Sunday, August 7, 2022

Animals!

This describes our house perfectly. Last night I thought I heard something on the porch I look and husband is up and in the kitchen. 
He has a horrid habit of having bowl of cereal during the night at times. So, I thought the noise I heard was him and went back to bed. 

No, the bear made it onto the porch! Because there is no food left out he didn't do much except rip open a bag of charcoal. Because fish and game are not available on weekends ??? we called the police, and they will contact the fish and game. This bear has been in one house at least 2 times (second time her fault) another neighbor said he pushed the door open she caught it and slammed it. They were just sitting down to dinner. and there are countless other stories about his escapades! fish and game will try to live trap him and move him out of the area. I guess he is not afraid of people either! Never good.
34 years here never a problem. We always had bear around, but they never tried to get in the house.   

Sitting on the porch I look up and what the heck? Red fox with my deer off canister in his mouth? 

Here he is spying on the birds in the bird bath. 
There will be no birds eaten here thank you very much. 


This is what the bear walked by to get to our porch. Not a very smart bear. 
****
This a passage from Tuck everlasting 
author Natalie Babbit
it describes this week in august perfectly. 
We have been so hot and humid I am so looking forward to fall.


I had a birthday last week a friend from work walked in with a huge bouquet! I made 3 different bouquets and put them through the house really made my day. I also got phone calls, cards, texts, and facebook messages. It is so nice to be remembered. And if the stars align, I will get a wonderful weekend in Maine at the beach starting Friday! 
Have a wonderful week!

11 comments:

Saundra said...

Beautiful flowers and happy birthday. Will your hubby be joining you on the trip? If not tell him to not venture outside at night!

yaya said...

Wow! That's scary and I hope he didn't do too much damage to your beautiful porch! I hope they can move him or her to a new area. I would think with a lake right there bears would have a good food source. However, people have made it easy for Yogi to raid garbage and get human food. I know you are well seasoned with what to do to keep them away so hopefully this is just a fluke and you can go through 34 more years bear free! I would love a trip to Maine so have fun there! Our temps are dropping this week and giving us a reprieve from that August heat and humidity. I'm looking forward to that! So have a good week, Happy belated birthday my blog friend!

Julia said...

That bear sure is persistent. I hope that the rangers can live-trap him. He may not be alone. I don't like what he did with the screen door. Naughty bear.

Happy Belated Birthday. Yes, it's nice to be remembered. I used to remember birthdays but lately, I get so busy that I sometimes forget.

Have a great week and enjoy the bouquets and your trip to the beach.
Hugs,
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

HAPPY, HAPPY, BIRTHDAY!!! I hope, by now, you are off in Maine celebrating in style. How fun! EEEEEK!!! Ok...that bear needs to find a new hangout.... Scary stuff that. But, dang, that fox is adorable LOL. Sorry...sorry...I know. But STINKIN' CUTE I say. When I first saw the photo before reading what you wrote I thought you had gotten a dog. 😬 Yes....that quote is spot-on PERFECT...in every way. I don't think I will be able to think about August without thinking of ferris wheels (and the rest). And what a coincidence - our county fair is always held the first week of August and one can't help but think of ferris wheels when one thinks of a county fair. (I am assuming they still have the ferris wheel there as I have not gone to it in years. ☹️) Have fun doing whatever it is you're doing!! ~Robin~

Hill Top Post said...

Hopefully, the bear can be relocated far away from people. I am beginning to see changes that mean we are already heading downward from the top of summer.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, that's pretty close to the house for the bear-a bit scary too. sadly some people feed them which is a very bad idea.
so glad you enjoyed your birthday-and flowers are the best-hugs Kathy

Farm Girl said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful beach trip in Maine. Scary about the bear. I wonder does this mean it might be cold winter? I have been reading the Farmers Almanac and I wonder if that is a sign. That fox didn't act very afraid either. I love Tuck Everlasting. I was in a reading group and I put three glasses on the table and we talked about would you drink the water that would make you live forever? It was really an interesting thing to talk about. No one wanted the water that made you live forever. Have a wonderful week.

Jeanie said...

that would be a total freak out to be slamming the door on the bear! He seems to like your neighborhood! I do love the fox -- I might feel edgy if I had small animals outside but they are beautiful animals. Be careful out there -- and happy Belated Birthday!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I hope it was the best one ever.
May your stars align and you will be heading to Maine soon. Heading up to Donna's? If you see her, please tell her she needs to get back to blogging...lol!
So scary about the bear!!! Did the deer off cannister work to deter them before the fox stole it?
Safe travels.

Prims By The Water said...

Happy belated birthday and many more! Whew very scary having the bear invade you again. Hope it is caught soon. We had a red fox run through our yard once. Turkeys and deer and a coyote hurt my neighbors dogs this year, but thankfully no bears in our area. Janice

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy belated Happy Birthday wishes to you, Cathy, and what a wonderful way to enjoy those lovely blooms throughout your home. YIKES ! on that returning bear and certainly hope that he is trapped and relocated away from your neighborhood. Nice capture of Mr. Fox and hope he moves on as well.