Sunday, January 27, 2019

When I Am An Old Lady...

 
I will wear crazy leggings! Of course not in public but
very comfy cozy for home. 

 
We have had the craziest weather 15 inches of snow and freezing cold. Then a few days later pouring rain and temps in the 40's
Of course everything froze up solid what a holy mess. Now we are snowing again and more for Tuesday.

We spent the day with Sweet B on Monday. She decorated 
some heart cookies. We did a dance off of course she won but it was still fun and tired Gramie right out.

Over the weekend she went to a children's clothing store to watch her good friend in a fashion show. they needed more models and 

Sweet B did the job, now look at her how does she know how models walk and stand? OMG

She also drew me a picture, I love the butterfly I want to hook it with the flying heart so cute. 
****

Sat I was suppose to go to a hook in but my stomach did not like the antibiotics I was on. So not much sleep I decided not to 
drive the 2 hours one way down. Plus my hooking buddy was under the weather. I was so sad to miss it.

Later in the day I met up with a friend and we hit the thrifts.
I found this vintage quilt top. I purchased it to use for a table cloth, but I like it so much I might try to finish it. Now mind you I have never finished a quilt in my life but hey how bad can I mess it up??
 
I was trying to not purchase any hooking related items for 6 months but I got this at 60% off. I know if you are a hooker you have seen these. lots of pockets to hold all your goodies. Great for traveling with your hooking.


I guess that resolution didn't last long sigh...
This is my hooking central, messy but mine. I will try to get in as much hooking as I can to finish up the stair risers.

*****
Have a wonderful week 


16 comments:

Saundra said...

Hey woman... I AM OLD and still wear leggings. Just put a long top over and you're good to go. Am at the age that I no longer care what people think. Plus, surround myself with things I enjoy. Happy hooking!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Miss B look so grown up and what a sweet picture she drew for you. I hope you get to hook it.
Hope you are feeling better. Antibiotics sure can mess you up.
Love the quilt top. Good find.
Crazy weather in Ohio, too, but not as bad as yours.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Forgot to mention...fun leggings.

Julia said...

Look at you in those sassy leggins, You're braver than me.
That little Miss B. is such a beauty. She makes a pretty model.
Your hooking chair looks so comfy. If you keep at it, your stair raisers will soon be done. I've been ignoring my hook and have been making puzzles instead.
We seem to have similar weather as you every time.
52 more days to Spring. I had enough of this cold and stormy winter weather.

Stay safe and warm.
Hugs, Julia

Jacqueline said...

Great post. Sounds like a perfect time with your grand daughter

Gretchen Weaver said...

That was a good price on the sale items. Your granddaughter is lovely. You are making good memories with her. Enjoy your quilting adventure!

Three Sheep Studio said...

LOVE those leggings...give yourself permission to wear them everywhere !! They are great.
Your 'girl' sweet Miss B, surely knows how to give those clothes style !
Rose

Farm Girl said...

Oh my goodness what cold!! So much snow. Miss B is so cute and what a nice little model. I am so sorry you didn't get to go to the hook in but I am so glad that you got to go look at antiques. I have some old quilt tops but I have never even tried to finish them.
I love your leggings.
Have a lovely week.

WoolenSails said...

The weather here is horrid, just cold and windy most of the time so can't be outside for long and no snow to play in, lol.
Love that quilt top, nice find and definitely finish it as a quilt. Miss B looks like a natural, definitely makes the clothes work.
Whenever I am on antibiotics, which is a lot, I eat plain greek yogurt, that always seems to keep my stomach in check.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

Miss B is adorable! you might have a model in the family.The quilt top is nice! I would have no clue how to finish it. Snowing all day today and I worked from home until our internet and tv went out. Glad it is back up. Deep freeze on tap in a few days. UGH. Janice

yaya said...

We are in the same weather pattern. Warmish today and then Mr. Freeze hits us on Wednesday! Miss B is a natural! She's so pretty and looks adorable in the clothes! Your hooking central is what I would call "my happy place" if I was actually a hooker! Enjoy! Hope you have a great week.

moosecraft said...

Finishing a quilt is a great way to catch the quilting bug! lol! We've been having the same up's and down's with the weather...fortunately we've dodged any accumulating snow....so far! ;-)

lynda said...

Leggings are great to wear under those dresses that are too short! Love yours!
We had wet snow that froze overnight.. must check horse blankets and make sure everyone is warmly bedded in straw.. too icey to put animals out today... excellent excuse to stay in and hook! Arctic air arrives this afternoon....

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I have been trying to update my clothes. I have 2 pairs of leggings but haven't figured out what top to wear with them! Love the cute modeling..she's so precious! And the quilt top is a great find! Enjoy your week!

Love Affair with Food said...

I like wearing leggings and yes they are so comfortable!

518Frenchgirl said...

Hi Cathy, It has been so long since I read your posts. I have only caught up with 2019s but wanted to first say I hope that crown does the trick and you can finally put that behind you. You have been getting hit pretty hard with all of the snowstorms, cold temps and ice. It's a lot to deal with and makes life harder in so many ways. Why does it have to be so pretty though? I love your hooked stair risers and your cardinal atop the sled. I got that one too, oddly I have not hooked much in January, cut some wool and drew a free hand heart motif for a coffee mug rug,that's all. Now that I know when you post I will keep in better touch and email you sometimes. It was fun doing a group text this week, pretty crazy to wake up to 22 texts! Your granddaughter is precious and you are rocking those Granny leggings! Stay well my friend.