Sunday, November 7, 2021

What I Did With MY Extra Hour

I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. 4 of us gathered 
at a friend's home in Maine on a lovely lake. 
(sunrise)

 
The 4 of us have not been together in several years.
But the laughter and the conversation picked right up where we left off it seems. We all said that even though we have missed each other, when we come together we are as close and comfortable as always. I love that so much.  We drank wine and ate great food. And we slept in down covered beds. 
The next morning we headed out antiquing and met up with the rest of our women's group. 

Where we shopped and lunched just a perfect day. 
We have all known each other for many years. Our kids were in school together. of course they are all grown and on their own now. 

I bought a crystal to make the light dance in the kitchen.
and a hand made broom. It has become kind of a collection of mine and they are very reasonable to collect. 


It truly was sweet sorrow when we parted. No one wants that kind of fun to end. But I am sure we will do it again very soon. 

I made mini pumpkin breads for breakfast to take with me and left my husband some for his breakfast.

So what I did with my extra hour this morning? I cleaned the frig out, bleached and wiped it all down. PHEW! It was worse than I thought. 
I found a couple of 1/2 apples and a pear so I made a tart with puff pastry. It is sparse but good. I also made a cheesy broccoli soup for tonight. 
This has been a very busy week. Monday I went to out to lunch with a friend who I use to work with and again have not seen in some time. she has been making these gourds, It lights up! I just love it and so me!
***
I have taken quite a few vacation days off the past month. So it is back to the grind. LOL really it is not that bad it is just the working thing cuts into my fun things. 
Have a wonderful week and if you have a friend who you have not heard from in some time, Pick up the phone or send a note.
Friends are so important.
Have a great week.






11 comments:

Saundra said...

Wow you had quite a large group and I know the two way in the back aren't part of your group, or I don't think. Your breads look yummy as does the tart.

Julia said...

Your girl getaway sounds like a lot of fun. It's so nice to have a group photo to cherish until next time. You all have something to look forward to doing again next year.

You spent your extra hour wisely. I just lazied around as Sunday is my no-work day. I worked 7 days year-round for years so now I take it easy when I can. However, I made some turkey soup and hot biscuits for supper. Well, I still have to eat. Your mini pumpkin loaves look yummy.
Take care.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

So glad you had a wonderful time with your friends! I plan on doing some antiquing myself in a few weeks with my mom. Soup and bread sounds yummy too! Janice

Rugs and Pugs said...

You are one wild and crazy woman using your hour to clean the fridge...lol!
What fun with you and your gal pals!!!
Beautiful pictures at the lake.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you had such a great time. Getting together with "old" friends sounds like so much fun. I hope the week ahead is a good one for you. :-)

yaya said...

A fun trip and a clean fridge..a win win! You scored some cute items and had a good time with friends and yes, friends are important! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Olde Dame Holly said...

What a wonderful bunch of ladies you are! I am glad to hear of your reunion with old friends. But gosh, you paid for it with that fridge-cleaning chore! But now it will be fresh for the holidays.

Dicky Bird said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with friends.
Productive use of the time too.

TheCrankyCrow said...

As a representative of the fun police, I do believe you have been have a bit more than your share of fun lately. Seriously...lucky you! It sounds like another fabulous adventure! I've never had that large a group of friends...guess it's a byproduct of growing up where I did and now living where I do. The lake photos are so beautiful! Those pumpkin breads look soooo good! As for "my" extra hour...I do believe I spent it laying awake trying to convince myself to go back to sleep because I had an extra hour...but it didn't work. No loss I suppose, though, because there is no way that I could ever clean MY frig in an hour LOL. ~Robin~

WoolenSails said...

Catching up with blogs finally. You have been busy and I really enjoyed the rug show. I am jealous of your lake get away, I really need one of those but it will have to wait till next year.

Debbie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, friends are very important and the time spent together is meaningful in so many ways. It looked and read like you all had a great getaway and what a great location too.