Sunday, January 5, 2020

Welcome 2020..

I try to count my blessing at night before I go to bed. It truly is amazing how blessed we all are if we really think about our blessings.

My amaryllis is in full bloom. Such a lovely spark of color. 

A friend and I took a nice long snowshoe on Thursday.
My new year goal is get in shape. Of course I would love to lose some weight but I am not making it about that. The older we get the more important it is to keep strong. I know a woman who is at least 20lbs less than I am, but she can not walk as far,or get herself out of a kayak, and she told me if she fell she could never get herself up. To me that is very scary I would rather have extra pounds and be strong. 

The days are getting longer yeah. We have had snow and ice but not the horrid cold. I will take snow over ice any day.

I am doing a vision board for the New Year. I want to grow heirloom tomatoes, etc. I will post it where I can see it daily when it is done to keep my goals in mind.  




I love to read and want to make more time for it. I just finished this book it is a true story of a murder in NH. I have quite a stack to tackle but if you have any to recommend I would love to hear about them.

I bring this rosemary in every fall and my goal is to use it more often in my cooking. It is getting so large.

My dad is on the right he is there with his cousin doing what he loved to to best! He was very young here. My dad died when I was 19 not enough years with him. But one of my goals is to organize and print family pictures. 

 
I will close with my candle I got for Christmas, acorns of course.
I like to burn a candle each night after I am done cleaning up.
It gets the food smells out and the house smells lovely.
And it casts a lovely light in the dark kitchen. 
Have a wonderful week everyone
Happy New Year!

12 comments:

Saundra said...

Your goals sound like something I'd like to adapt also. Your father was a tall strapping man and sorry you didn't get the years you should have had.

I LOVE smelling rosemary and think I should grow some here as well. It is wonderful to rub my fingers along the limb and love the aroma when rosemary is in lotions.

Am pulling loops on the wonderful sleigh giveaway I was lucky enough to win and will post it soon. Thanks so much for the opportunity.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Yes, the days are getting longer, minute by minute !
It is important to stay strong. Walking is a wonderful way to be healthy and keep moving.
Rose

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
Keeping healthy and staying strong is so very important for us!! Good goals for 2020! Wish I had a green thumb because I would LOVE to grow rosemary!! I like to use it in my creations, dried, both inside and out!! I am a reader too, and am currently reading one of my many Agatha Christie novels, plus enjoying Marple on hulu!!
Hope you enjoy your week, my friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Hill Top Post said...

What a lovely post, and filled with so much inspiration! I may steal your idea for lighting a candle each evening! :~) Best wishes for a wonderful new year!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy New Year. So hard to believe it is 2020. I love that the days are getting longer and in less than 2 months we will spring ahead.
I almost never read a book (do read lots of magazines) and really need to get back to it. My problem is I don't know when to put the book down.
Great goal of yours to get stronger. The older we get, the more important it is. Before I retired, I got almost no exercise. Now I get on the treadmill every morning and very rarely miss a day.

yaya said...

I know a few folks who do vision boards and I say each year I want to make one. Maybe this year will be it? Hmmm....you have many good goals and I agree with you about being strong. I see folks at all different ages in surgery and many are there because of poor health habits. Stay strong with your outdoor activities! Have a great week!

Chris Lally said...

A lovely first post for this new year and decade. Yes, I think we all forget how blessed we are - such a wonderful idea to count the ways we are blessed before we fall asleep. A grateful heart is good medicine.
And my favorite photo - the one of your dad:)
Wishing you and your every good thing this new year has to offer! Looking forward to hearing more about the vision board:)

Sakuranko said...

Oh so lovely post darling~ i should start to count my blessings too
xx

Kay G. said...

Your book has reminded me of one of the posts that I want to do...about Celia Thaxter. She had a beautiful garden on an island, which she wrote about...but she also witnessed a murder and she wrote a book about that too.The island is off the coast of New Hampshire and Maine. Have you heard of her?

moosecraft said...

I like the idea of a vision board! It's always good to have some inspiring visuals right in front of you to be a reminder of what you hope to accomplish...I may have to join you and make one too! :-) Wishing you strength and happiness! Happy New year!

Earlene said...

I want to try a vision list for my garden. So ready to garden, I know it is too soon but still do just the same.
Have a good nighy...sweet dreams.
Earlene

Judy said...

I like to have a candle burning in the evening too.
I turn off the chair-side table lamp and just watch TV with the candle as the only light in the room.