Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Tantrum Over

The rain and wind came, and the heat broke. (For now)
I have been so crabby and out of sorts husband took pity on me (or maybe himself) and took me to Bedrock Gardens in the southern part of the state today. It is a 37-acre parcel that was landscaped over 30 years as a hobby by husband and wife and now is in conservation.

This takes so much work and patience I just love the look. 

There were hidden gardens all over the property. 

And specimen trees everywhere. Trees not native to us. 

The woman of the original gardeners sculps with scrap pieces of iron. Knock, Knock anybody home?

Well, hello! this is made from all found objects. 

She has done lots and lots of bugs all through the property and yes sometimes the bugs do seem that big. (His body is a spring, legs saws, etc.)

We walked around sat in the swings enjoyed the day it took us over 2 hours to just enjoy. 

There are over 200 sculptures throughout the property. 

I was so pleased to meet John Forti while I was there. It really was just a chance meeting, but he was so kind to chat with us and he signed his book for me. 
It you are a gardener and on facebook you really should follow him.
The Heirloom Gardener 
even if gardening is not your thing, he also tells lots of folklore surrounding nature


 

And before we leave the garden, I had to show the beehives they were buzzing too! wrapped in electric fence to keep the bears out. 

We went out to a lovely lunch. I had the shark bite. Really a Cosmo fancied up. I even ate the gummy shark. 
 ****
Well, that was my day. this evening is so cool and crisp I will need a blanket to sleep with isn't that grand!!
Have a wonderful week! 



13 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a great place for a day trip! So glad that you and your husband enjoyed a nice day together. I hope your week goes well. See you again soon!

Saundra said...

Glad you had a wonderful and relaxing trip today. Now you are rejuvenated and ready to tackle tomorrow. Gardens and metal structures sounded really fun.

Julia said...

I'm so glad that your crabbiness is gone. What a wonderful man you got. he's a keeper for sure.
I would have loved to see this garden paradise. It cooled down here too a little. Still, we didn't get the rain and thunder we were so warned about. Everything is so dry.

Have a wonderful tomorrow.
Hugs, Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok....now that sounds like a positively heavenly day (well, add in a visit to the antique store and it'd be near on perfect LOL). That property is AMAZING!! Love the tree fence...and the arbor arch to the garden and fountain beyond...and that tree house! I have a tree that had to be cut down here and always wanted to do something like this with it. Hasn't happened. Seems I'm not allowed near power tools. ;-) I'm glad you have "relaxed"...I think we all get to that place...some of us more frequently than most. The cosmo looks wonderful. One of my favorites. (Well, never had a shark in mine....) ~Robin~

WoolenSails said...

That looks like a wonderful place to visit. I was looking at temps in different areas and noticed the area around lost river was the coolest. I know when we went to Diane's baths, it was so nice and once we got back down, the heat hit us again. We are getting a few cooler days, then the heat kicks in again.

Debbie

Terra said...

Your hubby is such a dear to treat you to the garden visit; the husband and wife who created it were brilliant, I like her sculptures from found metal objects. How good that the garden is preserved and open to the public.

Jeanie said...

I love your outing and well done for your husband to think of this. I've been a little crabby and out of sorts too --I think largely because our summer is so off kilter and unsettled. It will pass.

Prims By The Water said...

So love me a secret garden. My gramma H had one and I loved it! Glad you were able to meet your gardener. We have a small business near here that sells heirloom seeds and plants. They are so passionate about it. Also glad you got the much needed rain. We still are waiting for some. Janice

Hill Top Post said...

My grandfather was a blacksmith and worked with metal all his life. I always wanted to learn to weld but never had the time. Our son is talented in the trade, so he is always willing to tackle jobs I need doing. Sometimes a little crankiness does the trick!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Looks like a wonderful place to spend a day. I love all the garden sculptures!
We had a day or two break from the humidity but it is returning ;-(

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It was so nice of your husband to take you on an outing, Cathy. We have visited Bedrock Gardens and even met John, the husband of the metal sculptor. It was a great place to explore both the plants and the metalwork and we plan to return, but in cooler weather. You drink looks refreshing too!

Farm Girl said...

What a beautiful garden and how fun with all of the sculptures. Isn't it good to get out of town just for a little bit? That shark drink looked yummy. What a cute idea.
I am so glad the weather broke for you.
How wonderful to meet that man, John Forti and have him sign his book. I am going to look for that book and his website. I had never heard of him so he sounds like a nice find.
I hope you have a lovely weekend.

michb said...

I am a very cranky crow when it is hot and sticky...bed at seven thirty ac on..slept til 6am...got taken out for a lobster roll lunch....good men are hard to find..god bless them and come on fall!