Sunday, January 8, 2023

Pure Joy

Finally, we got a bit of snow! Glorious snow!
It snowed all day, but we only got a few slippery inches...

We stopped at the crest of the hill on the way to our daughters for the family Christmas. This is the beautiful Mt Chocorua. This mountain is sheer rock at the top and has a native American legend attached to it. It is beauty in every season. But this is breath taking.


My husband's family is so close and celebrate everything together. I love this family so much. Compared to my family who is pure dysfunction. 

Cousins who make me laugh. Daughter is on the left the other two are sisters. My daughter hosted in her lovely home and did such a wonderful job so proud of her and my son in law. 

My brother-in-law once in a while cleans out old houses. He gifted me this old Santa. Does he know me or what? 
Because I have been on a binge lately of eating all the sweets and the food, I usually don't eat I thought it was time to make a nice big pot of veggie soup. I just used up all the bits and pieces in the veggie drawer and made quite a pot of soup. I will freeze some of it as husband does not like vegetables all that much. 
***
That young football player is doing so well it was quite a week of recovery for him. I wish him continued success to good health.
Our patriots just lost to his team, so we are out, but they were the better team and I hope they go all the way and win the Superbowl
****
Have a wonderful week!



14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like you had a nice Christmas celebration with family The snow can be very beautiful. See you again soon!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ha ha...your perspective of snow is certainly different than mine....perhaps because it is always a bit "overdone" here in Nod LOL. But it seems like yours was perfectly timed for your family Christmas. It looks and sounds like it was a wonderful time. That Santa from your brother-in-law is absolutely AMAZING!!! What a treasure! Lucky, lucky, you. Your soup looks yummy...but I haven't met too many soups I haven't loved. Winter and soup are made for each other. ~Robin~

Chatty Crone said...

I love veggie soup and it is so good for you. I am glad your husband's family is so nice - but aren't all families dysfunctional? I know ours is. ☺

Rugs and Pugs said...

My family puts the "fun" back in dysfunctional, so I can relate...lol!
Happy you finally got to celebrate Christmas.
What a great Santa. Lucky you.
The snow is so pretty, but no need to share ;-)

Donna said...

What a nice family get together. You are lucky to enjoy all this family time. Looks like your daughter did a wonderful job. I too love that view of Mt. Chocolate. Hehe...remember there's lots of family history there.

Prims By The Water said...

Well Seattle won so our Detroit Lions are out now. UGH What a beautiful mountain. Am sure it is more breathtaking in person! Janice

Julia said...

I love the snowy mountain scene. It looks like a Christmas card. It's very pretty but I'm enjoying winter without snow so far.
I'm glad that you had a wonderful Christmas celebration with a loving family. My own family is like that. Everyone hugs and it's probably why I sign out with Hugs in my comment.

I'm glad that your brother gifted you with a Santa that you'll cherish every Christmas.

Take care, Hugs.
Julia

michb said...

Always enjoy your blog, you are so nice and have such a good attitude towards life and are a walking /fitness inspiration..thank you.

hurdla said...

Family time is so special and appreciated, especially as we get older. Our Greenbay are still in, go Packers!!

hurdla said...

Never mind, hubby just said they are out!

acorn hollow said...

Yes they were knocked out on Sinday. Now I root for the Bill's. Family time is wonderful i always tell my daught I need nothing but your time.
Thank you for the visit
Cathy

yaya said...

Such nice pics of your family Christmas! That snow is beautiful and we had some on Christmas but it's all melted now. We're even having a warming tread again this week and may hit 50 on Thursday. Makes me a little nervous as I think we'll get slammed with snow come February! Have a good week Cathy! I too have been trying to get back on track with my better eating habits..hopefully it will help!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love that he gifted you an old Santa. Looks like a wonderful time with great food was had by all. That’s the best. Happy 2023. Cheers, Ivy.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a lovely snow view and sure makes me wish we had some in Nashua, NH, but alas has been rain. The family Christmas gathering looks like fun and the Santa gift looked great. Seeing your vegetable soup reminded me that making a pot for this weekend would be a food idea as more rain is forecast.