Sunday, January 15, 2023

Germs They Are Everywhere!

I am back reading a bit a Louise Penny Inspector Gamache novel.
I have read a lot of these mysteries and had given up for a while for a few historical fictions. I do not read as much as most of you do. 
I prefer to waste my time online. Ugg when I look at how much time I spent online last week it makes me mad. I am so addicted to my phone. I need to make a true effort to set it aside more. 

We do not have a team in the playoffs so I settled in to watch the Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins I thought I would root for the Buffalo Bills they have been through a very tough time with their player being so ill (He is doing so well now and visited the team this week!). But then I heard the story
about Miami's quarterback it tugged at my heartstrings but sadly they lost. He lost his mom at 6 from cancer and his dad drove 15 hours to watch his son play. 

Well husband's turn to be sick so I have been the cleaning woman for the past few days. I stripped beds and sprayed and cleaned everything in sight! While praying it doesn't find me. I am double masking, and my hands are raw from washing and hand sanitizer. 
While putting laundry away I walked by the skylight and see the sun shining off the hills behind us. Sunset tonight was 4:35pm it is slowly getting there, and I appreciate every second of light we gain. 
This week we got a bit of snow and then freezing rain, then rain that froze solid fun times. I got out and sanded everything so we could get out of driveway and at least be able to stand up without falling.
****
A person in a little town in Maine won the big lottery. Our niece lives in that town. I called her and told her how much we love her lol. But sadly, not her. (Or is she just saying that hmmmm ?lol)  
Have a wonderful healthy week!!



13 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

we had a 2 million dollar lottery win in a nearby town from me. don't think the winner has come forward-that would be so fun to win wouldn't it? I don't buy lottery tickets though.
so sorry you have illness at home-good idea to sanitize everything down. I still don't believe the masks do anything unless perhaps the ones doctors use in hospitals.
we do not use smart phones but do use our desk computers through out the day-one can spend too much time on these devices for sure.
Happy Sunday and new week ahead
Kathy

Julia said...

You got a good bargain on that book by the Canadian author. I checked the reviews online and learned that it's a good read but not as good as the other books in the series. I was wondering if you had read other books by the same author.

So sorry hubby is sick and I hope with your excellent care, he'll be good as new in no time. It has turned cold and the side streets are icy but the main roads are bare thank goodness.

Take care, hugs.
Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

You read a lot more than I do!!!
You calling your niece just cracked me up.
Hope hubby is already feeling better. Stay healthy!!!

Chatty Crone said...

So cute how you called your niece.
I sure hope you do not catch your husband's illness.
The sunset capture was gorgeous!

Saundra said...

If I won the lottery I surely wouldn't tell anyone. Otherwise everyone would want a loan. However, surprisingly my son and DIL would have unexpected bills paid.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I have quite a few of the Louise Penny novels, but have only read the first one. I hope your husband is better soon. I also hope that it really was your niece who won the lottery and that she remembers how much you love her! ;-) Have a good week! See you again soon.

WoolenSails said...

I have been spending less time online and usually I do it while watching tv. I leave my phone on the charger, I only use it when we go out. Sorry to hear that your husband is sick, seems like never ending flu's this year. I can't imagine winning that much money, I am happy to be able to pay off our bills on time and have a bit extra when I want to buy something.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

Yes I told Bob if we ever won the lottery we would have relatives we never even knew we had contact us. LOL Am hoping no more germs here and hope your hubby gets better. Janice

Jeanie said...

I hope your husband gets well soon. And yes, reading the Pennys in order is important because of the character arcs. Ah, the lottery. I don't buy tickets but I think if I won the super lotto I'd send a huge chunk of it to Ukraine.

yaya said...

Prayer for your hubby to get well quick and prayers for you to not get sick! Lots of flu and influenza going around here too and I'm also hoping that I can avoid it. We had a little snow last week but again the weather has warmed up. I have friends in Maine and they seem to have the luck of the Irish even though they're Greek so maybe it was them...they haven't let on if it is! Ha! I have 2 books sitting here that I haven't had time to really sit and read. I haven't been reading as much this past year so I need to step up my game I guess! Have a good week and stay safe and healthy!

Hill Top Post said...

If I won the lottery (I don’t buy tickets either) family would be last to know! Ha ha! Hopefully your hubby is on the mend under your excellent care. I think the fight against germs is a losing battle.

acorn hollow said...

The germ fight does seem like a losing battle. Like you we rarely buy lottery tickets.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sorry to know your hubby is sick again...always so worrisome. Prayers he's over it quickly and you escape the germs. We've had ice....then some rain...which turned the top layer of snow that is still on the ground to ice...and tomorrow night we are to get another storm .... possibly 8"?? I'm very ready to call winter done LOL. ~Robin~