Sunday, July 5, 2020

Summer..


I hope you all had a wonderful 4th it was very quiet here just husband and I we are trying so hard to stay healthy but it is getting the best of him. We need to get out a bit more.
Husband made me this little house for my porch so sweet.

I went to the farm stand early for some local strawberries. There is nothing like local strawberries. The ones shipped in the grocery store taste like the box they came in. I made strawberry ice cream just waiting for it to harden.


I for some reason wanted pie. So I made a pie now it takes us a long time to eat a pie but I don't care I love pie!!! I tried a new crust recipe I found on a blog. Nope! back to King Arthur Flour's recipe.

Our house guest is leaving tomorrow. She is very sweet and well behaved. . She likes to lay on the footstool while I am working on my rug. We are walking 3 miles every morning and about 1/2 after dinner she loves it!


We gave her her dinner but she could not pull herself from our big window in the kitchen that looks down into our yard. And this was why! That deer did not care one bit about that dog growling at her from the open window. Husband went out because we thought something may be wrong with her but when he got with in 5 feet of her she jumped up and left she was fine. I do not want her here she can go through a garden in a night. 

I worked hard in my gardens this spring and they are starting to show my hard work. My hollyhocks are just wonderful.

I have a whole row of fairy roses and they are in good form they will bloom until we have a hard frost.

I have had such a hard time growing zucchinis, this year I put them in a pot and voila I am going to have zucchinis! That is just one plant!

I had an old farm tool that the handles rotted off. Husband replace them and oh do I love it! I put it under the trees where it is hard to grown anything.

I am on the border of my large rug. I am not sure if I have enough wool so I am backing into it. I put an extra row of background around and then two rows of black. now I am filling in the plaid from the bottom up evenly all the way around.
I want to finish this rug but I will be sad not to work on it anymore.
***
We had several days of rain which we badly needed and then the weather has been warm but not to bad. We could use some more rain.
I loved all the comments on my rug thank you for helping my ego to grown lol
Have a wonderful week!


13 comments:

Julia said...

Your flowers are beautiful and the zucchini plant in the pot is doing amazingly well with all the blooms. My zucchini plants were put in very late and are still small.

You have worked very hard on that rug and you should be very proud of it.

The deers have been all through my gardens and have nibbled buds of some hydrangeas, and hostas and even some buds from my Asiatic Lilies. They ate some lettuce, beans, peas, beets and sweet peppers. I saw the mother and her two little fawns. Cute but I'm not impressed. Luckily, they only nibbled here and there and left some for me. lol.

You little house guest was treated well. Take care and have a great week.
HUgs, Julia

Susan Zarzycki said...

Lovely flowers! We named our property DEER Haven because we have lots of trees and Roger feeds the deer and other critters. Cute fawns frolicking makes us laugh. We live in a very manicured development but hubby likes the overgrown, wild look. We have a huge fenced in dog yard and have a few vegetables patches there.💖

Saundra said...

What an adorable house your hubby made you. A thoughtful gesture. The woods surrounds my home so get lots of deer and I enjoy watching them. They nibble the flowers off my hostas but that doesn't bother me at all. Yummy strawberries and bet the pie was delicious even tho the flour was not to your liking.

Nellie said...

What lovely flowers! Yes, a deer can create quite a bit of havoc in a garden. So glad to hear that you are taking care of yourselves! Very scary time!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I just made a post about my hubby and I being on our own this 4th! Hope you are able to get out a bit - the strawberries look delish♥

Prims By The Water said...

Your hubby is a talented one too! Love your new home and decorated for July 4th is the cats pajamas. Your flowers are looking great. No flowers on our zucchini yet. My mom has a doe in her backyard that had twin fawns. She loves watching them. Janice

Rugs and Pugs said...

Such a sweet house hubby made.
Love all your flowers. Happy to hear you got some rain. We are SO dry and I am so tired of watering the few annuals I have, but today even the established perennials are looking pretty droopy. That's next on my agenda.
Oh, you are so close on the rug. You hooked that Saundra speed...lol!

Donna said...

Your flowers are coming along great...beautiful. As usual you're making me hungry...the strawberries look delicious. I would love a house guest like that...who does he belong to? Do you want your old life back as much as I do? Love your rug and so happy to be feeding your ego.. Miss you Roomie

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful wooden house, I do love them and have a couple, so always on the lookout for something different in the thrifts.
Beautiful gardens, I really need to get more plants around my yard, want to attract more birds and butterflies.

Debbie

TheCrankyCrow said...

The porch house your husband made is adorable!! And love the patriotic lights! And your hollyhocks are amazing! They are one of my all-time favorites. I have hit or miss luck with them...mostly miss LOL. Too much wind no matter how much I stake them. I have never heard of fairy roses, but they look lovely. We are very, very, rural here in Nod...and have deer, bear, wolves, coyotes, etc. come right to our doors...but, oddly, have never had an issue with the deer eating our plants (rabbits? now that's another thing)...but on our lake property, YIKES!!!! You leave something overnight and it is gnawed right off. Our nearest neighbor is a former "city dweller" and thinks it's fun to feed the deer...unfortunately, they like the meals at our house better than at his. I'd be sorry to see your house guest go...! She seems so mellow and dogs are such wonderful company. ~Robin~

Buttercup said...

Love your flower photos. I've been craving pie, too, but without a stove right now. I'm on the lookout for the best bought option.

yaya said...

I got some strawberries from a local Amish lady and made some jam..very yummy! The Amish have been bringing in bees to pollinate the zucchini plants. I guess they need that like the fruit trees do. Enjoy your harvest and I bet some delish zucchini bread will be in order! I'm so over the Covid thing but I'm sure we're stuck with it for a long time. Have a good week Cathy! We got some needed rain yesterday and I'm hoping for some today too! (Good time to read a new book during a nice rain fall!)

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

I love your little porch house. Those strawberries so so good. I need to go out and get some. Your rug looks beautiful, nice you are near the end of it. Mine is going on forever. I don't think it will ever get finished.
Have a great weekend.
Janet