Monday, May 21, 2018

An Old Soul..

My Daughter and Son In Law sent us flowers for Mother's day and get well for husband. So beautiful!

Sweet B drew inside my mother's day card. It's a keeper!

Husband was well enough to take a trip to their house so we went for a walk in the woods. Sweet B found Lady Slippers (flowers)

 
She carefully took pictures of them and then made a video of all the pictures she took to music. She loves nature and animals, my mother would have been head over heals for her, I know I am!
She has such a wonderful soul. I can never get enough of her.

Between operations and just plain busy I hadn't gotten together with my friend for about a month. which is rare for us. So we headed to a local restaurant/bar for a drink and a look at the view. 
People come from far away to vacation here. We try to make full use of the area, we feel pretty blessed to live here.
( the white tent? they were getting ready for a wedding that weekend)

So I have decided winter is like childbirth. At the beginning you are excited for those first few flakes, 
Then deep into winter you want it over!!!!
By the time spring really comes your memories are vague of the cold and piles of snow and you're just happy spring is here. 

****
I saw this on the Old Tattered Flag site and loved it. So I am passing it on!
Have a great week.

11 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Sweet B is awesome. I loved flowers as a child too. I even loved weeding. You live in an area like we do. Folks pay to come here for vacations. We are blessed too! Love your flowers! Great Mother's Day gift...especially that drawing. Janice

yaya said...

Give a hug and get well wishes from me to your hubby. Hope he's 100% soon. Your Miss B is so sweet and adorable. I think you do live in an amazing place! One day we're going to head to Maine and maybe take in your beautiful state too..someday when I retire! Take care!

Judy said...

I love everything about this post!!!
We rarely see Lady's Slippers in our woods.
They are protected by law not to pick or dig up.

WoolenSails said...

Miss B is such a sweet soul, she will make a difference in this world, for the better.
I do love your area. I cancelled our trip to the keene area, but it seems the camps are full that week, must be an event going on.
We may do a stay cation and do some things that are nicer on weekdays without the crowds.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

That is a very cute saying. It made me giggle. Yes, spring is like that isn't it. I liked your analogy.
How hope you have a delightful week. Not to many visits to the doctor. I love your Mother's Day card, it is a keeper.
Miss B is very sweet not to mention creative. Grands are just the best aren't they?

Julia said...

I love your Mother's day bouquet. Such pretty flowers.
I'm sorry that you haven't been with your friends in a month. I sure hope your husband is feeling better. We may be wiser when we get older but by golly, we start to fall apart a bit, don't we? Wishing your husband quick healing. It's nice that you could get away for a little drink and good company.

I'm telling you that Miss B. sounds like a sweet little thing. I'm so glad she is part of your life, bringing you some sunshine ebven on gloomy days.

Take care and thanks for sharing your world with us.
Hugs, Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

Miss B's drawing would make a sweet hooked mat.
Cute little saying.
Happy to hear hubby is on the mend.
xoxo

Jennie in GA said...

She is a lovely young lady. I am sure you enjoy her.

moosecraft said...

Happy to hear Husband was well enough for walks. Being outdoors and fresh air will help the healing! Love that little glow worm saying! :-)

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
Such lovely flowers and a darling drawing by your dear Sweet B! So happy to hear hubby is on the mend and hope he heals quickly!! That view is just gorgeous and how I would love to be able to visit and enjoy it in person!!
Hope you have a wonderful week and get some hooking time, too!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Anonymous said...

B is cute as can be and how wonderful that she enjoys nature. I hope your husband continues to improve. Thanks for sharing the photos from your visit with your friend - I love weddings - anybody's wedding! lol
Have a nice weekend.