Sunday, August 23, 2020

Are You The Care Taker???

This past Monday husband and I took the kayaks out for a paddle
It is a smaller local lake that is very pretty and it was very quiet.

We were the only two on the lake. Peaceful and calm..

This is a picture of the hill? mountain? not sure which that my friend and hike on a regular basis...

Because this is the view! That is lake Winona below us that we were paddling. We can also see several other lakes from this perch. 

My kayaking shirt makes my husband laugh every time he sees it.
It was a gift from a friend. 

More pictures from my walks on the old dirt road. There has been one busy woodpecker...

And the cows were checking me out to make sure I didn't bring them any treats. 

And this is the old cemetery the dates are from mid 1700s to mid 1800s.  Most died very young, I have a few questions I would like to ask... if only. 

We have been slowly replacing and fixing most things in our house.  Husband built this house for us 32 plus years ago.We decided to get an awning for this back door as the sun shines in there most of the day. It was delivered and the (city) guys who delivered it asked my husband if he was the care taker of the property. He said "I thought a minute and why yes I am!" We have a very ordinary house why they would they think we had a care taker who knows? Maybe it was his grungy clothes from working in the yard or maybe it was the old tractor, who knows but now he is know as "the care taker." 

This is the hydrangea you see past the deck. This bush/ tree is amazing every year. I had my doubts this year because it has been so dry. But here she is in all her glory. We are just waiting for it to turn the sweet blush pink before we pick any.

We have burning bushes that edge our property and this is the first sign of things to come....

Another sign is husband dug out a puzzle.

And I dug out some UFOs I think this is next. It has been years since I touched this and as you can see I did some customizing. 
I am looking forward to getting back to this but first I have a Halloween rug I want to do. 
***
Sitting on the porch this afternoon I saw a chickadee take a bath in our bird bath I had just cleaned it out and changed the water. It was so darn cute water flying every where and he was chirping he was so happy. 
The heat has settled in here again, it also brought the humidity with it uggg it is still pretty warm at 8pm I hope it cools down overnight I am over the humidity.
Have a wonderful week and thank you so much for all the comments I love opening up and finding a comment waiting for me then I know a friend has been by. 

11 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

I absolutely LOVE your kayak shirt. I bet the younger generation has not idea what that means...lol!
Your hydrangea is beyond beautiful!!!
Hugs to you and the caretaker :)

Saundra said...

That kayak shirt is a hoot and I'd chuckle at it each time I looked at it too.

Nellie said...

What lovely views! Beautiful hydrangea! Caretakers all!

Julia said...

I love your kayaking shirt. I must admit, I had never heard of that phrase Paddle faster, I hear Banjoes and had to look it up and I'm old.

It will soon be time for me to dig out my puzzles too.

Your hydrangea is absolutely beautiful. I have only a few blossoms on my little bushes as the deers have eaten all the tips except a few.

I love your hubby's new title. I guess it is official now, he has to keep the place in top shape. lol.

Stay well and happy.
Hugs, Julia

yaya said...

My hydrangea is huge but I only have 1 bloom on it! The heat is here too. I'm ready for Fall! Your lake and the views are beautiful. I'm betting your home looks so beautiful that they figured you must have help to keep it that way! I understood your funny shirt immediately 😂

moosecraft said...

Banjos and caretakers....what a contrast! lol! One last day of humidity here in central nj and then thunderstorms will bring back the taste of autumn we had last week....I can hardly wait! Want to get back to some baking....and hooking... :-)

TheCrankyCrow said...

What amazing views you have!! And oooohhhh....that cemetery!!! One of my favorite haunts is cemeteries...the older the better. Love the shirt LOL....but now I'll have the song to go with it going through my head for the rest of the night ha ha. I love hydrangeas.....and have many different bushes here (in Nod)....I planted one at the lake house too, but believe the deer love hydrangeas as much as I do. Rats. We are supposed to get uncomfortable here as well...but by the end of the week, seasonably cool.... I laughed at your caretaker story... we had some thing somewhat similar happen when we had a couple of lawn chairs delivered a few years ago. When the delivery guys took them to the back, one asked how much we charge a night. I was completely puzzled...then realized he must have thought we were running a b&b LOL. Our house is NOT large...but we have 3 separate garages (yeah, the men folk here love their toys).... I still laugh thinking about it. Stay well and cool..... ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

What a gorgeous view! Your shirt is funny. I had 2 hydrangea trees like yours at my old home. They were big. Even had a lady drive buy and wanted to purchase some one year. Janice

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
You live in the most beautiful place!! How I would LOVE to see that view each day!! Sadly, I don't do well in humidity and my fibro does NOT LIKE the weather back east, so it is the west for me, with all the dust and heat! For some reason, I just don't have the flares and pain like I used to and so I deal with the dust and heat to feel GOOD!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful area with me so I can still enjoy the beauty!!!
Maybe the person who brought your awning was so impressed with your yard, he wanted to pay tribute to the person who took such good care of it!!! Look at it as a compliment and I'm sure it was one!!!
Enjoy that puzzle and your rug!!! Those will both keep you busy!!! Hope things cool down for you soon! Enjoy your weekend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Farm Girl said...

How green and so pretty and all of that water. I love that shirt. I think it would be so awesome to wake up every single day and look at what is around you. Then all of those gorgeous lakes.
I hope it does cool off for you.
Your hydrangea is huge! I hope you get your rug finished. I have a few I need to finish, but at this point I don't know if I ever will. One is almost all letters.
What was I thinking when I bought it.
Have a lovely weekend.

Donna said...

What a wonderful compliment to you both as your grounds must be impeccably cared for. The holes from the pileated wood peckers are so interesting. I always enjoy your blog posts...miss you.