Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cleaning, decorating, and baking DONE

Well the party is tomorrow night I have worked myself to death and I pray they don't open a closet. I am as done as I will ever be and I am done baking,decorating, and cleaning, These are yeast rolls with cranberries.                                                                                                                                           
 this is one of my favorite christmas decorations. He is a needled felted santa.  My daughter went to  college in Rhode Island. Once when visiting we attended a holiday fair and I bought santa. He was very reasonable and handmade by a lady in town.
 After we left Ashley went back to the fair, got the name of the lady who felted him, and had her make me a mrs santa. The lady said "well I have never made one but for you I will give it a try" This is my favorite decoration! how could it not be? I have the most amazing daughter and she still amazes me everyday. Ok yes I am gushing. How could I not?
 My kitchen tour a few people wished they could see out the window in the sitting area. I get to see the sun come up and have my coffee in the morning.
Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Julia said...

I love your Mr and Mrs Santa Claus. Your daughter is a darling. I can almost taste those fresh cranberry rolls. Your party will be a hit for sure. Can't wait to hear about your party. Get some rest. JB

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
The rolls look and sound so very yummy!
How thoughtful of your daughter! I have two boys and they would NEVER think to do something like that...lol...but I'm guessing most boys wouldn't.
Any more news on the baby's possible arrival date?
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I love your Mr. & Mrs. Claus! What a sweet daughter you have. Enjoy the festivities....
★Linda★
Please consider losing the word verification to make your posts more blogger-friendly by making commenting easier. You can always employ the owner approval. I am on a mission to make blogs more reader friendly, enabling us to read more and leave more comments! Thanks!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Beautiful decorations and the rolls look delicious! What a beautiful view out your kitchen window! Would you PLEASE come to my house and help me? I'll feed you!

Mary

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

The felted Claus couple are a treasure. Anytime I receive a gift from one of my kids I gush too. Its allowed. The view you look at while drinking your morning coffee is lovely. Hope the party was a great success.

Kim said...

Add me to the list that think Mr. and Mrs. Clause are adorable! Make sure you take time to enjoy the party yourself. You have worked so hard.

Kim @ Touch of Nostalgia said...

You had me smiling on your closets. ;) Your cranberry rolls look delicious! You do have the most precious daughter. Your Mr. and Mrs. Claus are adorable. I'd love having an area like you do to watch the sun rise. :)

moosecraft said...

"I hope no one opens a closet door" lol! Love that! ;-) Mr and Mrs Claus are adorable and what your daughter did makes them both so special! Would LOVE to have that view out any of my windows!!!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey I don't blame you for gushing over your sweet daughter for doing this because I love them both.
I was just thinking today that how my daughter is the only one that has ask me of my children what I would like for Christmas. lol
Glad your party turned out for you. boy does your rolls look yummy.
As you know from my post I am so far behind but I had to come by and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas
Love ya
Maggie

Privet and Holly said...

Hi Cathy! Nothing
IS sweeter than a
daughter and how lucky
to have one who loves
you so. Looks like
you have been VERY busy;
thank you for taking the
time to leave me your
lovely comment. Here's
a big wish for that lovely
grandchild to be happy
and healthy ~ congrats!
xx Suzanne