed to be 1-3 inches but we got 6...very pretty but pretty messy for a bit! So sad about the young people skiing. How hard on their families. I hope this other storm isn't too hard. We're suppose to get one on Wednesday and again saying only 1-3in...but I guess we'll see about that! Have a good rest of the week.

Jeanie said...

The Cirque production looks fabulous. How exciting that must be. We're due for snow (the first of the year) on Wednesday -- not sure how much but I hope not a lot!

Hill Top Post said...

It is snowing here, so feeling the need for something sweet, I made your peanut butter cookies and thought they were yummy. I eat gf. Your bittersweet border is perfect for the rug. That's a great picture of Sweet B shopping for shoes.

WoolenSails said...

It looks like you had a busy, but fun week. It is wonderful that Miss B, has so many activities and talents that you can attend and do with her, she is quite the balanced young lady. I like how the border is coming out, really beautiful way to finish that piece.

Debbie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Cirque du Soleil has so many different productions and sure all are fabulous. We have only seen one and it was in Philadelphia a number of years ago, even more special as it was an unexpected gift from friends who also attended.

Congrats to your granddaughter on the ballet shoes and sure you will posting additional updates on her progress.
The peanut butter cookies looked delicious and sure they were enjoyed. We like ours with cold milk.

Sad news about the double fatality that happened enjoying a favorite winter sport.

Our predicted Wed eve snow is supposed to become a rainy Thursday (sigh).

acorn hollow said...

I am very proud of my grand she us one amazing person. I do like the border I am doing on my rug. It's a lot of work though
Thanks for the visit.

acorn hollow said...

Glad you like the cookie quick and easy.
Thank you for the visit
Cathy