Sunday, June 2, 2019

Stair Risers...

 
My new motto lol

Well I continue to walk. On Sat the only living being I saw were the cows. I will say my sleep is better, I do not know if it is the combination of exercise and magnesium or just the magnesium. But  it is better and I will take whatever it was that turned it around. 

I found these wild flowers on my walk not sure what they are but they are not violets. I think they must be some kind of wild orchid.

And speaking of wild orchids we have the lady slippers in our yard again. They are so rare and special.

The flowering crab that is on my blog header is flowering again the whole yard smells sweet and lovely. mmmmm

After I walked on Sat. I came home and changed out my dark curtains for the summer white ones. Makes it feel like summer even though the weather is still not cooperating.

It was my grand's dance recital. I can not believe how big she is and how wonderful she does!

She makes me think of her mom each time I see her dance.
My daughter danced until she graduated from high school. 

I have three risers done and steamed just have to give them a quick bind so I can get them up on the stairs. 
I am having my women's group in for dinner this week and would love to get these few more on the stairs.
****
It seems the weather this week is more of the same, rainy and cold. 
I hope summer doesn't hit all of a sudden 90 and humid. I hate humid.
Have a wonderful week!!!

8 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Miss B isso cute! I remember when my daughter took dance. Glad you are sleeping better. Janice

yaya said...

Love your walks! Glad you're getting sleep and feeling better. It's so surprising how just getting the proper rest can make us feel so good. How sweet to see the little ones dance. I hope she continues and enjoys it. It was such a pretty day here today but it was only in the 60's and we've had the rain off and on all Spring. We've had a few of those warm humid days and like you, I hate them! That's why I could never live in Florida. Anyway, have a good week and I hope Summer does find you!

moosecraft said...

You have some beautiful flowers in your area...I can almost smell those crabapple blooms! Miss B looks like a pro! Glad to hear you are sleeping better....sure hope it continues!

Julia said...

I like your motto and that's what I do although, I don't have the same exact words. How lucky to have a lady's slippers growing in your yard.
Miss B. looks so professional in her dancing. You can tell that she is a natural at this.

I can't wait to see a picture of your stair risers. So much work. I love the colors.

I've been loving the cooler weather to work in the yard and I've been working till dark or until I'm exhausted every day. I took Sunday off from working in the garden and pulling dandelions. My Crabapple tree is also blooming and I hope the temperature will not soar like it usually does every year. It gets so hot that the blossoms don't last. My brother in law has some beehives near our place and they will cover those blossoms in no time.

Have a great week.
Hugs, Julia

Farm Girl said...

I love all of the pictures of the flowers I have only read about in books.
I can't wait to see all of your stair risers. Oh my goodness, Miss B. is so cute.
I love seeing the cows too.
Have a great week.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
LOVE your new motto!! My husband always says "Fab" when I ask him how he is doing, and it makes me laugh!!
Your flowers are so gorgeous and I sure do miss seeing those! We don't have them out here in AZ! Happy to hear you are sleeping better, too! Hope the walking and magnesium continue to help!
Miss B is so sweet and my grand Sophia loves to dance, too!!
Hope you can get those stair risers ready! I'm sure they will look FABULOUS!!!! lol
Have a wonderful week!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

WoolenSails said...

I know I always sleep better when I exercise, especially outdoor activity. Good for the body and mind, so I get a more relaxed sleep.
Miss B looks beautiful in her dancing, she sure is growing up.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great motto and happy to hear you are sleeping better. I hope it continues.
I look forward to seeing the risers on your stairs. Please share.
Sweet Miss B ❤️