Monday, June 4, 2018

Better Late Than Never

This rock showed up at our house. I had never seen it around the house before but 
 I like the sentiment. Maybe a hint from above?

If you click on this picture you can see 5 cormorants (birds) in this tree!
They are huge birds and to all be in this tree was amazing. 
My friend and I were by the lake when we saw this.

Sweet B had a dance recital this weekend it always reminds
me of the years of recitals that we had to attend for her mom. 
Second from the left in the glasses.

My sweet sweet girl how I love her.

A book of North American crafts came in the store I work in and this was in it!
look at that bed rug oooh how I would love to hook one!


What a project that would be! I will save it for retirement.

Never got out of the 40's here with rain which we need.
So a small fire was in order to chase the chill.

Yes I am still hooking seems like it has taken me a long time.
We are watching Acorn TV in the evenings which we love and I hook.
So that is what has been happening here. I have been gardening and cleaning things out. I am trying to walk most days and avoid the ticks.
Have a great Week

9 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

I just can't believe how grown up Miss B has gotten! Just too cute ❤️❤️❤️
Carpe diem is a great thing to embrace.

Farm Girl said...

I love that bed quilt. That would be wonderful to have. If we ever got cold.
I can't believe you are still having such cool weather. Urg ticks. I hate them!
Your grand daughter is just adorable. I bet it brings back such memories. Your rug looks wonderful. Nice rock and a good reminder. I hope you have a lovely week.

WoolenSails said...

I haven't found any rocks lately, and need to paint some more. I notice people post when they hide rocks and then others run out to get them, seems to be missing the point. Miss B is such a delight, I know the feeling, our grandkids are the best.

Debbie

Saundra said...

A bed rug or anything that size is out of the question for me. It would be way too huge for even the largest rug frame I own and would be awkward to maneuver and hook. Miss B is growing up before my eyes.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Miss B is precious! I spy an African violet...I love them and am currently nurturing eight of them! Your rug is looking good!
Robyn

Julia said...

That little rock from heaven seems to have a big message on it that is close to the heart.
I agree with Lauren, that Miss B. is sure growing up and I can see why she's the apple of your eye. Such a darling girl.

That bed rug is impressive and I read it's hooked with a punch needle and yarn. What a huge project. I never saw a real one up close. It's cool and drizzly here so I'm tidying the house today.
Have a great week and think about the message on that little rock.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

We have cormorants too! Miss B is a cutie petutie! My 10 yr old granddaughter just broke her arm...just in time for Summer I am afraid. Love that bed rug...my kitties would get it all hairy if I tried to make one. Good luck when you do. Janice

Judy said...

I love those dance recitals.
My granddaughter is nearly 22 and still dances ballet and was in a recital a couple of weeks ago. She now teaches ballet too.
Seems like I have been going to dance recitals forever.

Pam said...

Have not done dance recitals in many years. My daughter was into it all when she was 4,5, and 6 now she is 37! They grow fast!! haha...We do drop rocks where I live, 615 Rocks on Facebook. It is a cool thing all over the US. Enjoy.