Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Looking For A Slightly Used Ark..

Another week has come and gone and it rained most of it.
in the 13 days of July we have had rain at least 11 of them. And if it wasn't raining it was overcast. We had the fireplace going at one point again!
Well, between the rain drops we went on a garden walk, a fund raiser for the local garden club. 
What A back drop for gardens!
This lily was as tall as me! Just beautiful. 


The gardens were very extensive this was just one hedge area.

But also geared to her grandchildren. This bear waits in a little clearing where zip lining kids come down.

this very bad picture was of the entrance to the fairy gardens. Grownups have to bend down to enter and then among the trees are lots and lots of fairy house!!

I didn't get a lot of good pictures but they took old tree stumps and pulled them from the ground and tipped them every which way so that the roots made little spaces for the fairies to live. Just darling I could of look around in there for hours.





When you got to the day lilies there was a maze that you followed that took you to a very special play house.
And all around this play house were magical trees! Trees that were taken roots and all and turned upside down and painted purple! 
There was also a pirates garden but there were so many people there I didn't get any really good pictures. It is always nice to see how the other half lives.... Pretty great I think
****


I walked down the road to the farm for some eggs and saw "NO Eggs" sign on his door. Well the farmer was just coming out of the house and said "Can you wait a minute?" Why yes I can! He came back from the barn with a dozen of eggs still warm from the chicken's butt! I call that fresh. I thanked him profusely and headed back home.

To bake some cookies that was requested from a long time friend who is going through a rough patch right now. I boxed them up and sent them. I hope they bring a little joy in all his sadness.

I had time to pull some loops 
We also hosted drinks and appetizers on the porch with some friends. We waited patiently for the fireflies but of course it rained so only a few showed up. It was still a wonderful evening with some good laughs and conversation.

My daughter and family had to say good bye to Broguen this week.
He was an old kitty and he died his way, on his time.
I feel so bad for my Son-in-Law he had that cat before he started dating my daughter. We always joked about a bachelor living with a cat but when you love a pet that long it is a hard loss. 
****
 We have more rain predicted for the rest of the week, while I don't like the extreme heat there has to be a happy medium some where.
Have a wonderful week!

12 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh that garden tour looks wonderful!! Is that all on one property? Here the garden walks involve driving from one garden to the next and I have never made time to do it when they did have them. Have not heard of any in recent years though. I love, love, love the fairy garden!! Miss B must have loved that!!! (if she was with!) I laughed at the purple trees. I thought they were posts with osprey nests....we have many of those in these parts but they are always high up so I thought these odds LOL. You scored on the eggs....nothing beat fresh from the hen's butt eggs...and brown eggs no less! And I think your friend scored on the cookies...they look sooo good. Condolences to your son-in-law...and the rest of the family...on the passing of Broguen.... He was a beautiful kitty. I remember when I lost my kitty Trouble... He was 21 and had been with me longer than I had been with my husband at that time. So, I understand. If you come across any arks, please do share. We had 9" in just over 2 weeks....although I think it was more...and "heavy rains" are in the forecast again for tomorrow. I did not have the nerve to look beyond tomorrow. (Why are they always right about bad weather, but not so much on the good weather forecasts???) ~Robin~

Julia said...

Sorry about all the rain but it looks like you made the most of it despite the soggy weather. Your cookies look yummy, I'm sure your friend felt your caring kindness. We've had our fair share of rain too. I'm glad that you enjoyed the garden and fairy tour.

Your rug is looking fantastic. I just love those earthy colors.

The deers have been eating the buds of my tall giant lilies and I'm not impressed. They've eaten many of the tops of my flowers all around the place. Every morning I see their footprints in the gardens and the damage they leave behind.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Julia

Hill Top Post said...

Your new rug is perfect for acorn hollow! It’s going to be a beauty. What a fun garden tour. Fairy and pirate gardens!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those cookies look delicious! That is so nice of you to make them for your friend. We desperately need some of that rain you are getting out here in the West. I love the garden pictures. So sorry for the loss of your "grand kitty." It is always hard to lose a beloved pet.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those fresh eggs were certainly a nice surprise and sure the cookies for your friend tasted better too. We have had a week of rain here in RI as well where we are visiting family.

Saundra said...

I know your rain pain all too well. such a cool garden and love those purple trees ~ think that would make a great hooked rug idea. What I can see of your rug looks wonderfully hooked, as usual. Did B make that trip with you thru that garden and do the zip line?

Olde Dame Holly Rose said...

Oh, how sad when a beloved pet passes on, especially for young people. It's like it takes a piece of their childhood and youth with it, changes it forever. I think you have discovered a slogan that farmer should paint on a sign: "Eggs -- Fresh from the Chicken's Butt." That was some fancy place you toured!

Rugs and Pugs said...

That garden tour looks amazing!!! Those upside down trees were just too cool ;) I am sure all the plants are loving the rain. We have not gotten nearly what you have gotten, but it is so nice to still be green in mid July. Usually by now we are turning an ugly shade of brown.
Those are some seriously fresh eggs. In the last couple of years I have gotten Fritz to appreciate farm eggs that have not been laid forever ago.
Hugs to your son-in-law. It is not easy losing a family member of the 4 legged variety.

WoolenSails said...

It has been rainy and overcast a lot, but that keeps the crowds off of the beach, so nice for me.
That looks like a fun place to visit, definitely a great kids place.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

What a lovely place! I would love to see rain like that someday.
Your hooking looks wonderful.
How I miss fresh eggs! Just not the chickens.
I just love how green everything is in your pictures.
I hope this has been a great week.

Prims By The Water said...

Oh I need an ark too...and the mosquitos are just horrible now. How nice to get fresh eggs. Do I spot an acorn in that latest rug of yours? How nice for you to make cookies for someone to share. Am sure they were gobbled p quickly. Janice

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Saturday we were staying in central Ma. in our rv when rain storm went thru. It’s the hardest rains we’ve ever seen - and we’ve been thru some! The planet is broken.