Sunday, August 30, 2020

Washing The World Away..

I think this sculpture in a local park says it all.

On Monday my friend and I walked down to the water and had lunch and waded around a bit. It was hot and muggy. We had our own private little beach it was perfect. This is Squam lake (where on Golden pond was filmed)

This is a blue heron not a good picture but not that afraid of us either.

We have had some very bad storms first thunder and lighting very close it seemed and then rain so bad husband had to pull over we could not see.

Because my brother from Mississippi could not come to New England this year I sent him some lobsters and clams he sent me a case of wine! We tried the first one tonight it was very good a California wine.

With the college back the news here just does not seem to be getting better. The kids are gathering and getting letters from the college to quarantine for 14 days. They have 9 cases and the college just started classes last week sigh....And because they count these cases in their home town we might not know if I didn't have a friend at the college.
So I am trying to do cheer myself up. The farm stand on the way home had these 7 for 5.00 deal!

I also figured out how to made a fancy coffee. sooo good

A little bit of heavy or 1/2 and 1/2 cream a 1/2 tsp of any spice of your choice, 1 tsp of brown sugar. In the microwave for a minute. wrap a towel around it and put the cover on and shake! Pour into your 3/4 cup of coffee don't forget to spoon the foam in ahhh soo good and works great with pumpkin spice. And it costs only pennies I use this as my mid morning pick me up.

We kept hearing about this new boardwalk trail so early Sunday we headed off. (handsome husband)

Such a pretty walk and very peaceful we were early going out so not many people coming back was different.

It was very windy and the rustling of the cat tails was lovely. 

And some of the lilies were still in bloom.

This tree branch grew like a piece of rope very interesting.

And did this tree get hit by lighting? it looks like burn marks on it.

After we got in town we kept walking over to the fancy hotel on the lake Winnipesaukee. We sat in the lawn chairs like we were meant to be there and watched a couple of kayakers struggle with the wind on the lake.

As you can see there were white caps and the wind was blowing them away from shore. Just glad it was not me.

On the way back we saw this sculpture the left side is a mirror. Interesting not sure what it means or represents.

Each night when I get home from work I take my clothes off by the washer grab a bathrobe and head for the shower. While I am not sure if it is needed, it does give me a mental boost in the end. I feel like I 
have left all the issues and dirt behind.  

I will close with this I hope you are all well and finding ways to brighten your day.
Have a wonderful week!

16 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I doubt we will get up this this month, but hoping to do some weekends in the falll. Where is the new boardwalk? Looks like a nice place to hike. Hopefully we can enjoy getting out this week and the crowds are less.

Debbie

Deb J. in Utah said...

I do the exact same thing - as soon as I get home from school, I head to the shower and put on fresh, clean clothing. I also leave the shoes I wear to school in the care and wash them every weekend. We found out Friday that we have at least one confirmed case at our high school. Our COVID rates are going back up around here. Sounds like you had a nice week. See you again soon.

Donna said...

I so enjoy your blog and photos. The tree is so interesting. Don't you just love the gifts of nature. Miss you.

Saundra said...

The tree with natural twine wrap was interesting. Many years ago I waded in Lake Winnipesaukee and watched the crayfish swimming. Wow, that was a long time ago. So many years ago it was the year that the movie Mrs. Robinson was new and we went to the theater in town to see it while we were on vacation there.

JustGail said...

Thank you for the coffee instructions. I never could get past paying $4-5 (more?) for coffee, tasty as they might be. We have hollow trees with the black inside also. I guess now I should say had hollow trees :-( I too wonder if lightning, mold/fungus, moisture, or what caused it.

Julia said...

It looks like a very interesting hike with your handsome husband. That's one thing I should do is to go hiking but my husband has never been one to go for a hike. He tried it once and it wasn't his cup of tea.

I hope that you stay safe and well during this Covid-19 period. The poor kids who have to return to school. I do worry about them.

Take care, hugs,
Julia

Ellen D. said...

What a peaceful, lovely post! You are lucky to have so much beauty near you. Your calm enjoyment really lifted my spirits this morning. Thanks!

Buttercup said...

Loved seeing your pictures. For the first time ever didn't get to New England this summer. :( I grew up in Connecticut and went to school in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, so this is so sad to me. My 2020 travel dream is a trip to Connecticut, which I never thought I'd say. Take care!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
Your outing with your friend sounds lovely!! I miss being around water and would so enjoy that! We actually had a pretty good thunderstorm last night and it cooled things off so today we are actually in the 90's from the triple digits!!
That boardwalk looks wonderful and I my hubby and I do a lot of walking so we would certainly enjoy it!! Your idea of the shower after work sounds like a good one and I'm sure it helps you to wind down from the day as well!! We all need to do what makes us feel better right now!!
Hope you have a great week!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Nellie said...

We’ve had some heavy rainfall here recently; relieved we weren’t having to drive in it! What a thoughtful gift from your brother! Be safe!

Hill Top Post said...

On Golden Pond! What a beautiful place! I am already looking forward to fancy coffee tomorrow.

Dayle said...

❤❤❤

Farm Girl said...

I wish we could have rain like that. I love that boardwalk too. What a beautiful lake. It really is beautiful there.
I hope you have a lovely week. Hooking anything?

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful pictures. Communing with nature is good for the soul!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ahhh....now I can say I (sorta) know someone who has been to "Golden Pond" LOL. Looks lovely...and does your boardwalk hike. Wish my husband enjoyed walking. Oh well, some days I do enough for the two of us. I think Summer took an abrupt leave of us....we are down to low 40's/high 30's nights....60's in the day. While I love fall, I hate saying goodbye to Summer. I am a nocturnal animal and love being outside at night...but not when it is that nippy. ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Interesting branch indeed. Love the scenery. We had a bad storm last night too as I was driving home from the store. Almost pulled over myself. Slowed down to a crawl though. Janice