Sunday, June 17, 2018

Another Week....

We went to visit my daughter and son in law at the place they are camping in Maine. Miss B thought it was selfie time. 
(love that toothless grin, Her's not mine) 

Of course we celebrated father's day early.
We are playing uno with her while her parents cook lunch.
She is a card shark!

Of course Pepe had his coffee from his new mug this morning.
Just perfect!

Our little bathing beauty she is like a fish in the water.
We rented a paddle boat and mostly went around in circles just crazy.

We walked down to another part to fish and saw these. Not sure if it is where a fish laid eggs or a turtle because we saw a huge turtle!
I think snapping turtles lay theirs on land.

Today we went out to lunch and walked around a local antique shop. This shop is a bunch of junk really nothing wonderful but I always feel you find a gem now and then. This is a handmade box with tiger maple top and bottom and bird's eye maple sides.
It is signed and dated. 10.00 crazy price for this beautiful box.
Husband is going to use it on his bureau.

Then we found this sweet trencher hand carved it is small
about a foot long it is maple and you see bits of bird's eye maple on the bottom. 6.00. I oiled it and plan on using it in the kitchen.
***
I met the new fiber group mostly knitters and one needle felter. 
Very nice ladies but not sure it's my group but time will tell.
I did start my next 3 stair risers I haven't done anything with the first three yet.
***
We are going into the heat this week,not my favorite. 
We have had such beautiful weather I can't complain I guess.
It will pass.
The summer solstice is this Thur so dance by the moon and welcome summer! Last night before going to bed I noticed fireflies in our back yard. It Always makes me think of my childhood.
How I Love to see them.
Happy Summer!

8 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

How are you my dear friend?! I don't get to visit everyone's blogs as often as I'd like these days. I hope you had a wonderful time with your family! So good to see you still on here as well. =) xo, Jeanine

Saundra said...

Wow, Miss B is growing up so fast. Not sure what species of turtles you have where you live but in Delaware many turtles lay their eggs on land other than snappers. Two beauties come to mind and posted about them during the last year. Just today there was a Delaware. Not sure if this photo will come thru but will try. hmmm, guess not.

Judy said...

What a fun time with the kiddos

WoolenSails said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time together, one lake we have not been to.
Nice finds, love junk shops like that, always something hidden on the shelves.
Our heat will end tomorrow night, so nice weather with the humidity.

Debbie

Julia said...

It sounds like you had a very nice week with the people you love most. Wow on the beautiful maple box and the other piece, can't think of the name right now. Time for bed.

Great selfie of Miss B and you.Happy Father's Day to your hubby.
Hugs, Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a great pic of you and Miss B. LOVE it.
Great finds on the box and trencher.
Home tomorrow. Though it is wonderful to see my son, I am ready to be home. Grandson is having a ball. Does my heart good ❤️❤️❤️

Prims By The Water said...

Love that mug! Great toothless grin too!!! We have turtles that lay turtles in our yard each year. They are painted and box turtles. Cannot wait to see your latest risers. Janice

yaya said...

What a fun time! You've described my favorite things to do...especially looking for bargains in unexpected places! Miss B is so adorable and really getting big! Have a good week. We're getting out of the heat with storms coming in. I'm ready for a cool down!