Sunday, August 14, 2022

GLO-RI-OUS!

Thursday night after I work, I headed for Maine and to my sweet friend's lovely beach house. It was the sturgeon super moon. We walked the beach and took pictures. We haven't seen each other much at all this summer. I have missed her. 
Sat morning up and out on the beach early for sunrise. 
It did not disappoint. It was so beautiful, 

We went out and about late morning shopping and walking. 
This is Perkins Cove Ogunquit. Such a sweet little village. 

We ate lobster rolls and walked around looking in the shops. 

 
At the end of the day, we walked the beach and watched the sun go down. We ate great food, put the music up loud and dance around the kitchen. I am so blessed to have wonderful friends my friend CW and I have been friends for 30 years. May we have 30 more!



When I got home the berries were loaded and so were my tomatoes 
It is so relaxing to wander the garden and pick. 

As of Friday, the weather has been glorious. So glad that horrid humidity is gone! I baked a spinach, ricotta, bacon quiche. It was completely delicious!  

And well if you are going to have the oven on and make a crust.
you might as well make a blueberry tart. yummy. 
No sign of the bear for few days. Hopefully he has gone on to the woods where he belongs. 
****
Have a wonderful week!


15 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow those pictures from your trip to Maine are beautiful! So glad you have a good friend who you enjoy getting together with and that you were able to spend time together at her beach house. Those berries look so delicious. So glad you haven't had any bear encounters lately. I hope you have a wonderful week. It's always good to hear what is going on in your world. See you again soon!

Julia said...

Oh wow! Your sky photos are amazingly beautiful. So you lived the good life for a few days with your old-time friend and I'm so glad for you. I had a lobster roll when I went to my hometown last week. So delicious.
You are tempting me with your quiche and blueberry tart. I hope the bears stay away for good.
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

WOW! The sunset and the sunrise would be perfect hooked rugs specimens. Must admit if I were near that quiche it wouldn't have been there for me to take a photo of. Glad you enjoyed your time away and with your friend.

kathyinozarks said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with your dear friend. Gorgeous moon-our full moon this time is behind allot of large tree limbs but I do see the reflection in the water.
your food looks delicious-Happy new week and glad the bear is back in his woods hugs Kathy

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your get together with your friend in Maine sounded and looked wonderful, Cathy. Yes, it is great to have long standing friendships. Glad there has not been any bear sightings or re-visits to your home. The food looked delicious, especially the blackberry tart😋

Donna said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend and surely well deserved.

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a fun weekend. May you and your friend be blessed with many more years of get togethers!!! What beautiful pics over the ocean.
Blackberries. YUM! My favorite.

Farm Girl said...

That is just a beautiful view! I really like the yummy food you made this weekend. I think its so nice you got to spend that time with your friend. So glad the humidity is gone.

Jeanie said...

This looks like such a fun time. And so good to be with a friend. I loved that moon but I can't imagine a better viewing spot than Maine. And I'm wildly impressed with your harvest!

Marcia said...

Lovely moon, sunrise and sunset photos. We got to see those too at Lake Ontario last week.

TheCrankyCrow said...

That sounds like a perfectly wonderful girlfriend weekend...yay you! That sky (and your photos) are stunning! I especially love the one of the sunrise (maybe because I never see it??? 😂) I love a good quiche and yours looks amazing. I hope your wonderful berries don't lure your bearfriend back. 🐻😬 Have a good new week and enjoy your pleasant weather. We've been a little more chilly than I would like this past week. ~Robin~ (Cute cartoon!)

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Yum blueberry tart. Yum quiche. Yum Maine!

Prims By The Water said...

What a wonderful perfect weekend you had! So glad the bear has not returned too. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Janice

yaya said...

What a dream time in Maine! I love all your pics. That sunrise is stunning! It sounds like a ton of fun with a good friend. Just the thought of lobster rolls has me jealous! Our weather is the same as yours and I love to cook and bake when it's cool out. I hate the humidity and so thankful for this break. My garden is doing well and the tomatoes have been so good to pick and eat! Have a good week Cathy!

Lady Locust said...

So glad you had a fun time. That moon sure was beautiful. And yum, yum, and yum. All that food looks delicious.