Sunday, July 19, 2020

I Swear...

Husband brought home some flowers. My mother always bought these for me for my birthday it is in Aug and they are my birth flower.

Husband has been helping clean out a barn a few towns over and noticed this sign and took them up on their offer...
"Sit a bit enjoy God's view"

They were right it is a nice view! I love that kind of thing on the back roads of NH. The glads were a road side stand  that said "Glads ahead" and after you passed them " you just went by the glads!"


And speaking of views we got up early Sat morning trying to beat the heat and picked 8 quarts of blue berries. The bushes were loaded. Because everyone was picking the tops I sat in the grass and picked the bottoms and found 5.00! It was soaking wet from the night before and half in the mulch so I called it a tip and kept picking. Speaking of finding money we walk our little dead end road every night and first husband found a penny in the road, the next night I did? Very strange for a little dead end road with hardly any traffic where did they come from?

I put them in 1 quart bags and froze them. 

I bought the last pint of local strawberries I made a dutch baby added the strawberries on the top and made a cream cheese drizzle yummmm

My basil plants runneth over so I made a batch of pesto with more to come, I freeze it in ice cube trays and then transfer to a bag. Great for pasta, soups and stews all winter long.

I am working on finishing up my stair runners...

Only three more to do, I am designing the rest of them.
Next up fire flies a picture next week.

I saw someone on facebook ask how to clean the grippers and people were telling her how and saying but I have never seen them that bad. Yikes mine were pretty bad. I got out the vacuum and good as new.

Husband brought home a grain measure for me. I have wanted one but not willing to pay the price. This is just wonderful!

It is bent oak and has the name of the maker stamped on the bottom. It was made in a little town in NH. I just love the patina!

I have chased the deer out of the yard 3 times more!
and yes she makes me swear! She is eating her way through my hosta garden.
Something else makes me swear. I was side swiped while grocery shopping this morning early. No note, nothing, I called the PD and they are going to look at the footage at the store and call me tomorrow. He feels he will find the person. It was 7 am and I was one of about 6 cars parked up front and right beside a full size white pick up hmmmm that makes me swear!


I have a crooked little stick in a watering can as my mask drying rack. I am washing them as I use them and trying to keep covid away from us!

Have a wonderful week!

11 comments:

yaya said...

I was side swiped this past winter and it left a little ding on my van door...made me so mad! I keep meaning to get it fixed but so far it's still there mocking me! Our blueberry bushes were loaded but the birds or deer got to them first dang it! I need to go picking but running out of time. I retire in 2 weeks and hopefully I'll find more time for things like that. Enjoy your haul of berries! Stay cool during this crazy heat wave. I'm ready for Fall...not a lover of the heat. Take care! P.S..love those stair runners...you are very talented!!

Nellie said...

Loved this post, Didn’t love hearing you were sideswiped!😝 We have blueberries here; have picked oodles; still have more to pick; great for the freezer, and easy to do! Glads remind me of my growing up years. There were always glads blooming in the summertime because my dad planted many bulbs. We had some of those bulbs at our other house; failed to bring any with us here. Love your mask collection.

newburyarts said...

I can't imagine you swearing or losing your collective cool!
Me...absolutely!
You...no...too nice!
The stair risers look great. I admire your tenacity on them.
Flowers look wonderful...even if we must put up with this awful heat! Swealtering here on the coast but still some afternoon breezes.
Stay cool my friend!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your stairs and your masks! Good for you for diligently wearing them! We are doing the same. Hope you can figure out who sideswiped your car. So frustrating. I love all those blueberries. We are getting lots and lots of little tomatoes this year. Not much luck from my blueberry bush. Hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

Saundra said...

I usually park my vehicle away from beat up cars because it's obvious they don't care about theirs or others. My van is a 2003 and used to look like new except this one time when I also returned from the grocery store to see a big dent in the side. And yes I also swore, and no note.
Love your stair risers and the strawberry dessert. Wow, lucky you to get a tip for picking your own blueberries. I find coins often in grocery store parking lots and collect them in a zipper bag in my car. Hmmm, wonder if that is why there is a shortage of coins now lol.

Farm Girl said...

What lovely blueberries plus a tip! Your stair runners are incredible. What a nice job you have done so far. I do hope they catch that person who sideswiped your car. Not nice at all. It looks so pretty there. I bet you do love being on a dirt road. Nothing better than that, I wonder how the pennies got there? I was reading someone else who is having fits with the deer. I hope you have a wonderful week. It was nice to read your blog again.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
You really do live in a lovely place and I would have taken advantage of that spot to "enjoy God's view", too!! How wonderful those berries look and good for you on the extra tip!!! Jeff and I do lots of walking and I can't tell you how many times we have found money!! Guess you always need to be looking down!!! lol
We LOVE Dutch Babies and make them with powdered sugar and lemon with both strawberries and blueberries, depending on what we have on hand!!
Your stair runners are wonderful and you are so close to being done!!!!
So sorry you got side swiped!!! Hopefully they will find the person and make it right!!!
Hope your weather is finally cooling off!!! We are STILL HOT, but it's Arizona!!!
Have a great week!! Oh, and those glads are SO PRETTY!!!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Florida reader said...

Love your stair runners and your stick for drying masks!
My mom loved glads and your photo brought back good memories.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Those blueberries look so good. I'm not sure many of them would have made it to my freezer. I just love them by the handful. Or mix a dollop of sour cream with some brown sugar. YUM!
How sweet of hubby to gift you the grain measure!!!
WONDERFUL stair risers. I'm sure you will be happy when they are finally done.
I am surprised the gripper strips came clean with a vacuum. Yours must really suck...lol!
I use a cheap pet brush with metal teeth. Works great.

Prims By The Water said...

I so love those stair rugs. How do you adhere them to each step? Love all fruit and those blueberries looks so yummy. So did that strawberry dessert! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

What sweet gifts from your husband - both the beautiful measure and the wonderful glads. Glads remind me of my younger days...my mother always planted them, as did my sister. They are so beautiful, but I don't plant them anymore. I say it's because there is too much wind here...which is partially true...but mostly it's because I am always negligent in lifting the bulbs in fall. I love, love, love blueberries...and they freeze so very well. I am curious though...what is a "Dutch Baby"?? I don't think anyone's grippers are worse than mine....I've tried to clean them, but nothing seems to work. They were mounted wonky originally and so two rub on the wood to boot. Drives me crazy, but haven't quite figured out what to do about replacing them. I'm kind of helpless in some regards LOL.... ~Robin~