Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Pine cone Instruction

I had a few people email me that they would like to know how to make the pine cones

Very easy just fiddly.

Because I am doing these for a book store I used old book pages.
These are 2 inch square, and some straight pins.
I just fold one end.

Then stack them starting at the small end of the Styrofoam egg and making the first 4 come almost together on that end. Then stacking them all the way up the egg shape until it is covered. pinning them by the straight corners.
I used an egg shape Styrofoam (this is a ball so not quite the same)
This is a link on how to make it with ribbon. The size of your book page squares would depend on the size of the egg. Mine are pretty large.
I hope this helps any questions email me. 
Happy Thanksgiving!


7 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Very cool. Thank you. I have some old books with yellowed pages. They would be perfect for making these. Now to find the time...sigh.

Julia said...

That is pretty cool and inexpensive to make... I love your pine cone decoration. Thanks for the tutorial.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

I still love these! Will need to make some in brown wool and paper now. Happy Thanksgiving! Janice

Saundra said...

Beautiful!! If I was still doing craft shows I'd be jumping on that tutorial like crazy. You did lovely work.

JustGail said...

Thank you for the link. I think I like the book page version better, even though I'm not normally in favor of destroying books for craft things. But if it's already falling apart, or common paperbacks, why not?

Chris Lally said...

What fun! Thank you so much:)

moosecraft said...

Thanks so much, Cathy! I usually put a small wreath in each window for the Holidays....but, I'm thinking these would be a nice change! Happy Thanksgiving!