Wednesday, August 11, 2021

August Is That You??

My tomatoes are finally getting ripe, what didn't rot on the vine that 
is. And it is hot!!! We had a hot June and then a very rainy and cold July. Well August has come roaring back! we are suppose to get very close to 100 for the next couple of days which is rare for us, and very humid. The good news is fall is around the corner.

 
Sweet B went to robotics camp and my daughter has some free time we met for a short hike and she bought me lunch.
We do not get much time that is just us so it was a very rare treat. One I loved!!
***
My good deed of the week was last Sat coming home from work I saw a large bear cross in front of me about 1/8th of a mile away. I get to where she crossed and on the far left out pop two little heads! It was just below a hill that is kind of a busy road. I stopped and put my flashers on. I thought I will get out and walk to the top of the hill 
to stop any traffic and then I looked to my right and there sat mother bear. Well she would have no idea what I was doing and I sure could not out run her so I sat in the car and prayed. They took their sweet time crossing and they had just got over the yellow line to my side of the road and down comes a motorcycle. He slows down when he sees my flashers and looks around and spotted the babies. He had the biggest grin gave me a thumbs up and went on his way. 
Baby bears are just the sweetest. And I didn't think to film it until I got home! I was so worried they would get run over.
***
Have a great week!

9 comments:

Saundra said...

I love my critters too, large and small, dangerous or not. I've stopped in the middle of the road to move a turtle across the road. And like you, I'd stayed in the car with mama bear watching because she could out run you.

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a wonderful "feel-good" post....Love the photo of beautiful you and your beautiful daughter. I'm glad you had some girl time together. And "awww" on the sweet bear story.... Yes, those cub are adorable little bundles of fur. Glad they made it safely across. Our summer is complete off her meds. NEVER have we been so wet in a summer. Over 10" in the past 2 weeks....and severe storms rolled through again today...terrible flooding. Stay cool...and eat tomatoes! ~Robin~

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, that is quite a story about the bear. So glad you could get together with your daughter for a hike and lunch. So nice. We have a lot of delicious tomatoes in our garden here too! So yummy! Glad your week is going well. See you again soon. :-)

Julia said...

WHEN YOU SEE BEAR CUBS, YOU CAN BE SURE THAT MOTHER BEAR IS NOT FAR AWAY. YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE TO STAY IN THE CAR and so kind of you to wait with your blinkers on to warn other travelers.

My tomatoes are still green but the cherry tomatoes are turning pink so we'll be eating sweet tomatoes soon. It's raining now but the sun is supposed to come out and warm things up this afternoon. At least the lawn is very green as opposed to brown in August.

I love the picture of you and your daughter but I can't see your eyes with the sunglasses.

Take care and stay safe from Mama Bear.
Hugs, Julia

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That's a nice shot of you and your daughter and good to read that you ere able to spend time together. As a fan of teddy bears, I can imagine what it was like seeing the baby bears and glad all were safe thanks to your good deed!

Hill Top Post said...

Mother/daughter time together is oh so special. My daughter and I have missed out a lot on our times together the past year. I am sure Mother Bear appreciated your efforts at making sure she and the cubs made it safely aross the highway.

Rugs and Pugs said...

It was smart to stay in your car. A close encounter with a bear is not a good idea!!!

yaya said...

What a nice photo of you and your daughter! Our weather had been hot in July and so far that's the pattern going for August. Plus we had lots of rain and then nothing for over a week. Didn't take long for the yard to get a bit brown before the rains returned. Seems like weird weather all over the country along with fires. How neat to see those cubs! It was nice of you to make sure they had a safe journey. Plus I'm sure the motorcycle dude appreciated not hitting them too! Have a good weekend!

Prims By The Water said...

What a sweet gesture on your part. So glad the babies made it across and so glad the mama bear did not go after you. Janice