Sunday, June 21, 2020

THE HEAT IS ON!

We are in dire need of rain. But we have been watering daily to keep things alive as we are hot! This stretch into the coming week is the longest stretch in years! I do not like heat at all!!!
This rose bush makes the whole yard smell so wonderful! And my lavender is coming any day now. My two favorite smells in the world.

Because my knee was still not back to full normal I took my kayak and met my friend at her house and we had a paddle around her lake. Social distancing of course.

It was beautiful, the humid air had not come in yet and there was a lovely breeze coming off the water.  Of course my knee is better but the top of my foot hurts. No swelling, no redness just hurts! This getting old thing is not for me. I have not walked my 3 miles in almost 2 weeks. 

We got the house decorated for the fourth. She is looking pretty good and that porch is coming in handy with all the hot weather.

Sat we met up with my daughter, sweet B and my son in law for a pre-father's day picnic breakfast. I brought fruit salad and she brought goodies from the bakery. We had mimosas and explored a little park near her. You can walk right down to the dam.

And this poor rusty thing is the dam control. Sweet B loved it and it was nice to visit and be outside. We are finding we enjoy this more and more as we not going to restaurants or visiting each others houses. Plus we are exploring our own backyard.

I am not sure what this flower is it was on the path but it was heavenly smelling I thought a berry but not sure. 
***
I took Deanne's 10 minute challenge, you agree to hook at least 10 minutes a day for 50 days from now to Sept 1 she is doing a drawing at the end. Just a great way to keep hooking through the summer. I am still working on the background of that large rug I will get some pictures this week to show.We broke down and put our window air conditioner in the living room so we can watch tv without melting. I sneak in to hook now and then so I don't fall behind on the challenge . I know I am always complaining about the weather but we were having such lovely days hard to see this humid weather I feel like a sloth.
***

I saw this on facebook and I want to make one. I have some of those tins but I am sure in my travels I will find more and be able to make it at some point. 
***
Have a wonderful week everyone!

7 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Yes it is extremely HOT here too! UGh What a fun wreath. Cannot wait to see yours! Janice

Julia said...

I've been feeling the heat too and it just sucks all the energy out of me. The ground is so dry but luckily we had a big rainstorm a while back and got a good soaking for the gardens. My friend who lives not very far from me didn't get any rain for a month and a half. The storm went around them but they didn't get a drop of rain.

That lake looks so inviting and your time on the lake with your friend sounds so nice. I'm glad you got to visit with your family too.

I hope that your knees feel better soon.
Take care and stay safe and happy.
Hugs, Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

We are also very dry. It is too early for the grass to be this brown. We got maybe 15 minutes of rain this evening and there is a better chance for more tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Happy you got to see your friend and then Miss B again.
Looking forward to seeing the progress on your rug. My hooking progress is pathetic...even though I am hooking daily.
Very cool wreath!!!
Stay cool if possible :)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Forgot to mention I'm sorry you are now having foot issues. This growing old is NOT for sissies.

Saundra said...

Thankfully we had some rain the last two days but still hasn't brought our rain level up to normal. At least we're not bone dry any longer. I saw that tin wreath on FB too and liked it. Hmmm, I have Deanne's blog on my side bar but don't see a post since April. Am I not seeing her new blog or is there somewhere else I need to check out? Sorry about your foot issues.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sorry your foot is giving you issues....maybe there's something in the water these days...my knee has been giving me fits...It's the knee I severely messed up in a fall, but it hasn't bothered me like this for a long, long, time. Seems as though we are getting everyone else's rain....over 3" in one day....and 5" on the weekend. No heat here either....I am sitting here in long sleeves and a sweatshirt on top and not a single window open....didn't even get to 70º today...and down to 45 tonight. Brrrr.... I'm slowly hooking on the whale...I try to do a little every day otherwise it will be too easy to put aside and not pick up again...and end up in the Closet of Things Unfinished LOL.... ~Robin~

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
So happy you can enjoy the beauty being outside and you certainly do have some gorgeous spots to enjoy!! How fun to have a picnic and the waterfall is lovely!!! I actually lived on or near lakes most of my teen years and LOVE the water, so can just imagine the cool breeze you mentioned!! I HATE HUMIDITY and remember those years of living in very humid climates, so I do feel for you!! Now I just live where it is HOT HOT HOT and spend most of my time inside!! Thankfully, we are still cooler in the mornings so I am still getting my walk in, but pretty soon it will even be hot in the mornings!! Such is life and we just deal with it as we go along!! Hope your knee and foot gets better soon!!! Great way to keep up with your hooking as well!!!
Take care and stay well!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo