Sunday, August 2, 2020

My Own Worst Enemy

Because of how we are tucked in the woods we do not see many sunsets. But this one was pink clouds, so pretty...

Reminded me of a painting.

We have had some small breaks of good weather, not that horrid humid, swampy stuff I can not stand. (But it is back!) The other night was cool enough after my shower husband made us sleepy tea and we sat on the porch waiting for the fireflies but they never came. The peepers were in fine voice so we enjoyed them until bed time. 

My tomatoes are coming in fast now so I made us a tomato tart for dinner with a salad. It was so good. I used puff pastry so very easy.

I had three zucchinis to deal with so I shredded them up in my food processor and froze it in 2 cup bags for bread this winter. I tried King Arthur flour's chocolate zucchini bread. I am not a huge choc fan but it is good.

The moon was so pretty last nigh not quite full but we had some clouds coming in so very pretty. We are going to get some of that storm on Tue into Wed not much just some rain. We will be fine I am sure. 
***
I have been in such a foul mood. I am not happy at work, I am not happy when I have to leave the house, I am just not happy.
The tourist have gone crazy here. The town manager in my daughter's town said "They are like sailors on shore leave from a long cruise" Leaving trash every where, building campfires where every they please, If they can't find a parking space they just leave it in the middle of the road!, The lake beaches are over flowing! Our hiking trails are crammed full and they are rescuing them every weekend as they are hiking in flip flops and turn their ankle or get lost! Or the best one yet take no water with them! they call for help because they are thirsty.
They had to shut down 3 restaurants this week because of covid just a bit north of us. What in the name of all that is holy is wrong with people!! And we are a state that is doing pretty well! At work grown men are keeping their masks below their nose. I speak up,I feel like saying get out you jack ass but I don't.
I need to turn myself around or it is going to be a very long winter!
Sorry not what you came to read 
***
Have a wonderful week I hope you are safe and sound and enjoying life as it is!


16 comments:

Saundra said...

Your food pictures make me salivate. I can understand your frustration with stupid people. While I don't like people walking around with their nose sticking out either, there is one thing which prevents me going over the edge.....have you see the meme or whatever it is called with a drawing of the nose having out over the mask being compared to a penis hanging over the top of his underwear? Cracked me up when I first saw it.

Ellen D. said...

Your tomato tart looks really delicious. I made several zucchini breads also that were really good (not the chocolate tho). I am sorry that you have to deal with such thoughtless, selfish tourists. I don't know what has happened to politeness and respect for others. It is very frustrating.

Farm Girl said...

Well you tomato tart looks wonderful as did your bread. I hope you can stay working part time. I hardly leave the house unless I just have to, because I am so upset when I do. Its been good because I have hardly spent any money this year. I did have to go to the DMV last week so I should write a blog about that experience. Your skies are beautiful and I am so sorry that people do that in your area. People do that here when it snows. Same kind of thing. It really does make me wonder about how people were raised. Have a great week.

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh.. you actually made me laugh at your frustrations. You gotta laugh or it will consume you. I see so many people with their masks hanging low. Just wear the darn thing so we can all get over this.
That sucks about tourists creating a mess. Our parks and hiking trails have been busy here too. On the trails there is no 6ft rule, people just pass and go without courtesy to others. It's all frustrating.

On a better note, your tomato dish and zucchini bread looks awesome.

Hope that you have a great August.

WoolenSails said...

That tart looks delicious, I love making homemade pizza but I cannot eat cheese, so I make it without.
I feel your pain, it is the same here. I have a beach pass, but haven't gone yet and things got so bad, they went back to 25% capacity and it is the out of staters who are taking up the spots, so really not fair. I guess coming up there won't help to avoid the crowds, unless I head into the deep woods, lol. Hot here too and a storm coming, but it is moving west, so that is good.

Debbie

Kay Harmon said...

I can relate to your frustration with people. So many people are so uncaring and self centered and all about themselves and their wants and desires. It's definitely a different world than what I grew up in. Unfortunately, I don't see it changing so I just try to ignore the idiotic behavior and when I do find someone who is behaving properly to offer them a smile.

Prims By The Water said...

OMG hope all goes well in your neck of the woods. Crazy times. I see folks wearing their masks wrong all of the time but I do not say anything. Your tomato tat and zucchini bread look yummy! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Glad you got a bit of reprieve in your sticky weather.... we went from hot to chilly in a heartbeat. The calendar changed and so did the weather....highs in the mid 60's (and windy so feels much cooler) and lows in the 40's. I love fall, but this is just a wee bit too early. I have some zucchini growing in one of my petunia pots....how that happened I have no clue as I have never ever planted it.....but looking forward to making some zucchini bread (I don't do the chocolate bread....but mine has chocolate chips in it....and a recipe I really love). Fellow blogger Marly just posted some zucchini pizza rounds she made and they look too good not to try too. Well, hope you get to a "happier place"....it's been a trying time for all. Looking forward to a bit of moon gazing tonight.... Enjoy it in your part of the world! ~Robin~

moosecraft said...

I think the "shelter in place" has helped some folks appreciate being home even more...and then there is the "other folks" that were home so long they forgot how to behave in public? Please stay safe! I also notice that in my area, folks don't pay attention to where they are in vicinity of other people... I still try to stay a distance from people (even with wearing a mask).
Enjoy that zucchini bread! It looks so moist and delicious!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy,
So sorry to hear you are in such a foul mood. Hopefully the work situation will improve. I am so tired of it all, but here we don't have to deal with the tourists. One day while walking through our lakefront park, a park employee was picking up trash that was dropped about 5' from the trash can. I commented how disgusting and he laughed and said they "almost made it to the can". I suppose he has to laugh about it or he would scream.
Your food looks yummy as always.
Take good care...and try to have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
xoxo

Judy said...

I understand your mood because mine is much the same.

Donna said...

I'm with you there my friend. Crazy times with crazy people. Your tomato tart looks mouthwatering and sure that it tasted so. your chocolate zucchini bread sounds interesting..will have to give that one a try.

coke said...

What ever you have is catching...I am so surprised and disappointed in people that it makes me heart sick...Love tomato tarts and yours looks so good.. Coke

yaya said...

That's why I loved working in the operating room: "I love people...under general anesthesia!" It does make one wonder what they are thinking. Nothing makes me madder than to see masks and gloves thrown on the ground. PIGS! Then there are the folks that take the mask down to sneeze or cough...seriously? You can't cure stupid! So I hope you can find a Zen moment soon. I think you live in such a beautiful place but it's sad when tourists don't respect the fact that others live here all year and want to keep it a healthy place! Take care! Stay safe!

Farm Girl said...

I will comment here about your sweet comment on Cape Ann. Its so true, these are the prettiest colors. I could have hooked all day, and I had to really do other things and I hated being away from it. I am glad its the pattern I came back to and get to hook. Its big but I have always liked big rugs. Thank you so much for your comment.
Kim

Doreen Frost said...

Oh Cathy ~ I am SO sorry for the negatives happening in your area. I must say, MUCH the same is now happening here and I feel your frustration. Shall I start wishing for you to be able to stay home & stay safe....to cozy in with your cooking and baking (both the tart and bread look fantastic!!)??? I'm happy to wish it for you if you like :). Hope you stay safe and peace and contentment flood over you. hugs to you my lovely friend. Doreen