Sunday, March 19, 2023

WE made It!

We started out in Central NH for Siesta Key Florida. We drove a pick up truck down for a friend. We are flying home. The first day of our trip about 7 hours. Just quick stops for fuel and food. I had no idea about the trucking in this leg of the trip! All highway all trucks all the time! Exhausting! We both were amazed at the giant ware houses and huge truck stops! We lead a very sheltered life.  (this cab was being towed) our first stop Maryland. We grabbed a sandwich and fell into bed.

The second day we went through the blue ridge mts. But of course they were fogged in so not much to see. The trucking route thinned out a bit. So much construction! Georgia for miles and miles. Driving between barriers with trucks exhausting!can you tell still not fun lol. Stopped jut outside of Savana. St Patrick's day is huge there. Very festive feeling. Ordered a pizza fell into bed. 


On to Florida! 75 the back ups for north were miles and miles. The same thing happened on 95 North. I felt bad for those going in that direction. And then on 75 we pick up a rock from a passing car yup a broken windshield ugg. 

We made Siesta Key about 2:30 on the 3rd day. It was warm and lovely. And just what we needed. Friends met us with hugs and drinks ahhhh!

We are here for a couple of weeks (husband's glasses) great R and R! Driving is not for either of us I guess we have no adventure left in these bones. I will take the easy route. But we are both glad we had the opportunity to to it this way. 
Have a wonderful week!

15 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad you had a safe drive. Looks like a nice spring getaway for you. Enjoy!

Julia said...

I'm glad you made the trip to Florida safe and sound. It's a long drive. We drove from Fredericton New Brunswick to Biscayne Beach Florida in 1966, but we were young and the traffic wasn't as congested as now. Enjoy your little vacation.
Hugs,
Julia

kathyinozarks said...

Glad you made it to your destination safely-sounds like a rough drive. enjoy your vacation

TheCrankyCrow said...

Lucky, lucky, you!!!! How I would treasure the feel of a warm breeze and sand between my toes! But, nah on the driving part. I wouldn't be able to get out of the truck by the time we got to the first rest stop. I hope you enjoy every minute of it. What fun! ~Robin~

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Congratulations On a Safe Arrival! Great photos. Have a Wonderful Vacation.
Sunscreen.

Chatty Crone said...

I hope you have a great - sunny - warm time. I bet you drove I75 through Atlanta and went right past us!

Marcia said...

Enjoy Siesta Key. We visited there not too many years ago. has it recovered from hurricane last year?

yaya said...

Sunshine, no snow, relaxation after a tiring trip, sand, ocean, great views, good food, friends...did I miss anything? Have a great couple of weeks and I'm sure lots of great posts to come! Take care Cathy, stay safe!

Dicky Bird said...

Enjoy the nice weather and your time with R&R

Hena Tayeb said...

An adventure for sure. At least you got some sun and RNR at the end of it.

Rugs and Pugs said...

So happy you made it safe and sound.
Enjoy every second of it and send some warmth north ;-)

Prims By The Water said...

I HATE the big rigs on I-75 here in Michigan...and when driving down to Florida at times we saw them are everywhere. I had a feeling you were headed to Florida. Hope you have a fun and relaxing vacation! Drive safe back and have FUN!!! Janice

Mary, Windy Meadows Farm said...

Glad you made it - now for some R&R!

Oh a truck pulling a truck...I remember dozing off once (as the passenger, NOT driver!) and seeing that through blurry eyes, very scary, it took me a second to realize it was being pulled facing us and not in our lane coming forward. (Is it any wonder I take the back roads all the time now?!) Have fun and unwind! Mary

hurdla said...

Sometimes our spirits just need an adventure, if only to let us know that we already travel in a lane we like the best as it is! So happy you’ll be enjoying the lovely warmer weather and sunshine for a while. Although it’s been nice and sunny up here for the past couple days too. Enjoy!

acorn hollow said...

I think you are correct. While I am loving the warm sun and sea breezes. I still think home is best for me. Sniw,rain,mud,and all.
Cathy