Sunday, January 17, 2021

Herb Angel

There is a pretty important birthday in our family today..

My sweet aunt is 97 today. She walks right along no cane,no walker.
She has been tucked away in her home so I have not seen her in awhile but I have called her and sent her pop up cards, she just loves them.  When I was growing up I was the oldest of 4 kids, and there was not a lot of money to go around. She was very good to me, bought my first barbie doll and paid for an art class for me and the list would go on and on. She has my heart for sure. She is my mother's oldest sister. (my mom passed 12 year ago) She sits and crochets her day away. 

I was up and out very early this morning to pick up the few groceries we needed. I decided to pick up a few tulips to brighten up the kitchen.


Sat morning we had a couple of inches of snow and then the rain came! Lots of rain! The snow soaked up all the rain and weighted a ton! We lost this large limb off a white pine.

Luckily it fell just right didn't take any wires with it and it was on the edge of our property so it didn't hit any buildings but did take out a few small trees on the way down.

So it will stay there until spring and then it will get cleaned up. 

Husband has been working so hard on my rug hooking room.
The wall of cork is up! and we found out we have enough to do the wall showing on the right. It is a small space since the closet doors are there. But more display room!

The floor is in!

And a couple of the built ins are in!

I am so excited there is still work to do before I can move in.
But it is looking great!

I have started a new pattern Herb Angle by Lori Brechlin .
I am enjoying this rug so much. The details have been fun.
I have got to stay off the computer I keep ordering patterns I have another one on the way. A big stretch for me we shall see!

We are tucked in and watching football (yes I love it) come on Saints! 
***
Husband and I have both had our first vaccine no issues at all.
and we have an appointment for our second one in Feb. 
I am anxious to get on with our life. I know we will have still have to be careful, but the fear we have had about my husband getting this will hopefully subside.
Have a wonderful healthy week!

14 comments:

Saundra said...

You are a rug hooking wonder!!!!!! Obviously I'm a slacker and will need to pick up the pace. Wow, your Aunt looks amazing and she is who I want to be when I grow up. Looking forward to the finish of your hooking room as I'm sure you are.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That room is going to be so nice. You will sure enjoy having a whole room devoted to your rug hooking. I got my first Covid vaccine on Friday and all is well. Made my arm sore, and I was tired for a couple of hours. Hope you have a good week and I will see you again soon.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy birthday to your dear aunt!!! May she enjoy continued health.
Herb Angel will be so sweet. You are the crazy hooking lady. I think you are surpassing Saundra.
Congrats on getting your first shot of the vaccine. I'm sure it will give you peace of mind.
I know my son is disappointed that the Browns lost today, but he says he's very proud of them. They came a long way this season!!!

moosecraft said...

Congrats on getting your first dose! At first I was nervous about the vaccine, but now I am looking forward to getting one. Long wait in my area. I'm enjoying seeing the progress in your new creative space! Happy Birthday to your Aunt! She shares her special day with Betty White (99)! :-)

Julia said...

I can feel the excitement in your post. Wow!, another rug on the way. You are a prolific rug hooker. Your hooking room is looking great. Your aunt is looking wonderful. Happy Belated Birthday to her. She's a good model for you to follow.

We got a lot of rain instead of snow but it wasn't as heavy as announced. They always exaggerate everything in the news to increase our anxiety it seems.

Take care and keep enjoying yourself.
Hugs, Julia

Nellie said...

Great news that you and your husband have had your first vaccine! We expect to go for ours tomorrow! We’re in that 75+ category for sure! How wonderful that your aunt is celebrating a birthday! Happy birthday wishes to her!

Jennie in GA said...

Wow!! Your aunt is amazing. And how blessed were you to have her love. Your room is looking great and I know you can barely wait to move in!

Hill Top Post said...

Your new room is looking so good. I know you are going to love the new lighting. I am looking forward to seeing it when you get moved in. Happy Birthday to your aunt. She is a real inspiration.

Prims By The Water said...

What an amazing lady and happy birthday to her! Your room us looking good. I know you cannot wait to get in there and fill it up! Pretty tulips too! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

How sweet your aunt looks and sounds. Happy Birthday to her!! "Your" room just gets better and better.... Love the flooring...and am so jealous of the awesome built-ins. Can you send your hubby my way when he is done there????? ;-) Love your herb angel...and I agree with my twin...you're a crazy hooking lady! Pretty soon you're going to need a "hooking house" to showcase your creations rather than just a cork wall or two LOL. Hope your Monday was good to you. ~Robin~

Olde Dame Holly said...

We are waiting for the vaccine. I am so worried for my husband; he is 86 and frail. There is no rhyme or reason here as to the vaccine; healthy young people are getting it but the vulnerable are not. Your aunt is amazing!

WoolenSails said...

Your aunt looks wonderful for her age, and nice that you can keep in touch, even if not in person.
Your room is looking great, I am sure you will love having your own space to work in.

Debbie

yaya said...

Your room is looking great! I will look forward to seeing the finished room as I'm sure you are too! I hope to redo the computer room to use as my photography display room. I think it's great to have a "me" space now that the kids are all gone and it's just hubby and me. We're going to make a space for him in the finished basement. It's bigger and he needs it! Anyway, we got snow last night so I'll be out in it today. I won't get 4 miles in but it will be nice to enjoy the sun amongst the snow! Take care and I'm glad you got your shot. We get ours after February 8th.

Buttercup said...

Happy, happy birthday to your aunt. I think I need a bouquet of tulips to cheer up the depth of winter. We've got snow forecast for tomorrow, so I don't expect to get out, but as soon as I'm out, tulips will be coming home with me. Take care!