Monday, June 13, 2022

Slow Stitching.

It is motorcycle week in our area this week, so it is getting loud and busy. Not my favorite week but they bring a lot of money to the area, and it is one week. (This is about 30 minutes away, but they filter to our area too.)


My old fashion roses are in bloom, and I cannot describe just how lovely they smell. I cut a few every other day just to enjoy them before they are gone. 



Blurry picture of the bluebirds they are hard at work again in another part of the birdhouse. They are just so sweet!

So, these sweet people gathered at the beach for some girl time.
Donna, I have seen but the other two I have not seen in over 2 years. 
We do message each other most days but not the same. 

Lots and lots of food. Donna makes the best bread!!!!! 

And one of us collected a crab family to take home lol

Sunsets and evening walks

We watched the tides come and go...

And saw the spooky moon. There is a full moon coming so the tides were high. And early this morning we woke to a pretty good thunder and lightning storm. 

And all of us rug hookers were learning slow stitching. You draw a pattern of your choosing, and you stitch or embroider it. I had not done it in years and really loved it. I don't know many stitches but that will come, I hope. It was a sweet gift from Dayle, do think she has started a trend among us!?. 
I had to join them a day late because of a family party and go home a day early because finally my broken tooth is being taken care of tomorrow. While short and sweet the visit was so worth it I love these women.
We see each other and maybe two years have passed but we start right in like it was last week we saw each other. I love that more than anything. 
I think I have plenty to write in my blessings journal tonight. 
have a wonderful week.

12 comments:

Saundra said...

Looks like you gals had a wonderful time and only a skipped beat or two since the last time you gathered. But since Donna is such a fantastic bread baker perhaps that is a good distance between visits for the waistline. Think I'd probably fail at that drawn stitchery thing if I had to create my own.

kathyinozarks said...

Good evening, lovely post Cathy bike week would be fun to walk around and see all the bikes.
your roses are beautiful-and so special to have time with good friends. I love slow stitching from time to time. I am gathering supplies to try something new to me-will post about it soon.
enjoy your new week Hugs Kathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well Take 2 on this comment...Halfway through the original, it blinked and was gone. 😡 Anyway.... Tides, moon, girlfriendship...sounds so amazing. Oh yeah...and the bread LOL. I'm glad you could get away and enjoy a reunion with your friends. I will be curious to follow along on your stitching progress. I did a great deal of embroider before before I was married, but have not done it in decades. I've come across several patterns lately, though, that I would like to try. They are done in a simple split stitch so I don't know why I haven't...but probably because there are so many other things stitching/hooking-wise...and, well, I don't really accomplish much these days. Your roses are beautiful. Those grew wonderfully on our farm thanks to my grandmother...wish I had some now. ~Robin~

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like you had a lovely "girls weekend" with your friends. I hope you have a nice week. See you again soon!

Hill Top Post said...

Girl time is time well spent. Slow stitching would be a nice trend. I love your roses, and can almost smell them here.

Julia said...

It's so nice that you can spend some quality time with old friends. Slow stitching, I never heard of slow stitching but I did a lot of embroidry when I was a young girl. I guess naming it slow stitching makes it sound more glorious.

Enjoy your roses, I just wish they lasted longer. You're smart to bring some inside to enjoy all you can.

Wow, that's a lot of bikes.

The bluebirds sure are taking up residence. Soon, you'll be enjoying the new babies.
Enjoy the week.
Hugs, Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

Looks like a great get-away at Donna's. Fun, fun, fun. Creative time is just a bonus.
Hopefully the tooth is all taken care of!!!
I'm sure the rose smells heavenly. I have 3 roses and they are doing better this year than they usually do, but mine are the rather fussy varieties so we don't always play nice.

WoolenSails said...

We usually come up on the backside of the week, so we do run into them and have a harder time getting in, till the day after. Still debating on NH or Maine or just stay home. It looks like you had a nice time in Maine I do love it up there.

Debbie

Jeanie said...

Well, despite the noise you have found a beautiful and peaceful spot -- what a beautiful sky! And all the better with good foods and even better friends!

Farm Girl said...

What a beautiful place to sew. So very pretty, I love that you are enjoying your summer.

Prims By The Water said...

Good luck with your tooth. How fun to meet up with the girls for some stitching fun! We could use some rain now, so very hot. Janice

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I didn't realize that you could hear some of the motorcycles gathering in Laconia, NH, for this event, Cathy. I have certainly heard about it but would have no interest in seeing or worse yet hearing it. We get enough noice from motorcyclists who enjoy making loud noises along main street here in summer months and it's a noise nuisance with outdoor dining too. Your getaway with friends looked like it was a lovely time with good food and memories.