Sunday, December 4, 2022

So Much To Tell You

I got to the beach midafternoon. I shopped some on the way down.
I stopped over to see my sweet friend Donna. We may or may not have gone for a drink lol. 
After I got to my friend's beach house, I took a picture of sunset
it is called a solar pillar; it is caused by tiny ice crystals suspended in the air. When the conditions are just right the hexagonal crystals of ice float horizontal and scatter the light that is coming from below and it creates this vertical beam of light. Pretty cool right!


Saturday it rained but it did not dampen our spirits. We headed out early for the day. This is just outside of the little village of Kennebunkport Maine. This was a fishing village now crazy expensive but so beautiful.
Beautiful homes on every
 street. 
This is a tiny sampling of the decorations.

Just beautiful....


 

Not only that there were gingerbread houses with a train going around it.

The detail and work amazing!

So beautiful and so lovely to look at and the store smelled amazing.
We went to a couple of church sales and got some goodies.
This is a hand carved cookie mold It is a little dark on the edges as I just washed it as I have every intention of using it or at least trying. 



I mean where else would you see a full size sock monkey?
At first, I thought it was someone in a costume but nope just a sock monkey. 

We went into a string of little shops that use to be cabins people vacationed in. This one had a beach buggy in it. So, fun it had cane woven seats in it. 


We had craft time we made these with Maine seashells.
fun project.




Well all good things must come to an end. Sunrise this morning was 6:58 so late but it will get later before we start the other way in a few weeks. I was the only person on the beach. It gives you such a different feeling from summer.

And colors oh the colors.
I am very blessed to have friends who are happy to share their beach house.

We truly ate our way through the weekend we started with clam chowder and the food kept coming lol. This is a business sign as we were waiting for our turn to get a morning croissant. This sign is so me. 
So, I will leave you with 30 seconds at the beach. Enjoy and breath deep. 
Have a wonderful week. I would love to hear about your adventures. 






12 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I remember hearing about this lovely little village in Maine when the first President Bush went there with his family years ago. What a lovely place for a getaway with a good friend. The ocean is always a good place to be. I love your pictures. Have a wonderful week!

Saundra said...

You two had one huge fun packed time together. That beam of light was magical and that sock monkey did look like a person was inside. But when I was a dollmaker there were people who would make life like dolls and santas and use pvc pipe as the bone construction and LOTS of fibrefill.

kathyinozarks said...

What a lovely post I really enjoyed it-sounds like a perfect little christmas getaway too-loved visiting shops like that (been a long time I lived near anything like that)-and to visit the beach too-awesome photos and video-hugs

Chatty Crone said...

You did have a great trip. I have never been there. Love the aqua house.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It seems you had a wonderful weekend in Kennebunkport and now it has me thinking of a return visit after the holidays. Thanks for sharing some of the special sights you saw. I have fallen behind in blog commenting but did read several of your previous posts today. Glad that no more birds have crashed into the window. The trip to the ballet wounds like it was a wonderful outing for you, your daughter and granddaughter.

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a fun get-away. Lucky you to have a friend with a beach house. The sound of the ocean is so soothing.

Dicky Bird said...

Oh my, what beautiful homes! I love the video at the end! What a fun time with your friend.

yaya said...

The beach is beautiful in all seasons! Thanks for that last video..very peaceful. Those homes are amazing and I'm wondering how anyone gets to the front door on the yellow one. But you can't deny the beauty of those quaint towns that are now only for the rich, unfortunately. I'm glad you had a fun weekend with a good friend and had a delish croissant! That's my wheel house too! Have a good weekend Cathy! Enjoy the fun of this month!

Jeanie said...

I've only just been through Kennebunkport en route to somewhere else. I wish we'd taken time to explore -- it looks lovely. And especially at the holiday season with those decorations. Those beach photos are real gems -- stunning in fact. I do love that big open water and what a time to see it. It sounds like a fabulous time and I'm so glad you're sharing it with us!

Donna said...

Sounds like a great weekend getaway. We should be visiting the port one night this week.
I'm curious where the gingerbread houses were. Love your crafts.

Prims By The Water said...

An amazing beam pic. Also love those houses decorated and how nice to have friends who have beach homes like you do I know you had fun Janice

WoolenSails said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend and visiting smaller villages at Christmas is always magical.
Love your sunset photo, that is gorgeous.

Debbie