Wednesday, September 30, 2020

A Rare Mid-Week Post

We are on the eve of a full moon and the new month of October.
How I love the fall.

My sweet husband gave me a gift certificate to Dorr Mill store for Christmas last year so it was time to shop! I got some wool..

And a small pattern I plan on making into a pillow.

I finished my witches shoes. I hate whipping for a finish. I hate doing it and really I am not that fond of how it looks. But I cut the backing a bit to small so I  didn't have much choice. 

We finally got rain!!! But it knocked a lot of  leaves off the trees. We have been so dry, the rain was so welcomed and more to come by the end of the week and the beginning of next week. We are on well water, so we have been very careful with our consumption of water, thankfully no issues. 

I have a sleep issue, if I fall asleep I don't stay asleep, or I just can't fall asleep. My granddaughter started having a drink of tart cherry juice before bed. It reminded me I use to do that but let it go not sure why. So I am back taking a couple of shot glasses each night before bed. At first I wasn't sure but now I am, it works! 

My Son In Law's birthday was Tue. So a big happy birthday wish to him.
I make a funny little single layer chocolate cake for birthdays. It is the best cake!
The recipe is from WWII no eggs or dairy. It is rich and moist. I top it with butter cream flavored with almond extract it makes it so yummy.
***
So now you are all up to date with me lol
Have a wonderful rest of your week and enjoy the full moon tomorrow night.

7 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

You are off to a great start on your sheep and the witches shoes is such a fun rug!!!
I grew up on well water and some years the well would about go dry. Not a good thing. Happy to hear you got some rain with more on the way.
Not that I will ever make it...lol...but you should share your cake recipe.
Happy birthday to Ron :)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hmmmm, a cake without eggs??? Yes, I agree....you need to share the recipe...especially if it is moist. I love moist cakes! That little sheep mat looks adorable!!! And I love your witchy shoe rug....Almost all my finishes are done with a whipped edge. My hooking guru neighbor prefers a wool binding method and showed me briefly how she does it. Seems like twice the work LOL. Yes, we are losing our leaves quickly...and more rain on the way, so I am sure there won't be much left in a few days. Have fun hooking! ~Robin~

yaya said...

My favorite month is here but we have cloud cover so probably won't see this full harvest moon tonight. My surgery coworkers and myself always hated these full moons when on call! Strange stuff happens! Anyway, I love your rug and it reminds me of my witches shoes I bought last year. I'll have to feature them on my blog! We got rain this week and like you it was very welcomed. We have a well also and I always worry about it going dry or the pump breaking. I'm a natural worrier! I will have to try the cherry juice. My sleep has suffered since retiring from my work schedule. Weird, I know!

yaya said...

I have a P.S.! My Mom used to make a cake with no eggs, etc. It was a spice cake, very moist and she called it a depression cake.

Saundra said...

I also hate whipping the edge of a rug for the binding. I've heard about other positives for the tart cherry juice so next time I go to the grocery store will definitely look for that brand. Thanks for the heads up. BTW, previously told you your striped socks were perfect!!!!!

WoolenSails said...

I haven't been up there in years, but fun to shop with a gift certificate.
I have seen the foliage up there, so beautiful, hope I can find some this week.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

We will have 2 full moons this month with the second being the blue moon. Hope SIL had a nice birthday. Am sure he enjoyed that wonderful cake! Janice