Sunday, October 28, 2018

Fall..

I know I have shown this rug before but still one of my favorites.
The colors are not showing very well though here.

We got another round of snow this week not much for us just lots of wind, hail and rain. The wind oh the wind was so strong.

We also took a trip into Boston for husband's yearly check up.
He got a great report and we go back in a year. We were going to stay over night the night before but because the Red Sox are in the  world series the cheapest room was 900.00 in the city yikes I will deal with the traffic for that much $.


Miss B was in a school play. She did great job. she is in the crown and gold cape. She loved every minute of it.

I also got to go to lunch with a good friend on Thur. I got out early from work so it worked out great. We went to church landing and had a wonderful lunch! 


Since plans got changed around this weekend I ended up with free time so I baked the first pork pie of the season...

And a apple crisp. I had no oatmeal in the cupboard so I used some granola I had and it worked out so good.

We also kept the fire place going most of the day.

I did get to the thrift on my way out and about doing errands.
this was 1.00 and as cute as can be.

This was also 1.00 a hand thrown pottery mug with the top that does fit, great for work when I make a cup of coffee and don't get back to it for a few minutes


This was free, I pulled the fabric liner out and ran it through the washer and dryer perfect.  
***
I am working on a Christmas rug I have a good start on it
so I should be done for Christmas
***
We trick or treat with B and my daughter and son in law Wed. then
my son in law's grandmother hosts a fun spread of food and a get together.
I also have my yearly check up. I am hoping some of my numbers are better, I have been exercising and lost some weight and I've been eating better. 
****
Happy Halloween, Boo!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your rug is beautiful, it must be such a satisfying craft, I hooked a chair pad years ago but it was before my head injury and I have forgotten lol,, you found some great buys, and 900 dollars a night , that’s crazy! I would sleep in the car before I would pay that! Good news on your husbands check up!

WoolenSails said...

You have been busy, but I think we have more energy now that the weather has cooled down.
Miss B is so cute in her outfit and fun that you can spend time with her and go to her events.
Love the pumpkin, great find.

Debbie

The Liberty Belle said...

I certainly wouldn't object to some of that yummy looking apple crisp!

Saundra said...

Glad both of you had good health reports. Don't blame you for fighting the traffic instead of paying that exorbitant price for hotel. You get the best deals, love that wire basket!

Julia said...

Miss B. looks so sweet in her crown and costume. I just love those school plays.

Oh my gosh, the cheapest room was $900. Unbelievable!!! What's the world coming to? That is insane. I'm glad your husband got a good report and that you didn't have to stay in Boston.

That meat pie and the apple crisp are making me drool. It's been a while since I baked pies. Life has gotten too busy but my retirement is getting closer. I see pies in my future, lol.

You got great finds for very cheap. I've stopped going to the thrift store except when I'm looking for something specific since I started to declutter my home.

I hope that you have a great week Cathy.
Hugs, Julia

Rugs and Pugs said...

Such a newsy blog post. Especially happy to hear of hubby's check up!!! $900 for a room? Not in my lifetime.
Love the fall rug.
I will be generous and let you keep the snow :)
Sending hugs.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your pie looks amazing...and I can totally see why you love that rug - I do too!

Prims By The Water said...

Miss B is adorable! Cannot wait to see your Christmas rug. I am sure it will be wonderful! Did you say that bad four letter word that starts with an "S" came to pay a visit. I am not looking forward to that. UGH. Janice

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Cathy, so happy to hear about hubby’s good news....Anything apple is always good in my books, lol...love the rug also, wish I enjoyed hooking more then I do....thanks for your visit, missed you, Francine❤️

yaya said...

So glad your hubby has a good report! I'm betting you will too! Miss B look very regal in her crown...so cute! You always find the best stuff when you thrift. Trick or Treat was last week in our town so we missed that fun but had a nice time with our family in Portland, Ore. We just got home and now I'll be decorating for Thanksgiving! Have a very Happy Halloween!

kelley said...

what a happy post! I'm having a hard choosing my next rug to hook...still in the fall mood and your crow rug is a favorite....

Judy said...

Beautiful photos. Glad Hub's report was good and I know yours will be too.