Tuesday, June 15, 2021

We Have Been Away...

So my rug hooking buddy and roommate when we go on our hooking retreats is also my husband's cousin. She has a lovely place at the beach...

That she shared with us...

We saw family and friends we have not seen for a very long time.

We had an evening with my husbands brothers and their wives, we laughed and told family stories, such a wonderful evening. 

I got up early and walked to get us some donuts while there. I only bought a few and asked for a plastic bag to put them in as I was walking.
yup! I get to walk home advertising I just bought donuts lol.
Husband has not been away from home since before covid hit. It was rejuvenating and wonderful. Just want we both needed.
****

My rose bush is in full glory and smells wonderful
***


Friday I walked into work and this guy "the rolling 88" was playing his grand piano! He is known all over the area, he just shows up and plays. Last time I saw him (months and months ago)he was at the recycling center! He is a music teacher at a local private school. It is always a wonderful surprise to see him.

So we feel rested and ready for another week.
****
I have an appointment tomorrow to get my permanent bridge put in.
Thank goodness, I have not been a fan of this at all! it took 3 weeks to get it back because they are so backed up. 
***
Sweet B gets out of school a week before her mother so we get to have her a couple of days next week yipeeeee!
***
Have a wonderful safe week.

11 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you were able to get away and enjoy seeing family again. Your roses are beautiful. So glad you get to spend some time with your granddaughter next week. Enjoy! See you again soon!

Saundra said...

I don't even know the piano teacher but tell him I'm in love with him and his attitude. Glad you had a great time to get away and relax.
You mentioned a 'bridge' are you saying a crown with a bridge in the mouth? I've had one which (knock on wood) has lasted me since 1980. I didn't want the expense of it but the dentist told me if I didn't do it then my teeth would gradually shift and fall out. But maybe you weren't referring to that type of bridge, lol.

Rugs and Pugs said...

School sure ends late in your area. Most schools have been out for weeks here, but they probably start much earlier.
So happy you and hubby had a good time away. It is good for the soul ;-)

WoolenSails said...

There is nothing like time at the beach to rejuvenate us and spending time with family is a bonus.
That is fun to have the teacher, play around town.

Debbie

Julia said...

I'm so glad that you and the husband got to getaway to the beach with family and friends. It sounds like a wonderful time. I could use a restful getaway to rejuvenate. It's been a long time since I could get away. The beach looks like a perfect place.

I bet the donuts were the best.

Take care,
Hugs,
Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow!!! That water is so amazingly CLEAR!! Is it warm?? Sadly, I have not gotten to the lake since February as Snowdog cannot travel. I am glad that you had some quality fun and family time. I'm in for doughnuts any day LOL. You are close enough that you can walk into work? It would take me a day to walk to where I worked LOL. Lucky, lucky, you to have some sleepover days/nights with Sweet B. I can imagine the fun in the anticipation and plotting! Enjoy!! ~Robin~

Hill Top Post said...

How wonderful, after so long, that the family could get away on a beach vacation. (It's always nice to have a friend who has a lovely place on the beach!) I am sure all the brothers and their wives had a grand time telling their stories. Sweet B is going to enjoy her stay in the room with the new rugs on the wall.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice that you were able to get away and see friends and family, Cathy. We did that as well recently and will do again next month. Looks like your friend has a great beach place to rest and relax. I know what you mean about the wait for dental work and will be undergoing a similar procedure in the fall, hopefully without a long wait time by then.

Prims By The Water said...

So glad you were able to enjoy the beach again. I know you had a wonderful time! How fun to have a pop up piano player. Good luck with your bridge. Janice

yaya said...

I'm so glad you had time with family after this long, crazy year. My brother so wanted to get to see his daughter and granddaughters after not leaving his home area during Covid. Sadly he passed just days before his trip so I'm glad you and your hubby were able to have time away and enjoy freedom and family again. Enjoy Miss B! I know you will! Happy Father's Day to your hubby too! Have a good weekend!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog