Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Well Hello!

So we got more snow on Saturday another 12inches. This is my poor porch and yes I am missing sitting on it. As you can see the snow is over the railing. I am so very sorry about the snow in California just how do you even deal with that??

I did finish one rug slowly but surely. I will start in on my witch very soon. 

When I showed a picture of sweet B this rug was in the background.
It was the 3rd rug I hooked. No label (still not good with that) So if anyone knows who pattern this is let me know.  

Remember this picture of my rug room? And someone wanted to know what was behind the chair.....

It is not pretty but it is my closet of bins of smaller pieces of wool.
And now you know everything lol.

I am going to take a break from hooking just a bit ok maybe longer. I have had this pattern for a few years, and it scares the bejeepers out of me just the list of fabric yikes. But I am brave I will soldier on.
For my very glamours job I get to go to the recycling center once a week. I stumbled on a stack of magazine!! Wo yes! I will read them, my daughter will read them, and then her close friend will read them, and she will pass them on. There is nothing like a shiny magazine and a steaming cup of tea! Right Kathy S?
Now before you think I dug them out of a dumpster think again they have a lovely bookcase you put your unwanted books and magazines on for others to take. Yes please!
****
After shoveling and eating dinner Saturday I felt very tired just out of sort. Well holy moly I was down for the count for 48 hours I was so sick and felt so beat up. The second day I knew I didn't have covid
but I truly thought I had the full flu so off to the doctor to hopefully get meds nope not the flu. Some very nasty virus. I never ran a fever, but I ached from my hair to my toenails. My poor husband did not know what to do He just kept saying" drink please drink". He was bringing me anything he thought I would drink. I just wanted to roll up in a quilt and die! I have not been that sick in a very long time. But I am better just tired I think I need an extra day home.

I cannot believe I would tell my mother I can't wait to be older.
She would shrug and said it's not as much fun as you think.
She was right but sometimes it is really fun!

13 comments:

Saundra said...

I have that same Settler's Pride pattern by Maggie B. and inquired if I could hook segments from that and received permission. One day will hook that cabin too.
Sorry you were ill and oh my gosh, your mother was right.
Glad you have all those great magazines to peruse while you're under the weather. Get better soon so you can share your handiwork.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers you feel better
Too many folks seem to be getting a virus. I'm guessing it is what the world is now.
Beautiful rug!

kathyinozarks said...

Wow you ended up with allot of snow-again here nope but cold and rain-better than snow or ice.
sometimes we need a break from our favorite crafts and do something different for a bit.
sorry you got so ill, hoping you will feel much better soon
hugs from the lake

Deb J. in Utah said...

Good to see you back in blogland. I am so sorry that you got so sick, but glad to hear that you are on the mend. Those magazines look fun. I like to look at magazines too. You have a lot of snow, as do we. Honestly, I am more than ready for spring. Stay well. See you again soon!

Julia said...

So sorry you've been so sick. I hope you are starting to feel stronger again. With spring being just 13 days away, I hope you won't have to shovel snow for too long. Your nature rug looks beautiful. You have lots of wool. I was given a tall plastic tower of drawers and I've been storing my small pieces in there. I don't have as much wool as you. I got overwhelmed and I gave a lot of it away but slowly I'm getting some from hook-in giveaways.

Take it easy and get better.
Hugs,
Julia

Sue in Suffolk said...

Sounds like a very nasty virus. Hope it is well and truly gone now

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sorry to read you were feeling so sick, but good you went to get a medical opinion. Sometimes, it seems our body just wants us to slow down a bit but too bad that comes with such a nasty feeling. Yes, my mother also cautioned against getting old, but then the alternative isn’t good. Hope you are feeling better now, Cathy. Our recent snow was not as deep as in your area.

Chatty Crone said...

I love that cartoon - totally right on. I did not like the fact you were so sick. I am so sorry. Glad you are doing better. I have never seen a rug room - that is awesome!

yaya said...

The snow is truly a mess this year. I know in your neck of the woods you are prepared for it and have had many bad winters. This does not mean you love it but the folks in California are truly not prepared for something like this. I'm glad my son moved home last fall from there! Anyway, you sure had me at MAGAZINES!! Yes, you know I'm a magazinaholic. I always try to get mine either with a subscription or at Sam's Club. Sam's magazines are discounted but they have discontinued them! So sad! At this very moment I have 3 that I'm going through again before I pass them on. I'm glad you're over that nasty virus. Sounds awful. Stay safe and warm and hopefully the snow will play out and Spring will arrive in a few weeks. Take care Cathy!

Rugs and Pugs said...

So sorry to hear you were so sick. I had a "bug" but was only bad for one day and slept most of it. Happy you are better.
I have that same Maggie pattern. I don't think I will ever get around to it...sigh.
That is a lot of snow. Hopefully it will begin to melt soon!!!

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Look at that SNOW - I am completely jealous! I know, it makes getting around difficult and if the power goes out it's a nightmare, but I am so wanting snow...we had hardly any, not my kind of winter. I think secretly I'd like to be snowed in! How did I miss your recent post - the chicken potatoes & carrots sounds so good, and popovers look wonderful - I've always wanted to try making them, could you share your recipe? Can I make them in a muffin tin? And the Tasha Tudor art, I've loved her for years...yes, kindred spirits, would love having you as a neighbor, so enjoyed catching up with what you've been doing! Mary

Prims By The Water said...

Not good to be sick. Glad you are feeling better. I think I have that pattern stashed somewhere myself. I wanted to stitch it on black linen and could not find any at the time so I hid it away. I see you have lots of red wool. I have a friend who we share magazines with. When I am done, I give them to my mom for her to give to the adult care home. They love them too! Janice

Dicky Bird said...

Those rugs!!! Amazing! I have wool envy! Sorry you were sick! Glad you are on the mends. That comic...yes, I get it! Have a nice weekend.