Hollyhocks....
And my shade garden with my witches' boot purchased at a church sale last winter.
*********
Not much got done during the heat. We did watch the movie Tombstone. Kurt Russell was Wyatt Earp. Val kilmer as Doc Holliday was exceptional. I'm not much for westerns, but since it was loosely biographical, I did enjoy it.
********
Have a wonderful week.





11 comments:
I'm so glad that you've gotten a reprieve from the heat and are back in your "comfort zone." And your porch looks all kinds of comfortable indeed. Ahhh...I envy you your hollyhocks. They are one of my favorite flowers. I have planted them many, many, times...sometimes they manage to survive a few years but that's it. And the years they did survive, they usually got eaten up with bugs - especially in humid weather so I'm surprised yours look so healthy and unscathed. I liked Tombstone as well. You're right, the historical connection - albeit loose - made it (and most) movies better.
Love your Witch's boot in your lovely gardens~
A taller version of your enamel table brings back memories of one my parents had when I was a kid. Think that kinder cooler weather is headed my way...I hope.
True about the gardens. The heat is working it's magic - but, not one me...ahaha
I am so envious of your porch! Such a beautiful place to enjoy summer. I, too, am happy the temps have gotten better.
Gardens look lovely!
I love watching the fireflies here too! The heat has also become bearable and we opened the windows once again and gave the air conditioner a break. I so love Hollyhocks. Use to have them at my old house. My gramma had them too. Love these old fashion flowers. Janice
Ahhh the porch looks so relaxing! It’s still in the mid 80s here, 10° cooler than it was last week / absolutely horrid. The flowers are lovely, what’s your secret?!
Porch sitting is the best and we do miss the one we had at our Va home, but it was not screened in so mosquitoes were a constant on summer eves. The heat wave ended today in Nashua, NH, and Tuesday is supposed to bring rain which hopefully will be without any damaging winds.
Oh, what a beautiful porch sitting that is. What all do you have in your shade garden? I have a super shady backyard and I have been looking things that will survive in the shade. I know hostas do.
This heat has been horrid, but we are getting lots of rain and finally cooled down. I love watching the fireflies at night. I saw your weird video light, wondering if something metal or shiny is in the trees that got hit by light, our squirrels are always taking shiny things.
I'm sure you're relieved that the heat has lessened. Your Hollyhocks are pretty. Mine are also blooming but the leaves have that dreaded rust on them.
Post a Comment