Sunday, December 8, 2019

A Day Off...

I took some time to repair a few things on a rug I hooked for my daughter 7 years ago. She had a new puppy last year and it has been sitting in my closet waiting for me all this time.


This is not a good picture but you do see the pattern in the wool.
It does not have any color variations but is a straight light cream color. I am in complete love with this wool and I want more. I was on a self induced spending freeze this year for wool so this is the first I have bought all year and boy oh boy is it good. It would be wonderful dyed.


I have been decorating off and on since Thanksgiving I am declaring it done!. this is a tiny part of my little paper house village.

This is over my kitchen sink so I get to see them all the time.
my little gnomes. 

Sweet little faces.

I was also lucky enough to win a relaxation raffle basket from the Library. Inside is a gift cert for 1/2 hour massage and lots of lavender products. Very exciting! Since I caught my husband's cold and had to take Friday off and lay low for the weekend it was a nice call to get.

I did make some Pumpkin scones this morning they came out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.
 ****


My sweet B and her skiing buddies were chosen to be in the flyer and the magazine for the mountain they ski at. Very exciting!
***
Her parents took her to the police station to drop of some homemade cookies they made. I am so proud of her parents they both work very hard to make sure she understands the joy of giving and respect.
***
Now for the winner of the giveaway!
Saundra it is you! email me your address I will get it in the mail in the AM.
***
We are in for crappy weather (rain) you know the ground is frozen so we will be slipping an skidding all over the place. ICK
Have a great week! 



11 comments:

Saundra said...

Sorry it took a day to get sick for a day off. That Santa in the Sleigh looks mighty familiar. Is that a freebie designed by Lucille Festa from an old issue of RHM? If so, it's just another of the many designs in my long list of "TO HOOK".

Saundra said...

OH...forgot to mention lucky you to get a massage and lavender products.

moosecraft said...

Very nice! I thought I recognized that young lady in the skiing picture! :-) I can spy your lovely nail polish in the corner of the pic as well! :-) Sorry you have been sick...but a day off sure is a treat. I bet that lavender smells lovely and will certainly be relaxing on a cold winter's day! Looks like your baking efforts went a bit better than mine this weekend. I tried a sweet bread and it was a learning experience...lol! Stay warm and get well....Christmas is here! :-)

Saundra said...

Am very lucky to be the winner. I fell in love with yours when you hooked it.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hope you are feeling better this morning. Not fun to be under the weather this time of year. How fun for Miss B! Great pic! Love your gnome tree! Their little faces are so joyful!
Feel better,
Robyn

Chris Lally said...

Congrats on winning the raffle basket! Good timing here:) Hope you're feeling much better now.
Love the Christmas rug & decorations. Hopefully this will make it so much more pleasant staying indoors during the awful weather.
Keep warm!

Julia said...

Miss B. is making you proud and how nice of her parents to teach her respect and gratitude for the firemen and others.
I hope that you will soon feel all better. Lavender one of my favorite scents.
It's raining here too and the sand truck went by our place this morning.
Stay safe and well.
Hugs, Julia

yaya said...

It's rained all day here. The kind of day to just curl up with a good book and a warm blanket! Or work in an operating room! Ha! I hope you don't get ice with your weather this week. Love your decorations! The gnomes would make me smile all day! Congrats on winning a basket like that and I know you'll enjoy that massage. Get well soon and have a good week!

Rugs and Pugs said...

WOW! You made it 11+ months. I am in awe. I don't think I made it 11 days.
So cool that Miss B and friends are stars :)

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

Your blog was so fun to visit
Im just learning how to needle punch
Laura

Prims By The Water said...

Congrats on your win! How did I miss your last post??? Well congrats to Saundra and thanks for hosting a wonderful giveaway. BTW Poldark was GOOD! I will miss it. Janice