Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Very Full Weekend

It is snowing outside my kitchen window this morning which cancelled a trip to my daughters.
 So I plan to snuggle in and watch old Christmas movies. The Christmas party was a great success. I am not sure if I ever said that my husband teaches at a tec high school. He teaches building trades. 2 of his coworkers brought guitars. one is a plumbing teacher, the other is the auto tec teacher. We sang carols sooooo wonderful! And ate amazing food that everyone brought.
 On Saturday two friends and I went to a couple of Christmas open houses. They were selling craft items and antiques. This is the second house. She told us she plans to put it up for sale in the spring. It is in a small amazing New England town and the house is old but has been redone inside and out. Both of my friends turn to me and said you should buy this house. Well first I have a house, and second I want to be closer to my daughter and this would be 1/2 hour further away.
 It is in the center of town, This what it over looks. I did buy a few things a Susan Branch Christmas book, a pair of tin sconces, and some yummy Russian tea that she mixes herself.
 We made a few other stops and had lunch such a fun day. I got myself a few goodies along the way. a whole box of vintage ornaments for 6.00.
 My best find was one more piece of the pottery I am collecting. Not good color in this picture but the top is a blue green and the bottom a chocolate brown.
My husband and I went Christmas shopping last night and parked in front of a supermarket was this coke truck. Amazing right! The whole side was light bulbs.
Most of my Christmas shopping is done I may pick up a few stocking things when we go away next weekend. We do not do a lot of Christmas shopping I buy all year at yard sales and thrift stores now before you gasp in horror it is something that my daughter and I set up last year, we loved it so much we did it again this year. For my two close friends we do the same. And you would be amazed at how many things I find with all the tags on them. Does it really matter where it comes from if it is new? It makes for a less stressful holiday. I hope your weekend was fun or relaxing. have a great day.

12 comments:

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

You have more energy than anyone I know! How did you manage to throw a Christmas party and then go get shopping with a friend the following day and later in the evening with your hubby! I would have been on the couch! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Cathy G. said...

Cathy,
You are doing the Holidays up right! So glad the party was wonderful! Singing carols with guitar music is the best!!
I didn't know there was another way to Christmas shop.....LOL All year long at sales for as long as I can remember here!
Sweet Holiday Blessings!
Cathy G

moosecraft said...

Oh how I would LOVE to buy that house! I can already see a wool studio above the garage!!!! :-) Sorry the snow cancelled your visit with your daughter... maybe next weekend will be better. That Coca-Cola Truck is so cool!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thrifts store and yard sales are great.I have found many a treasure . The trick is to see what is a treasure at antique stores first. I have never seen a coke truck like that. Good pictures. I am glad you had fun, Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
What a fun weekend! I've been decorating ~ I'm finally almost done. Last night my grandson spent the night. You have so much to look forward to. Soon, very soon :)
Oh, I love that house! I'd look good there...lol!
Hugs :)
Lauren

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I agree with Mary from Ocean Breezes. What energy who have. My sister-in-law is just like you, go,go go. Love that white house by the way. My husband and I always wished we invested in a house up there for my daughter to live while she is in school. But then again you need some money to do that. Three kids in college leave your pockets rather empty.

barbara said...

Always love seeing those New England houses. You got some amazing, amazing ornaments there! I clicked on the picture so I could look closer and admire.

Julia said...

I'm glad that your party went well and that you enjoyed yourself. That's a beautiful house and it looks so big. Love your vintage ornaments. what a bargain. JB

Donna said...

It all looks so picturesque!!! I'd love to be there just to hear the music!!!

lace & arsenic said...

...and i am envious...awesome!

Unknown said...

i love the picture of that beautiful home...can you tell me what town that is? I'm from Oregon but my mom grew up in Massachusetts...the house and the bandstand look awfully familiar!...but maybe there are many homes in New England that look like this! Beautiful!
Merry Christmas,
karen

Donna said...

Lol....I was thinking it looks very Familiar to me as well.I live in Somersworth N.H. We usually go to Strawberry Banke at Christmas... but just did not get there this year,And it's sad because we're only 20 or less minutes from there if we take the Highway. Merry Christmas.. Donna