Sunday, January 12, 2020

Enjoying Winter,,,

This was one morning when it looked very overcast.
I turn around and the sun was shining on the trees on the hill behind me.

Wed I get out of work at 3 so I hurried and met my friend and we did a quick hike into rainbow falls. You could hear the water running but you couldn't see it. On our way out it started to snow.


By the time I got home it was a white out! This is the second time this year we have had these squalls. We do not usually have them. Scary to drive in.

One of the mornings we had red skies. It didn't last long but it was beautiful.

Sat my friend and I met up and had breakfast and headed out again to Mead falls. It was unusually warm. By mid day we had temps in the 50's!

The road in was very icy but on the way out everything had softened up. 

 
We had rain and fog so there is not much snow left. We are still in the 40s which is crazy warm for us. I feel bad for the skiers and snowboarders and all of us who have been enjoying the snow.

My newest ornament from my sweet friend.

Yes I still have my tree up! I really like it! and when I walked I saw the neighbor still has her tree up so I am going to enjoy it for one more week.

I dyed wool today, now this is a horrid picture but I took brown and green wool and over dyed it with Reseda green. I didn't stir it much it came out ok I am much more likely to use it than flat colored wool. I do not shade when I hook so the more mottling the better to give it more life.

I have never met an olive that I didn't like. I am such a salty eater,
between sweet and salty, it is salty every time. I just found this kind of olive and I love them but they are a bit pricey. Husband is doing the grocery shopping lately and he bought me another bottle of them as a treat. Now this is a man who gets me, flowers or olives? I would choose olives every time lol.
***
I am still working on my vision board. I will show it again when it is done.
I also have a fun weekend coming up with 5 other rug hookers
a nice way to break up the winter. also my women's group is getting together soon. Such a wonderful group of women.
Have a great week.

9 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

It sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff planned!
Your pictures are beautiful. I have to say I am loving the unseasonal (is that a word?) weather here in Ohio, too.
My guess is that wool will hook up beautifully!
Happy hooking :)

Saundra said...

I'd be scared driving thru a dense snow storm like that. Before I retired and it was snowing I'd ask to work thru lunch so I could leave early to drive home

Hill Top Post said...

There seems to be a lot of winter there to enjoy! You have posted some amazing photos here! I am quite impressed that you and a friend hiked to Mead Fall to get this oh-so-beautiful photo! Take care and enjoy that tree just a few more days.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
You surely live in a beautiful place and I love seeing all the wonderful photos you share!! Thanks so much!! Plus, I don't get cold looking at them!! lol
Sounds like you are in for some fun times!!! Enjoy!!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Prims By The Water said...

So scary to drive in a white out. I did so a few years ago. The next highway exit I turned around and went back home. We were all going to visit a museum and I decided my daughter, grands and Bob were more important than getting into an accident. Glad I did because my daughter got an alert minutes later of a crash. Your photos look beautiful! It was 57 on Saturday. Not normal for us here either. Is this global warming? Janice

Chris Lally said...

Yes, winter weather is beautiful as long as you are not driving in it:)
And I am with you - the tree remains up for one more week & olives (any color of the rainbow) are always in the fridge!
Great post - love the photos!!

moosecraft said...

Winter sure is pretty in your area! Between the skies and the frozen falls...it is difficult to pick a favorite!
I'm an olive gal too...and yes, sometimes there is one on each fingertip! lol!
Haven't started my vision board yet...maybe this weekend.
Enjoy the week! :-)

yaya said...

Give me an olive stuffed with feta cheese, or garlic, or just a plain old green or black ones and I'm happy! Your snowy pics reminded me that it is actually Winter. We've had such a mild January...60 on Sat! It was sunny and 50 today. Crazy but I'm loving it. I know we'll be slammed in Feb and March, that's how it usually rolls here when it's mild in January. Careful on the icy hikes but how great that you're keeping so active even when the weather is cold and snowy. Better than sitting inside getting depressed! I don't hike as hardy as you but I do love a walk in any weather. So have a good week and enjoy your hooking friends!

woolwoman said...

so enjoyed catching up on your blog. The snow and wintry photos are amazing! I can't imagine living in winter wonderland. my dream is to spend one Christmas in conditions like that - maybe take a real sleigh ride. you know touristy things! hope your hooking event with friends is fun! I have a camp coming up too. YAY!
mel