Sunday, June 30, 2019

A Rug Show

On Friday we headed to the opening night of a rug show put
on by White Mountain Woolen Magic guild and the league of NH craftsmen.

This is a very small showing of the rugs that were there.
Just amazing talent.

These are all post card size.

that has wool roving with hooking again small.

Please enlarge them to see the beautiful detail.

So much inspiration.

White Mountain Woolen Magic has lots of pictures of everything.
Dorr Mill hosted the opening reception which was lovely.

Across the hall there was another opening of fine furniture.
See the inlay on the leg?

And the top of this table was amazing! it folded into a half round when not in full use. It was put on by the NH state prison. I wish I had taken more pictures what amazing furniture they made!

My sweet husband had a birthday this week and sweet B and family came for make your own pizza and cake! 

My gardens are doing better and I love cutting flowers for the porch.

I mean really, who would not love a rose that pretty and very fragrant. But the rain the horrid pounding rain has come along with very big thunder storms. And the dreaded humid weather.

We walked this morning and saw the wash outs from last nights storm. After we got back the sun was out and bang the thunder and lighting started again! and it rained just as hard. We are in for more tonight then cool but by the fourth back to 90 but not as humid.
 r
Sat I spent the day cleaning I washed curtains and windows. Weeded out more stuff and then needed something different for our little bathroom window. I had bought these 3 napkins at a thrift store but never used them, so they made a great summer curtain.

While it was pouring I made these no flour peanut butter cookies.
Super easy and it doesn't make a lot so perfect for a little something.
I found a spot for my 48 star flag on the porch. We are all decorated and ready to celebrate the 4th. Have a happy and safe one!


5 comments:

yaya said...

Beautiful rugs! Holy cow, such talent and I love that table too. Made by prisoners? Pretty cool. Happy birthday to your sweet hubby! Hope it was great and glad your family could come and celebrate. Your flowers are really pretty. We've had the same showers here and it was our driveway that washed out. However, we had it fixed so hopefully no more washouts this year! Have a good July 4th..enjoy!

Julia said...

Thanks for beautiful the rug show, and that table is amazing. Such talents.
Happy belated birthday to your husband. Miss B. looks sweet. We had rain here too but the thunder and lightning just didn't materialize in our area, just wind. I spent Sunday afternoon reading. I make those cookies once in a while. They are so quick to make and taste great.
Your flowers are so beautiful, I can almost smell them.
Happy 4th of July. Today we celebrate Canada Day.
Hugs, Julia

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
Wonderful rug show and such talent!! Seems like everyone really loves nature and animals!
The furniture is gorgeous and so happy to see that the people in prison can use their talents to make such beautiful things!! The flowers are lovely and sure wish I could smell them!!!
Glad you had a nice party and didn't get caught in the rain!! We are nearing our rainy season and can get flash floods at times, but we sure can use the rain here!!!
Love your flags and hope you have a lovely 4th!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Rugs and Pugs said...

So much talent. Thanks for sharing.
Your flowers are beautiful.
Happy belated birthday to hubby and happy 4th of July 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

moosecraft said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!!! You certainly have some beautiful flowers! I'd love to have bouquets like that in my home! Thank you for sharing the rug show pics...the one with the house is my favorite. Happy 4th of July!