Sunday, January 13, 2019

Stairs

 
We got the snow that was predicted, two storms back to back.


Tuesdays storm wasn't bad but Wed storm was bad. I have never seen the roads as bad as they were Wed morning. We are getting a lot of freezing rain mixed with the snow which makes it heavy which brings branches and trees down on the power lines.

We were without power for about 8 hrs that is why I stayed at work. I would rather be at work then home in the dark. 

Sat bright and early we headed for Sweet B's delayed birthday party. She is in the light blue shirt third from the left.
They were unicorns! we did face painting and a horn from kits all left over from Halloween this year great idea from my thrifty daughter and the girls loved it.

There was candy and snacks, fruit and cupcakes all unicorn theme. She had a blast with her little friends. Her dad is feeling better but still not great so keep those prayers coming for him. 

I looked at my horoscope this weekend and yep that fit what I was working on. 

My stair risers. I have 5 done, one needs a bit of tweaking and none of them are perfect, but but I love them and it looks great on the stairs! I am working on number 6 now.
***
I started getting the bills from my hospital stay earlier in Dec. Yikes! And I get my permanent crown on Wed.(I will be so glad to be done with this tooth) I have not had the estimate of my part on that yet. Hey it's only money right? This cartoon struck me funny and pretty appropriate for me right now. (click on it to make it bigger)
***
We have been in the deep freeze for the past few days.
I am thankful for the wood stove helping with the oil bill and keeping us toasty. We are in for more snow this week, oh spring where are you???
***
Have a wonderful week, I hope you are weathering the winter happy and healthy.



13 comments:

Farm Girl said...


Wow so much snow and cold. Your power was out 8 hours! What a cute birthday party.
I love your stairs!!! That is so cute.
What a great job you have done. I liked the cartoon and the things you like at the end. I like them too. I hope you have a great day. Prepare to see nothing on the news but California drowning. We are going to have some rain, but it is never as bad as they make it seem. You have real weather. I am always so embarrassed when I see the news. :)

yaya said...

I love the stair risers! Your home should be in a magazine. Miss B is so cute! Happy birthday to her! We got about 4 in. Of snow on Saturday. Not as bad as you guys but I'm thinking of spring more and more!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Love the unicorn themed party for sweet B !
Your stair risers are lovely. A very nice touch.
Rose

Julia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miss B. She is growing so fast. I love the unicorn theme. What a sweet girl.

So sorry about your winter journey so far, being so sick and having to pay hospital bills and dentist bills and huge snow storms and having your son in law so sick also. It just doesn't let up, does it? I hope things will improve from now on.

I too am looking forward to spring. Our winter started in early November and I can't wait for spring either. I'm thinking of ordering seeds now that I'm back to my almost normal self. It took me this long to adjust to not having to do my usual barn chores and work non stop. I didn't feel like doing anything, not even getting ready for Christmas.

I hope thing will go smoothly from here on for you. I'll pray for Miss B.'s father.

Hugs, Julia

WoolenSails said...

What a fun party and fun to have fun, without spending a fortune on fancy parties, I think some people get so carried away.
Glad your SIL is feeling better, prayers that he continues to heal.
We had some snow spitting at us today, we may get a storm coming up, I am sure Bean will love it.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

Oh my freezing rain with heavy snow does make for a bad storm, and then to have them back to back. Not fun at all. Seems like unicorn parties are all the rage right now. Sweet B's looked fun and colorful. Not sure if I have told you this before, but We have a small coffee shop in the town I work at, which is also a small restaurant and filled with old books for folks to read. It is called the Raven and everything on the menu is Edgar Allen Poe related. It is a pretty cool place to go. Oh almost forgot...love your stair risers...especially the bunny one. I am a lover of all that is bunny and hares. Janice

Rugs and Pugs said...

I just LOVE your stair risers. Such an ambitious project.
Cute unicorns. They sure come in a lot of different heights. Are they all the same age?
I hope winter eases up for you.
Warm hugs 😊
Lauren

Rugs and Pugs said...

And happy birthday to Miss B.

Julia said...

Hi Cathy, I have a short term memory problem sometimes and I realized that I had forgotten to mention how lovely your stair risers were. You've been busy hooking. It's a great way to display your art.
Hugs, Julia

moosecraft said...

Your stair risers are looking awesome! They add such warmth and art to your home!
Happy Birthday to Miss B! Everyone looks like they are having a great time!
Keep warm with all this snow....I'd much rather be cutting grass or raking leaves....*sigh*....

P.J. said...

Happy Birthday B! So glad you were only without power for less than a day. The winter scenery is more beautiful when it doesn't come the impairments of outages and treacherous driving conditions. Your stair risers are beautiful and how amazing that your horoscope nailed it!! Keep warm and cozy by the fire.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I love the stairs too! I am sure you are tiring of the snow as I am wishing for some here! But agree with you - nothing to like about losing the power!

Terra said...

Your stair risers are very charming, a clever idea. You asked in a comment on my blog how people in the USA can watch Call My Agent (French TV show) and Still Game (Scottish TV show), and I watch them via Netflix. Netflix costs about $9 a month and if a relative has Netflix they can add you as a family member so if they add you it would cost you nothing.