Sunday, September 27, 2020

New Hampshire

There is no better place in the world to be than New England in the fall. (our road) The weather could not be better...

Or the colors more glorious! (a man fly fishing on the right) 



Every hill top, a vista that goes on forever.. mother nature puts on her best colors for us.

Where else would you find a coven of witches leaf peeping ?? 
(What sweet young women just giggling and having fun)

Corn mazes that go on for ever it seems. (sorry wrong turn again!)

We are so dry the corn has dried on the stalks so sad..but rain in the forecast for tomorrow.

Fields of pumpkins ready for the picking. (after this picture we added more pumpkins lol)


There was a fire at a private school this week. Thankfully it was in a building under construction so no kids were involved. But most of these young men and women are volunteers.  I am thankful for each of them, I know the sacrifice they make, my husband was full time for a bit but volunteered for many years. Cold dinners, up and out of bed in the dead cold of the night etc etc...There has also been a team from our area to go to California to fight their fires. 


I feel very blessed to live here and see this beautiful turn of season each year. 
Have a wonderful week!


8 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

So sorry we missed the fall colors when we got to New England too early two years ago. So very pretty.
I broke down and bought a $2 pumpkin at a yard sale the other day. I'd love to have more, but those da** squirrels eat holes in them and drag them all over the yard.
That cartoon with the elderly couple just cracked me up.
God Bless our firefighters and all first responders. They have a tough job. I can't imagine the firefighters in California. So very scary.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I have never been to your part of the country, but it is sure on my list of places I want to go. I was born in Colorado and have lived almost all of my life in the west, except a few years when I lived in the Mid-West (Oklahoma, Nebraska and Illinois). Yes, New England is lovely. I have ancestors that lived in Vermont and my sister lives in New York (probably not technically New England - but close for a Westerner). Thanks for this lovely post! Have a great week.

Farm Girl said...

Someday I would love to visit your state in the fall. I love seeing the colors change. I do hope you get rain. I keep hoping for rain to come our way, but it will be awhile yet. That joke is funny. I hope you have a great week.

Donna said...

I so agree with you....there is no better place to view these magnificent colors that New England. Its what we all look forward to come September and October...just beautiful.
Great read....Donna

Nellie said...

I just read a very brief recap of the witch trials and was filled again with horror that women were put to death during this time! The history of our country regarding injustice isn’t pleasant! Love the pumpkins in the wheelbarrow! I need to get some here. Our temps are predicted to be on the downturn this week, so pumpkins would love that! We’ve made two visits to New England in the fall; had hoped to repeat this year at this time; no travel for awhile, it appears. Your area is beautiful at this time of year! One trip we picked apples at Peck’s Orchard!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cathy,
You truly do live in a wonderful place and I envy you right now as I LOVE FALL and sure do miss all of those colors!!! Thank you for sharing them here on your blog!!!
We are still in the triple digits here in AZ during the day, but it was actually 66* during our walk at 5:30 AM!! Once the sun comes up, the temps go up, but at least they are going in the right direction......down!!!
May God take care of all those firefighters right now!!!
Have a great week!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

TheCrankyCrow said...

We have glorious colors here as well...this year they seem exceptionally intense....As much as I am reveling in that and drinking in every drop, it brings an odd disquiet to me....as though we are being given an exceptional gift to hold close in some exceptionally harsh months to come. I have always wanted to see New England...and would like to do so no more than in the fall. But I really want to make it to Topsfield where my great grandmother 8x removed was from...and Salem, where she and here sister were hanged...but I hear it's a circus in the fall of the year there so that's not for me. Fun little coven you ran into! ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

We were in New England in the Autumn once. Great colors! Loved those ladies dressed as witches having fun! Jaice