Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow Snow Snow

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We just made it home before it started to snow last night and we woke up to this and it is still snowing. Time to do some cleaning and maybe pull out my hooking.
this is the tree that I hung the gingerbread men on you can see that there are no men left. It was so cute to see the red squirrel grab a man and run like crazy so the other squirrels didn't see him.                       
 And still no baby news. My daughter was not happy I took this picture but how wonderful and cozy do they look? I have a wonderful son-in-law and he gave my daughter some thoughtful wonderful gifts.
We had a great Christmas so I now need to detox from all the chocolate I consumed. Oh my goodness it was a lot of sweets and food in general. We did the scratch tickets that we usually do no big winners. My husband collected all the losers and wanted to enter them into second chance the lottery has on line. He was entering and found a 60.00 winner oh yea! glad we took the losers.
Hope you're all warm and cozy.

15 comments:

Julia said...

It must seem so long a wait for your daughter. I hope that she delivers soon and that the weather is good for the delivery day. I'm glad that you had a good Christmas. Now Christmas is over it's on to the New Year. I'm feeding birds and there are three squirrels that steal their food and they are getting very fat. They are quite interesting to watch though. Have a great week. JB

The Barn Door said...

What a nice picture of the expectant parents! Those babies....they just have their own time frame don't they!

Cathy G. said...

Cathy,
I'm so glad you decided to turn in the losers!
I'll bet the squirrels are wondering if you're doing any more gingerbread for New Years! ;-)
Sure hope that baby comes soon! Your daughter looks more than ready!!
Copy on that chocolate detox.....but someone gave me another box for my birthday..sigh....
Cathy G

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Love the picture of your daughter and her husband. I hope she delivers her baby soon. The snow is really beautiful and I am so happy to have a blanket of white over the area.

Thrifty Chic said...

Mom!! What an alwful picture of me, Brynlee looks like she could be a 15 lb. baby with the size of my belly in that picture!

acorn hollow said...

only you feel that way you look beautiful! love you.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
Tell your DD that the picture is beautiful and she doesn't look like she is ready to deliver (though I know she is ready!).
That is a gorgeous view out your window.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Lisa said...

Cathy, I bet the squirrels in your neighborhood love you! I can just picture them running with the loot. I am glad to hear you had a nice holiday. I am excited about your new additions arrival. I hope all goes well. Lisa

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy,I bet your excited to see your grandbaby.Cheri

newburyarts said...

*****i'm an ob/gyn...so tell your daughter that it is ALWAYS the baby who decides on when the
presentation will occur, barring any medical complications. this latest snowfall here should have done the trick...it's the barometric pressure changes that send everyone into labor.
good luck!!!

Donna said...

Actually both pictures look sos peaceful and cozy! Enjoy the last few mooments of peace and anticipation...the fun will soon begin!!!

Missy said...

I LOVE baby bellies!
Especially with other people!

LOL Stay warm!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Aw what a wonderful post. So glad I stopped by today.
Just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year.
Thanks for being such a good friend
Love
Maggie

vintagesue said...

i ate a bunch of chocolate too!!! and still am!!! i can't stop eating junk and sweets this time of year. the temptation is way too strong!!!
your snow is so pretty. hope your daughter gets some comfort soon!! i remember that last month of pregnancy and how the anticipation is overwhelming!!!! very exciting.
take care!!!!
sue

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Happy to hear you had a wonderful Christmas, hopefully your daughter and son-in-law will give you a grandchild before the New Year! Wouldn't that be a fantastic end to 2010 and a great way to kick off the New Year! Good going on the scratch tickets!

Mary