Sunday, December 19, 2010

Weekend Wind Up

Big weekend and lots of pictures so get a cup of tea and join me. First on Friday I went to the dump before work and found 2 of these chairs they are iron. I do not believe they have ever been used. Do you see the white seats???? not a speck on them. I think I may sell them. and the little snowman angel has never been used just put a tea light in and he looks so sweet. I have a friend that would love him.
 After work I had to make a drop at the thrift store and you know I can't drop and go. So I found this sweet red sweater, and a table cloth I think it is a reproduction material but the blue is so my kitchen. The little stars are not German, but I love the color and sparkle and for .25 for all it's a sale.
Then Saturday morning we headed for Portsmouth for some shopping ,we had tickets for Strawbery bank evening stroll. It was a fun day we did very little shopping mostly window shopping and enjoying the day and being away.  The first things we saw at strawbery bank was ginger bread houses.                                  
 Stawbery banke has a lot of houses that they have been restored to the original period they were build. You get to see how Christmas came to America and how it was celebrated. Me, I was all about the dishes.
Can you believe how beautiful these are and the built in alone is beautiful Yes it is curved.

 This pewter is so me. I love that the cupboard is a built in and has given me an idea that maybe my husband might be able to do for me. His honey do list is getting longer.
 Ooooh I am in love with this cupboard look at that beautiful wood.
 There were players in period costume and they would talk as if they were living in that period and speak to you like you were just visitors to their home.
 And of course it was decorated. I just lost a picture of wreath that I loved! oh that makes me mad! Well any way. It was crowded and cold but I really enjoyed myself. I think the one that spoke the most to my husband and me was the house built in 1957 it was all very familiar. There was a Bonfire that we sat around and then we went to dinner. I have lots more to tell you about, but I will not bore you now. I hope that your weekend was wonderful and you are ready for Christmas so that you can really enjoy the next few days as they were meant to be. Still no baby news my daughter is tired and very ready. She keeps having false labor so she is ready for that baby.
Thank you for all of your wonderful comments I really enjoy them so much. Talk to you soon!

10 comments:

saltbox
treasures
said...

Hi. Thanks for your comment. You asked some questions about our house. With a saltbox home we have lots of windows. With the shades open, we get lots of light. We love our red walls in the living room and dining room. Even though red is not considered a calm color, we sit in our living room and find it a very calm and relaxing place. There are no electronics or tv in the living room.
Hope you're having a great weekend.
~ Julie

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Love those chairs! AND your other goodies! Love that built in cupboard too, it's so nice that it doesn't take up ANY room... Your hubby's to do list is a great list!!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours,
Hugs, Donna

Kim said...

I just read another blog who was talking about the Strawberry Bank walk. It sounds awesome. And yes, that chair you found is great.
I hope good baby news come soon. Your daughter must be getting tired.
Kim

Larkrise garden girl said...

Boy what fun,I love the spinning wheel, Cheri

Julia said...

You're a treasure hunter like me. Finding two good iron chairs was agreat find and the tablecloth matches the blue lines on your floor too, JB

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Great finds. I love the chairs. We love Portsmouth too. You can spend a fortune in all the lovely shops. I love the Stonewall Kitchen Store there. Its a rather small store, but they have all the yummy food products that they are famous for.

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

I luv some of the primatives in that home. Just beautiful goodies. Thanks for sharing..........TALLULAH'S

Donna said...

Beautiful ideas and dishes!! No new baby yet?? I bet you are on pins and needles waiting! We had a new grandbaby last Christmas and it was so much fun! Christmas at your house will be wonderful!!!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Maybe you'll get a grandbaby for a Christmas gift although I'll be the new mommy wishes it would come sooner!

I love the tablecloth you picked up at the thrift shop! Would love to find something like that in my local shop.

Merry Christmas to you!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cathy ~
Thanks for sharing the Strawberry Bank walk. It looks like it was great fun.
After catching up on a few blogs (I am way behind!) I hope to finish the wrapping. I'd really like to find a few spare minutes to hook ~ if I remember how...lol!
Merry Christmas and hope to hear some baby news soon :)
Hugs :)
Lauren