Sunday, May 8, 2022

A Little Of This And A Little of that

This was vintage fair weekend. Husband and his brother had a space.
Acorn Hollow Woodworking.... love it.

This is a jelly cupboard he made. Notice the wooden hinges.

I did walk around a bit today I saw this woman who carves mushrooms in all sizes so sweet I thought sweet B needed a pair. 

I have not hooked much this past week we have been getting ready for having my brother-in-law and his wife here for the weekend. It is always fun and good for a few laughs. I did get a stem fixed much better to me.

And I did get a flower hooked. 

I had a Dorr mill gift certificate and they offered free shipping, so the time was right for some new wool.

They gave us brain teasers at work I got this one tricycle 

But I am stumped on this one. Any ideas?

 

Who is that tapping on our window??
The feeder was empty lol. 
***
I hope all mothers had a good day doing whatever made them happy.

To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven. 
Karen Sunde
****
My hooking pal and I are off for a weekend of rug hooking next weekend! I just found out that they forgot to give me the time off from work hmmm I do think they have a problem....
Have a great week!



7 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

A beautiful bird! Your rug is looking good and the cabinet is nice too! Happy Mother's Day! Janice

Saundra said...

Love how you have your priorities, THEY have a problem, lol. That bird tapping made me smile. I've had humming birds fly up to my face and hover before, telling me they need fresh liquid. Now I forget what else I was going to mention. Happy Mother's Day.

Julia said...

Happy Mother's Day Cathy.
I love those little mushrooms and hubby's jelly cupboard is lovely.
I think the brain teaser is "Your under arrest". You got to love those brain teasers.

I hope you still can get away to your hook-in.
Hugs, Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yup...Julia beat me "You r under arrest" LOL. I love rebus riddles. Hubby's jelly cabinet is wonderful. I've never seen wooden hinges like that? I'd like to see how they work. Your hooked flowers are looking good...at least you have hooked some...me, not at all. I've been struggle with my back more than usual of late and hooking seems to excaberate the discomfort/pain. Not sure how I am going to manage the spring cleanup. How fun to be off for a weekend of hooking. Hooking is always more fun with friends. 😉
~Robin~

Jeanie said...

I love the cabinet you showed they made! And I'm such a sucker for red dotted mushrooms. They are just happy fairy tale houses for me! Looks like a terrific day!

yaya said...

I'm horrible at brain teasers! I'm such a black and white kind of gal I guess! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and that vintage fair looks like it was so fun! I love those. I hope your hubby sold lots of stuff. He's very talented! Enjoy your hooking weekend!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Whew, glad that the brain teaser was already solved, Cathy. Your husband's craftsmanship is beautiful and hope he had a successful day at the crafts fair. The mushrooms were very cute and sure that B will like them. Hope that work realizes the mistake so you can enjoy the getaway.