Monday, July 11, 2022

Pizza Anyone?

My lavender is still going and going so happy to save some to sniff this winter when the snow flies.

I am reading a very old author. I am really enjoying it. 
I will get back to the Hamilton book at some point. 

I have had some time in the evenings to hook.
I added the moon, the tulip, red star, and the vines to make it my own. Getting down to the wire at this point. I just need to choose a border color. (Sorry I did not want to take it off my frame better picture soon.) 


I need to stay off this computer!!!! I keep buying patterns!
ugg. Ok look how cute he is!

My brother-in-law rented a hunting cabin on 400 acres in Maine. It is owned by a family of Maine Guides. They take hunting parties out in season. (My grandfather use to do that too) It can sleep a lot of people! there is a bunk house that is just bunks up and down the walls where the kids slept. In the main cabin there was sleeping for 10, then there was a game cabin with air hocky, pool, Ping-Pong, fuzzball total teen hang out. So, the family gathered. 

There was also a pond with fishing. (Brother and sister giving it a try)

floating ducks (my grand with her friend and my Neice on the other float)

And docks for jumping off from (cousins)

My daughter in the middle with her two aunts. Uncle on the left and way in the back her dad lol. My brother-in-law brought a suite case filled with very old family pictures. We all went through and took what we wanted 
It was all fun and games they are a very blessed family while not perfect they still try to gather often. Lots of memories. 

On to the pizza dough. I have had several requests for this recipe.
So here goes no fancy equipment needed.
Put 1 3/4 cup of warm water in a bowl 
2 tsp of yeast (I use quick yeast but use what you have)
4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tsp of kosher salt
2 tab of olive oil. 
mix all together the dough will be shaggy
put on a board to knead. they said use a dusting of flour I use a bit of oil on my board.  Knead 4 to 6 minutes until smooth.
cut into 4 equal pieces let rise over night in the frig or freeze which is what I am going to do with the 3 bags on the left. I kept one ball out to use tomorrow. 
You can use the dough right away, but it may not be as stretchy. 



To bake preheat the oven to 450. I put a bit of olive oil in this cast iron pan spread the dough out and top as you wish.
bake 20 to 25 minutes (I check the bottom of the pizza to make sure it is brown and crispy) 
You can use any pan you wish or a pizza stone. 
I use lots of leftovers on the top of a pizza. so much cheaper than buying one. Oh, and do yourself a favor if you think this is for you buy an extra bag of flour for this winter. Not sure what is going to happen there as we will not be getting wheat from Russia and Ukraine. 

Smile for the day.
I do hope your summer is a good one. We have had the most perfect weather! No complaints here. Ok maybe a little more rain.
Have a wonderful week. 

14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Cathy, I made pizza too, what an awesome place to rent-sounds perfect for a large family or friends gathering.
Your rug is looking great, and I am loving your new hooking pattern too. I have been too to do anything except read lately. I finished the author's book before Hamilton this morning-and loved it-so much I didn't know about the family and the time period-anxious to start Hamilton soon
Happy new week hugs from the lake

Jeanie said...

What a terrific post! SO much to love -- new patterns and family things and pizza -- all sorts of fun! I'm so glad you were able to gather with your people again! That looks like such fun. And that lavender! Adore it!

yaya said...

Thanks for the pizza dough recipe. I used to get all the grands together when they were young and have a make your own pizza night. They loved it. I may have to try it now that they're older and see if it's as much fun. I love that owl! We have a pair of owls that have made their home here at the pines for years and I love hearing them call to each other at night. Your family gathering looks like a blast! I'm sure all had a fun time. Maine is still on my to do list of travels. Hopefully soon! We've had pretty nice weather too even with a small sprinkling of hot and humid. So enjoy this summer time..it's going fast!

Saundra said...

Wow, what a wonderful family gathering!!!!!
I will copy and save that pizza crust recipe and only HOPE I still have a cast iron frying pan. At one time I had several but moving I may have disposed of some but sure hope not all.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you could gather with your family at the hunting lodge in Maine. Sounds like it was a good time. Thanks for the pizza recipe. I am always looking for good ideas to use in the kitchen. See you again soon!

Julia said...

What a great post. Lovely lavender, family gathering fun, pizza dough recipe. I have to try that one in my cast iron pan. Wow, you really got a lot done on your rug. It's looking great. I've been so busy in the gardens and I can see the veggies growing before my eyes. Hopefully, I'll be able to do a post soon.

Enjoy the summer.
Hugs, Julia

Hill Top Post said...

What a perfect setting for a family gathering. Your rug is lovely, of course. But, I see nothing wrong with having a new pattern or two around the house. Thanks for the pizza crust recipe.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ahhh...thanks Sweetpea for posting the recipe. I had been successful in pulling it up when you first sent me the link, but didn't copy it or otherwise save it, thinking I could come back to it...no such luck. Must have been a "one-and-done" "free" access LOL. I was glad to read in one of your previous posts that the freezing worked out well as serving size is always an issue here. Your rug is beautiful...I so love the background...and how it makes each motif pop. I don't know why I always gravitate to black or dark backgrounds. Looks like a wonderful family reunion. Love the funny at the end. 😂 I hope your week is off to a good start. ~Robin~

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Summer memories in the making! Love your fam pics. I have to stay off Etsy as I get too much hooking stuff! Thank you much for this pizza dough recipe! I’m gonna make it today!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I am not familiar with Kelli Smith designs, but sure is a cute pattern.
What a fun family get together. How lucky your family likes each other...lol!

Prims By The Water said...

How fun that your family got together! The pizza recipe sounds so easy and yes I am already stocking up on flour. Better safe than sorry. Janice

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The family gathering looks like a fun time for all and especially with that suitcase full of old photos. Also appreciated the posting of the pizza dough recipe, which I will try in our cast iron fry pan. It’s only a 10 inch but enough and possibly no leftovers. I have heard of Dorothy Gilman but never read any of her novels, so may look her up in future.

WoolenSails said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time with the family and perfect weather for the lake. I was trying to find a place for all of us, but too late to get anything good at this point, and at a price I want to pay. Love your rug, that is going to be stunning when done. Tempting me to make more for my house, maybe start with a few table toppers, lots of wool to use up.

Debbie

Claire Q. said...

Very nice summertime pictures of your family & your hooking. In case you're not aware of this...Author Dorothy Gilman has written a series of "Mrs.Pollifax" books. They are wonderful. Thank you for the pizza dough recipe!
Claire Quinn
Mont Tremblant, Quebec, Canada.