Sunday, June 23, 2019

Summer Is Our Best Season

Harper Lee was correct summer is the best season. 
There have been naps on the porch this weekend. Our weekend weather has been glorious! 

My old fashioned roses are in full bloom and they smell wonderful!
Just sitting here with the breeze blowing them the whole porch smells of roses.

My poor garden is so late this year but my peony has finally bloomed. 

And not be be outdone by the flowers this I believe this is a Luna moth, 
 just as beautiful. 

A rare Friday dinner out we headed to the next town.  We settled into a local Italian restaurant. After we took a walk around the new sculptures that were installed around town. 

It was a beautiful night and perfect for walking off dinner.

This one was called Irish Step Dancers, cute.

This one is a little hard to see but is a vase of sunflowers made out of iron. 

My sweet B loves fairies and the most amazing book came into 
the store I work in. This book is full of pop ups and you move the leaves and you find fairies hiding.
I can not believe she is now a third grader not sure where the time goes? 
***
I have been doing a lot of reading lately I go in spurts, I will read for awhile and then not at all for awhile. One of my customers reads some of the same authors I do and she buys all the new books as they come out. She is very generous and lets me read them.
I did order some wool this week for my stair risers. I don't need  much and then I will get back to those in the evenings. If I have good weather I try to walk or get out in the gardens. We have not had much good weather this spring so I want to make good use of it when we do.
***
I am sure you have all heard of the horrid motorcycle accident in our state. A truck pulling a long trailer hit a group of bikers and killed 7 of them! Some where air lifted. It happened about an hour north of us in a very tiny town on a regular two way road,so sad.
At close to the same time there was an accident 1 hour south of us 2 cars collided and two were killed in that accident, I have no idea what is happening on our roads. 
****
Have a wonderful safe week.

7 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your roses and peony are beyond beautiful. I can almost smell their wonderful fragrances.
We had not heard about the motorcycle crash. Heartbreaking.

Julia said...

Your roses are so beautiful. So far only my white scented Rose bush called Blanc de Coubert has blossomed but the rest of the rose bushes are all budded and also my peonies. I've been resting and reading on Sunday. I now keep that day to lazy around. I've been just too busy to blog about my garden lately.
I haven't heard about the terrible motorcycle accidents either. I hope your week is a summery one.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

I had heard about the motorcycle accident. So sad. My daughter broke her leg in an accident one year. I hate her riding. Its the other folks who dont see them that I worry about why I dont like her on them. Beautiful sculptures! Our town has them too! They are so cool! Cannot wait to see more of your stair risers. Also how fun sweet B will have finding all of the fairies in the book. Janice

yaya said...

We also had a lovely, sunny for a change, weekend. Our driveway was washed out with all these storms and we spent time, along with our boys, putting new stone down. I managed a few times of reading on our deck and enjoyed the pleasant breeze. I would love a screened in porch but I'll enjoy the deck for now! I think I would love working in a book store since I'm always reading something. I'm sure Miss B will enjoy her new book! It's raining again tonight and I'm so hoping our new stone stays in the driveway and not in the ditch across the road!

WoolenSails said...

Whenever I read your blog, I miss being up there, we definitely have to save for a condo so we can spend more time up there when Bill retires. So sad about the accident, so senseless.

Debbie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
How I would LOVE to be able to enjoy the smell of roses while resting on a porch!! Sounds just heavenly!! Those metal sculptures are so unique!!! What an amazing book!! Can you share the name of it? I read about the accident and wondered if it was close to your area!!! Such a terrible thing to happen, and then the other one as well!!! So very sad for all of those families affected by it!!!
Hope your weather continues to be good and that you have a great week!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Sally said...

Your roses are beautiful! I've had a difficult time with grasshoppers here; they love to eat the flowers.

Yes, that was an horrific accident; I feel so badly for the families involved. It seems like every day things get worse like that. :(